Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I got a 114 miles "ticket purchase bonus". Anyone else see this on his/her statement?

Edit: seems to be bonus for buying award tickets.
I think it's just the 3x miles for using the Alaska Airline card on Alaska Airline purchases.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmdough
I think it's just the 3x miles for using the Alaska Airline card on Alaska Airline purchases.
It was an award ticket on CX, purchased via Alaska.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
It was an award ticket on CX, purchased via Alaska.
$$ taxes and fees = ~$114/3?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
$$ taxes and fees = ~$114/3?

$$ taxes and fees = ~$114/2.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$$ taxes and fees = ~$114/2.
ah yes, as the additional 1x was probably rolled up in the normal monthly purchase tally i assume.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Signed up for the card on 10/1 and when I checked my mail today it was here. I didn't have an AS account so I had BofA create one for me. When I received the card I went to AS.com and set up an account. I'm very happy to see the 25,000 miles have already been deposited ^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CMK10
Signed up for the card on 10/1 and when I checked my mail today it was here. I didn't have an AS account so I had BofA create one for me. When I received the card I went to AS.com and set up an account. I'm very happy to see the 25,000 miles have already been deposited ^
Sounds fast compared to BoA standards ^

Thanks for the report.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Sounds fast compared to BoA standards ^

Thanks for the report.
A little faster than Chase, I'd applied for the IHG card from Chase and it took 15 days to arrive.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:40 am

How long does it take for business card bonus to post, application states after first purchase, that purchase has been posted but no bonus miles yet.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ziqch
How long does it take for business card bonus to post, application states after first purchase, that purchase has been posted but no bonus miles yet.
I thought the business card required $1,000 spend, or am I confused. In any event, most bonus or even miles do not post until the bank tells the airline, which seems to be after they close a billing cycle. I would guess this note from the AS website might be the answer.

"When can I expect my Alaska Airlines credit card miles to appear on my account?

Alaska Airlines credit card miles post to your Mileage Plan™ account 7-10 days after the billing cycle for your credit card statement."

My account shows a posting with the same date of my last Bank Of America statement. I do not know if that actually hit AS it on the very same day, but surely was with 2-3 days of the statement date. (Was not checking daily)

Last edited by NoStressHere; Oct 14, 2015 at 2:34 pm
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:46 am

The application site states bonus after first purchase. It does not mention any minimum spend, i hope i am right I'll wait for the statement to close.
Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ziqch
The application site states bonus after first purchase. It does not mention any minimum spend, i hope i am right I'll wait for the statement to close.
Thanks
I think you are right.. I have been know to become confused.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
similar timeline on my recent new account.

spend that companion fare wisely ^ i feel like i got good mileage out of mine, used it to cover a $900 multi-city ticket. i could have done better, but this was travel we needed anyway, versus vacation travel we "wanted". and, we cleared 4/5 segments into F at booking on a combination of qualifying fares and GGUs.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What sort of timeframe should I expect to see the bonus and spending miles to show?

I recently got one card for my personal use, and one for my business use. There is a flight we are looking to book that shows available right now for February, but you never know how long it will be there.

Need the bonus for each plus the actual spend already made to book the ticket.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
What sort of timeframe should I expect to see the bonus and spending miles to show?

I recently got one card for my personal use, and one for my business use. There is a flight we are looking to book that shows available right now for February, but you never know how long it will be there.

Need the bonus for each plus the actual spend already made to book the ticket.
my bonus (personal card) posted within ~10 days of approval.

spend based credits post when the statement is issued for that billing period. for me that was about 5 days before i received my bill in the mail/email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.