Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by stc
Given the DL / AS "divorce", I would be surprised to see AS move back to A.
Does DL "own" A?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Someday all of C will be connected with additional connection to B

https://www.massport.com/capitalprog...%20Package.pdf

Still in the infancy stages.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
PMAA is moving to the PMUS and AC area in Terminal B, sometime late 2018 or 2019.
WN is moving to the PMAA area after, and DL and WS will be the only ones in A.
AS/VX are there for the long-run... Massport is planning on connecting B38 hold area to C42 hold area, and connect that area to the main Terminal C, and using the common Security area.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Does DL "own" A?
it was a"special lease" between Massport and DL, with DL originally in control of all gates... but Massport bought some back during DL's bankruptcy, and subsequent rebuild. DL is going to get back the 5 gates that AS shared, and WN uses.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
PMAA is moving to the PMUS and AC area in Terminal B, sometime late 2018 or 2019.
WN is moving to the PMAA area after, and DL and WS will be the only ones in A.
AS/VX are there for the long-run... Massport is planning on connecting B38 hold area to C42 hold area, and connect that area to the main Terminal C, and using the common Security area.
Are B37/38 not connected to the rest of B? The terminal map suggests they are but I've never flown out of those gates.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CDKing
Someday all of C will be connected with additional connection to B

https://www.massport.com/capitalprog...%20Package.pdf

Still in the infancy stages.
Someday is optomistic I think.
"Construction of full project scope is to be completed in one or up to three separate projects. The design team will complete full design for three separate construction projects: Demolition of Old Tower; Terminal C Optimization of Pier D Gates 40-42 connection to Pier C gate C25; Terminal C Pier D gate C42 to Terminal B Pier A gate B38 Post Security Connection"
Old Sep 6, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Perhaps AS/VX could swap with NK? NK might be willing to make that swap to reduce their lease costs.

...or maybe not. Maybe even NK understands the value of having a passable gate area.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:25 am

I have an upcoming March trip in/out of BOS, kind of depressing that it's still a mess. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll move to the rest of terminal C before then.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by quemalo
I have an upcoming March trip in/out of BOS, kind of depressing that it's still a mess. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll move to the rest of terminal C before then.
You wont be that lucky.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
You wont be that lucky.
Wait, are you saying that MassPort is slower than the POS?

I know the OP's timeline... but still
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wait, are you saying that MassPort is slower than the POS?
There is NOTHING slower than the POS, except the clock for a four year old on Christmas Eve....
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Landed about thirty minutes early on AS 30 this evening... and then proceeded to wait on the tarmac for an hour for one of the three gates to open. At least I'm getting a discount code and didn't miss my bus to Maine?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
Landed about thirty minutes early on AS 30 this evening... and then proceeded to wait on the tarmac for an hour for one of the three gates to open. At least I'm getting a discount code and didn't miss my bus to Maine?
If it makes you feel any better, Concord Coach runs up to Portland every hour
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
If it makes you feel any better, Concord Coach runs up to Portland every hour
I know, but if we'd been able to disembark upon landing I could've made the previous bus. And my scheduled one was the last direct-to-Portland express of the night.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by jinglish
I know, but if we'd been able to disembark upon landing I could've made the previous bus. And my scheduled one was the last direct-to-Portland express of the night.
I'm just giving you a hard time. I know that terminal is awful. I haven't flown AS in 2017 because of it. I really like AS, but out of BOS, DL and B6 have all of my west coast nonstops covered. It's not just the terminal itself, but having Precheck consistently open, some options for dinner given that we do most of our west coast trips on evening flights, etc.

Tangential to the actual topic, but with B6 putting Mint on the SEA and SAN routes (in addition to LAX and SFO), and DL putting D1 on SFO, AS is really going to have to think about what it wants to do with its Boston flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.