Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Moderator note:

This thread is a companion to the series of "What Will Alaska Be Serving On Your Flight?" threads (current edition, 2012 edition).

You may see some fragments of discussion in this thread that seem to come from nowhere. Those are posts the moderators have moved from the above-mentioned thread into this one in an effort to try to keep that thread centered strictly on reports. If you notice a post (or series of posts) in the REPORTS thread that isn't a report about an on-board meal, please feel free to click the "Alert A Moderator To This Post" triangle and let us know that there is some maintenance to be done and we'll get on it when able.

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by lalala
1/27/2013
PHL-SEA
some vile concoction they called cod wrapped in prosciutto
Salad
Roll
berry cheese cake
Nuts later in flight

Good lord - it is bad enough there double cater for PHL, but FISH?

Picked up a grinder at reading terminal market and Had that instead.

When did AS start FEBO service? not that I really care, but they need to be consistent.
AS doesn't double cater food on any of the transcon or Hawaii flights. Any meals served from PHL are catered there.

There hasn't been a change to FEBO. you're right about consistency if this is the way the FA on your flight chose to take orders. They are supposed to go front to back.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? REPORTS (2013 edition)

AS flyer - thanks for the correction. In any case, it was vile. Fish belongs in the hold, not on the plate. I will stick to the hoagie.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
There hasn't been a change to FEBO. you're right about consistency if this is the way the FA on your flight chose to take orders. They are supposed to go front to back.
ASFlyer -- As always, thank you for your insightful comments. This is something that has puzzled me since I worked for AA years ago. What is so hard about following the rules and doing the service correctly every time? Maybe I'm just a rules type of person, but it is easier for me if there are published guidelines on how to do a task.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
ASFlyer -- As always, thank you for your insightful comments. This is something that has puzzled me since I worked for AA years ago. What is so hard about following the rules and doing the service correctly every time? Maybe I'm just a rules type of person, but it is easier for me if there are published guidelines on how to do a task.
There actually are printed guidelines. I wish people would just follow them. Unfortunately, not everyone does. I'll say this, there has been a lot more consistency over the last few years than ever in the past and it's getting better. At least from where I stand. From where you sit the perspective may be slightly different. Hopefully not.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
Asked the FA for some extra of the "Seattle Chocolates" to go with some Coffee and Crown Royal after dinner. He said "a few people didn't eat theirs so I have a few extra and gave them to me".
If I decline a meal, I always ask for my chocolate and any extras they have. I don't think they've ever had a "stash" of them, but I'm sure there are some extras laying around.

You can always buy them online, straight from the source.

http://shop.seattlechocolates.com/sc...uffle-bag.html

http://shop.seattlechocolates.com/sc...-truffles.html
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:59 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by nichanderson
A cookie and a half ehh?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by tusphotog
If I decline a meal, I always ask for my chocolate and any extras they have. I don't think they've ever had a "stash" of them, but I'm sure there are some extras laying around.

You can always buy them online, straight from the source.

http://shop.seattlechocolates.com/sc...uffle-bag.html

http://shop.seattlechocolates.com/sc...-truffles.html
If one ever has a long layover at SEA, the Seattle Chocolates factory is close to the airport in the Southcenter area of Tukwila behind the Nordstrom Rack and next to the Goodwill. They have a wide selection of first-run chocolates and discounted "seconds" for something like $5 per pound. Note that contracts with national retailers require Seattle Chocolates to abstain from selling chocolates under the retailers' brand names, so some of the seconds are actually first-run Frangos and fancy chocolates normally sold at Target that were overruns or were returned to the manufacturer. There are also tons of free samples. Alternatively, one can go to any Macy's in the PNW and buy Frangos or wait until Costco sells them in Seattle Chocolates wrappers for the winter holiday season.

As for FEBO, on all of my AS and DL flights in F with meal service, meals have always been served from front to back.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:22 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
ZLO to LAX

Originally Posted by bkkth
Enjoyed the Beef Wellington dinner. While not fine dining, it certainly was a cut above typical domestic first class meals. And the crew was great.
+1

In fact it almost made up for the brutally awful "roast beef and cheddar" sandwich.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
PHL-SEA offering on Feb. 2 was exactly the same as the BOS-PDX mentioned above: Cheese ravioli with butternut squash and walnut(s). The other option, long sold out by row 4, was the Boeff Bourguignon.

Must say, cinnamon chocolate mousse was tasty with a warmed Courvoisier .
keeping my fingers crossed for this itin next week.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: aa
All this looks pretty good im excited about my first first class ever.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Humm heading to OGG tomorrow on 11am flight from PDX. I was able to get entire group of 6 of us upgraded at check-in to FC.

6 hr flight with lunch served.. . wonder what's on the menu?? Will post pix
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:37 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
[...] from PDX. I was able to get entire group of 6 of us upgraded at check-in to FC.
Wowsers! I might have expected that kind of availability to Hawaii out of the bay area, but not from SEA/PDX. Nicely done!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by baliktad
Originally Posted by Hvanv0405
[...] from PDX. I was able to get entire group of 6 of us upgraded at check-in to FC.
Wowsers! I might have expected that kind of availability to Hawaii out of the bay area, but not from SEA/PDX. Nicely done!
Very impressive ^

Props
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Warm grilled chicken sandwich with cold orzo salad and ersatz sliced tomatoes.

I have a photo but for some reason I cannot upload it from my computer to the BB (the site is asking for a web link rather than an upload ... any tips? )
I had the same question the first time I tried to post a photo (I am a newbie too). This was the response someone gave me and it worked perfectly - and I did use imageshack.com:

"You need to put the picture properly sized someplace online, if you don't have anyplace, you can use imageshack.com. You upload the picture there and it will resize it to the size you want, and it will give you a link.

Click on the mountain icon to insert a picture, and copy the URL into that."

Sorry to go OT.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Finkface
I had the same question the first time I tried to post a photo (I am a newbie too). This was the response someone gave me and it worked perfectly - and I did use imageshack.com:

"You need to put the picture properly sized someplace online, if you don't have anyplace, you can use imageshack.com. You upload the picture there and it will resize it to the size you want, and it will give you a link.

Click on the mountain icon to insert a picture, and copy the URL into that."

Sorry to go OT.
Photobucket also works well. That's where I store these photos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.