Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by amunter
As a coda to my experience, I went looking (pessimistically, I confess) on the AS website for DXB-LAX F award seats (in pairs, to accommodate my wife and I).

On the Tuesday I wanted, 330 days out, I had no problem with availability. For grins, I looked back a couple of weeks as well, and found availability for two seats then, too. So perhaps the rare spot of good news...

Having a bit more trouble with the MLE-DXB leg, but that's easier to work around. Hard to find a good substitute for the F experience in an EK A380!
Looks like I stand pleasantly surprised.... i haven't seen dxb-lax for a long time and i just wasn't looking at the right dates!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Looks like I stand pleasantly surprised.... i haven't seen dxb-lax for a long time and i just wasn't looking at the right dates!
Sadly nothing in F from DUR/JNB/CPT to DXB for when I'm looking. I may just have to slum it back in J for the shorter segment. Hoping i can match up with some CX availability to JNB while JNB/HKG is still 4 class
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Originally Posted by CDKing
Sadly nothing in F from DUR/JNB/CPT to DXB for when I'm looking. I may just have to slum it back in J for the shorter segment. Hoping i can match up with some CX availability to JNB while JNB/HKG is still 4 class
Yes, I had significantly more difficulty finding F from EMEA origin points to DXB than I did from DXB to North America. Which, given the discussion upthread, seemed ... odd.

CX ain't a bad alternative, though! On the trip we just booked, we're doing CX F on the outbound (on a 747) and EK F on the return (on an A380). I think we'll be well taken-care of...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Grrrrr even though its on AS site i get this error on 2 different dates I tried: CPT-DXB-LAX late summer

The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request.

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 2, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
Grrrrr even though its on AS site i get this error on 2 different dates I tried: CPT-DXB-LAX late summer

The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request.
I finally booked CPT-DXB-LAX for September a day earlier than the two that came up on AS site but woulf not book. J on CPT-DXB and F from LAX. Im bringing up EF again as Z = 2 on the DXB-LAX segment. Now i need to call on the CX reservation and book on AA from LAX-BOS
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS, HH, UA, IHG
Bugs on AS site are just frustrating.

Finally was able to book SEA-DXB-AMS-DXB-SEA-PDX. Adding in PDX at the front end resulted in routings through LAX or SFO. Tossed in the return SEA-PDX just for fun and was surprised to see it didn't change any routings or availability.

Tried to get the partner desk to add on PDX-SEA and was told they can no longer do this, has to be available on the web site. Hung up and tried two other times with the same result.

I'll have to figure out how to maximize chauffeur drive in this situation, maybe dropping the final SEA-PDX leg.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Question

Originally Posted by abner o'mal
Tried to get the partner desk to add on PDX-SEA and was told they can no longer do this, has to be available on the web site. Hung up and tried two other times with the same result.
This is confusing. Surely the PDX-SEA shuttle flight would be available on the web site - so why can't they just add it as a segment to the itinerary? Doesn't change the cost in miles (though there would be a little tax to charge, but nominal), so how is this a disallowed change?

(Also, this is a little OT, but what are the chauffeur drive benefits available on an AS-miles-based EK F ticket? Are they identical to paid EK F? We've got an EK F itinerary that has a 24-hour layover in DXB en route, and it would be useful to take advantage of it.)
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amunter
(Also, this is a little OT, but what are the chauffeur drive benefits available on an AS-miles-based EK F ticket? Are they identical to paid EK F? We've got an EK F itinerary that has a 24-hour layover in DXB en route, and it would be useful to take advantage of it.)
It should show up under the reservation after you pull it up from Manage Existing Booking screen on the EK site. I dont have any flights on the itin before the EK leg and it lets me select Departing LAX, Arriving DXB, Departing DXB and Arriving in SIN.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:44 pm

Can I redeem an award 100K AS Points on EK F Suites A380:

JFK-DXB-PEK or PVG or SIN(A380 Asia routes)-NRT or KIX?.

Since EK does not service Japan with the A380
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by ual902

Since EK does not service Japan with the A380
No, as you have to be with one carrier each way and EK does not fly from any city in Asia to Japan aside from DXB.

Maybe fly into Seoul or Hong Kong then get a separate ticket to fly up to Japan?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ual902
EK does not service Japan with the A380
Don't know about NRT/KIX but you can redeem 100K AS points for EK First for JFK-DXB-PEK or PVG or SIN, if you can find the space.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Don't know about NRT/KIX but you can redeem 100K AS points for EK First for JFK-DXB-PEK or PVG or SIN, if you can find the space.
I know LAX-DXB-HND is valid. I have been able to find Y , J and a mixed F/J. For an example April has Y almost every day I checked. DXB-HND is 777-200LR
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Just booked two one way F tickets on EK - JFK-DXB-SIN on 11/18. Might try and book the return with CX. Might take three 3 showers on the way to Singapore! :-)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Pulley
Might take three 3 showers on the way to Singapore! :-)
According to this relatively old trip report:

http://crankyflier.com/2011/04/20/fi...t-trip-report/

you might be limited to one shower for five minutes.

Hope that's not the case!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dgreen12
According to this relatively old trip report:

http://crankyflier.com/2011/04/20/fi...t-trip-report/

you might be limited to one shower for five minutes.

Hope that's not the case!
I had an empty A380 F cabin for one of my flights, and they did offer to let me take multiple showers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.