Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:05 am

Wow. this sucks. Long long line. No precheck
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Wow. this sucks. Long long line. No precheck
Yep. And not much beyond security when you do finally make it. If I recall, they do have a "premium lane" to the left (aka just cutting the entire line of passengers behind you who will glare at you as you make your way to the front of the line).
PDX4MSU likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
While it's not an Alaska Lounge but Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar and Grill - Terminal C has been added as a Priority Pass restaurant. 14:00 - 20:00 daily. No mention of it needing to be an outbound flight.

rune87 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:16 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Reupping this for 2019...

Same sad BOS gates, same uncertain PreCheck, same insufficient bathroom situation?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Reupping this for 2019...

Same sad BOS gates, same uncertain PreCheck, same insufficient bathroom situation?
Other than the bar inside nothing has changed. The restaurant outside security is now part of Priority Pass.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
The BOS situation is really bad, and still hasn't been improved in the slightest. Any sort of flight delay seems to be exacerbated by the fact that AS shares its 3 gates at BOS... and there is always a gate availability issue.

Wonder if anyone has done the math to see how much the space constraint has impacted their BOS flights' timeliness.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Originally Posted by bj27
The BOS situation is really bad, and still hasn't been improved in the slightest. Any sort of flight delay seems to be exacerbated by the fact that AS shares its 3 gates at BOS... and there is always a gate availability issue.

Wonder if anyone has done the math to see how much the space constraint has impacted their BOS flights' timeliness.
​​​​​​

Supposedly in June they are moving to B35/B36. Dropping to two gates but there are two B gates currently unassigned in the same area that could be used for overflow per the last article I read.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Moving to B terminal would be great. C40-42 are are terrible - bad security situation, bad food options, etc.
That bar by C42 can handle like, what, 16 people? And when I was there it was taking them 25+ minutes to get food up (including salads) from wherever they were pulling them.. they weren't being prepared there.

B35/36 would be very close to the AA lounge, so Alaska Lounge members & PP members could actually get lounge access when flying AS.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Moving to B terminal would be great. C40-42 are are terrible - bad security situation, bad food options, etc.
That bar by C42 can handle like, what, 16 people? And when I was there it was taking them 25+ minutes to get food up (including salads) from wherever they were pulling them.. they weren't being prepared there.

B35/36 would be very close to the AA lounge, so Alaska Lounge members & PP members could actually get lounge access when flying AS.

AA is moving all of their gates to the other side of B (b1-b20) so I dunno if that admirals club will remain open. But I wonder if another lounge would go in there. It isn't busy enough for an AS lounge. Southwest is moving to that pod of gates as well.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiffieman
​​​​​​

Supposedly in June they are moving to B35/B36. Dropping to two gates but there are two B gates currently unassigned in the same area that could be used for overflow per the last article I read.
That would be awesome. no lounge but Stephanie's restaurant belongs to PP.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Might have to go back to BOS
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Might have to go back to BOS
We should DO that after June. I love Boston. It's a fun city and there is a lot of history there.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Flew out of BOS yesterday. PreCheck line available. Only one ID/BP checker for both lines, but they opened the PreCheck X-ray and detector for me and a guy behind me. Easy peasy. The IRROPs that insued later was a different story. The BOS crew is ill-equipped to deal with that when 3 flights are departing within two hours (5:00p SFO, 5:30p SAN, 6:30p LAX)

Last edited by DrAlex; Jan 13, 2019 at 8:19 pm
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DrAlex
Flew out of BOS yesterday. PreCheck line available. Only one ID/BP checker for both lines, but they opened the PreCheck X-ray and detector for me and a guy behind me. Easy peasy. The IRROPPs that insued later was a different story. The BOS crew is ill-equipped to deal with that when 3 flights are departing within two hours (5:00p SFO, 5:30p SAN, 6:30p LAX)
Sunday - Friday, there are 5 departures within 3 hours (PDX between 4 and 5, SFO and SAN between 5 and 6, and LAX and PDX between 6 and 7). Somehow, they manage to squeeze all of these flights into 2 gates (C41 and C42).

During IRROPS, chaos is inevitable.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
AA is moving all of their gates to the other side of B (b1-b20) so I dunno if that admirals club will remain open. But I wonder if another lounge would go in there. It isn't busy enough for an AS lounge. Southwest is moving to that pod of gates as well.
AA has a small "grab & go" lounge of some sort over by B4 - if they expand that into a full lounge it will be a bit of a hike from the proposed AS gates, but at least accessible air-side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.