Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Moderator note:

This thread is a companion to the series of "What Will Alaska Be Serving On Your Flight?" threads (current edition, 2012 edition).

You may see some fragments of discussion in this thread that seem to come from nowhere. Those are posts the moderators have moved from the above-mentioned thread into this one in an effort to try to keep that thread centered strictly on reports. If you notice a post (or series of posts) in the REPORTS thread that isn't a report about an on-board meal, please feel free to click the "Alert A Moderator To This Post" triangle and let us know that there is some maintenance to be done and we'll get on it when able.

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

If they are left over they are supposed to be comped to F...
I learned of the policy from FT and decided to try it. One of the coach FAs came up with the sandwich and about 15 napkins and handed everything to the first class FA who then handed everything to me. Come to think of it, I only asked if there was hot food left over from coach and the first class FA automatically knew that I was referring to that policy. It's a great policy, especially since AS doesn't offer a snack basket in addition to first class meals.

Last edited by Tide_from_PAE; Aug 19, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Old Aug 28, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Beef Wellington or Pork and Chile Verde on AS6 this afternoon. Ended up with the pork as we're in Row 4 (but sounds good)

AS848 LIH-SJC yesterday was an exceptional menu- have it stashed above right now but was a chicken curry dish with green beans and coconut rice or Kauai shrimp (5) with a cream sauce and locally made pasta. Most everything was sourced from the island- dessert was a "Volcano with mango and apple" Ono!

Oh and it started with a salad (locally grown) with very good basalmic vinegar dressing.

Both chicken and shrimp were great!
I was under the impression that Alaska didn't cater in Hawaii, that thier flights were double catered? Am I wrong?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I was under the impression that Alaska didn't cater in Hawaii, that thier flights were double catered? Am I wrong?
I believe that changed--for the better--relatively recently. ^
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yes AS changed this and was a very good change ^ Flights double catered from Hawaii were horrendous. This was a recent change and I applaud AS for it. Great meals catered with locally sourced food at least from LIH
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes AS changed this and was a very good change ^ Flights double catered from Hawaii were horrendous. This was a recent change and I applaud AS for it. Great meals catered with locally sourced food at least from LIH
Apparently, it (LIH food) comes from a local restaurant, and not from an industrial airline caterer.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Apparently, it (LIH food) comes from a local restaurant, and not from an industrial airline caterer.
Correct ^

AS did a great job partnering here ^
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION Thread

Yes AS changed this and was a very good change ^ Flights double catered from Hawaii were horrendous.
Double catered flight PERIOD are horrendous......
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Double catered flight PERIOD are horrendous......
You clearly do not appreciate how the cheese on the cheese plates age just specially so as the day goes on, in 10% humidity for hours, ready for that 8 PM snack flight. People around the world pay extra for such aging. As an AS F pax, it comes with the price of admission! :-:
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You clearly do not appreciate how the cheese on the cheese plates age just specially so as the day goes on, in 10% humidity for hours, ready for that 8 PM snack flight. People around the world pay extra for such aging. As an AS F pax, it comes with the price of admission! :-:

Sorry I haven't acquired a taste for that and I hope I don't....
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent reports on West Coast snack plates?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Anchorage flights

What's being served for lunch in F out of ANC these days? I'm on AS100 on Friday and am thinking of brunch before going to the airport.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP, UA 1P
Originally Posted by BOB W
small chocolate mousse in a glass...in coach. Has AS started a meal service in coach again?
Doh! First, I mean! I've gotten so few upgrades since I lost Gold status this year, it was almost a reflex.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Anyone able to tell a very nauseous pregnant kayet what to expect on AS 22 SEA-ORD this week yet? Picky stomach

9/5 ETA: I'll answer my own question I guess. Same as

9-1-12 AS452 SEA-LAX

Turkey and cheese sandwich on cheese herb (rosemary?) Bonus- very small side salad and customary Seattle Chocolate.

AS 471 SEA-LAX same plane, same seat, same meal. At least its not fungus
Minus the "At least its not fungus"

Last edited by kayet; Sep 5, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by kayet
Anyone able to tell a very nauseous pregnant kayet what to expect on AS 22 SEA-ORD this week yet? Picky stomach
OT, but congratulations!
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Anyone take FLL to SEA lately (newer route)

Flying Monday morning and wondering what breakfast might be

Also, i'll be heading to SEATAC tonight if anyone there are 7:30pm and wants entry to the boardroom. I can guest 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.