Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:09 pm

I applied 9/12 I believe. Apparently all MBNA credit approval systems were put on hold as of that date as part of the transition to TD. Should have applied one day earlier... There's no way for agents to manually put through the queued applications. Anyone considering an application may want to hold off until early October to see how things play out.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by todd-r
I have never had an MBNA card take this long!

08-22 Applied On-line (no instant approval)
08-26 Call from MBNA to confirm details and advise of approval and that card will be issued in 48 hours (no card received)
09-11 25,000 Bonus points awarded (posted as World Elite Enrollment Bonus)
09-12 Receive notification from GCR that rebate has been awarded
09-14 Companion Cert awarded

09-16 No card yet!
09-11 Card issued date (per MBNA)
09-16 Card received!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AS
Does anyone think that the World Elite card has sufficient coverage to not have to purchase Applecare on an iPhone 6?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by kyden
Does anyone think that the World Elite card has sufficient coverage to not have to purchase Applecare on an iPhone 6?
Are you buying the phone outright or through a contract? If buying outright, as long as the purchase price is less than your homeowners policy deductible, you are fine. If part of a contract (i.e., you do not receive a receipt for the purchase of the phones retail value) then if you choose to insure through iCare, that would be your best bet.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:13 am

Are you buying the phone outright or through a contract? If buying outright, as long as the purchase price is less than your homeowners policy deductible, you are fine. If part of a contract (i.e., you do not receive a receipt for the purchase of the phones retail value) then if you choose to insure through iCare, that would be your best bet.
It is outright yes, and slightly lower than my deductible. I wonder why the coverage has anything to do with my homeowners insurance.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by kyden
I wonder why the coverage has anything to do with my homeowners insurance.
Because it is considered 'secondary' insurance.

If the value is greater than your homeowners deductible you would have to claim through that policy first (and eat the deductible).

You have these coverages with your World Elite MasterCard:

EXTENDED WARRANTY
Doubles the original manufacturer's or store brand warranty for up to one year when you pay with your eligible MasterCard card.

PRICE PROTECTION
Should you find a lower regular price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase using your eligible MasterCard card, you may be reimbursed for the price difference.

PURCHASE ASSURANCE
Provides coverage for most items you purchase with your eligible MasterCard card if the item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:50 pm

Because it is considered 'secondary' insurance.

If the value is greater than your homeowners deductible you would have to claim through that policy first (and eat the deductible).

You have these coverages with your World Elite MasterCard:

EXTENDED WARRANTY
Doubles the original manufacturer's or store brand warranty for up to one year when you pay with your eligible MasterCard card.

PRICE PROTECTION
Should you find a lower regular price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase using your eligible MasterCard card, you may be reimbursed for the price difference.

PURCHASE ASSURANCE
Provides coverage for most items you purchase with your eligible MasterCard card if the item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase.
What I can't find is the small print (i.e. exclusions) of the coverage. The website mentions that the details are with the booklet that came with the card, but I don't think I kept it. Probably should have.

2 years ago when I got my iPhone 5, I scratched it within 2 weeks. I know scratches are not covered, even by Apple, but I am concerned that I will miss out if I don't "double up" on coverage.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:09 pm

I have the small print here as I just received one of these.

It does not cover travellers cheques, money, documents, animals or plants, golf balls, automobiles, motorboats, or other motor vehicles.

Computers, software and their parts are considered one item and are covered to $1000 max.

Jewelry and art are limited to $500 for each item per loss.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions and I will get out my magnifying glass.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Hey, I cancelled my 6/26

Re-applied 9/11 due to this "Chicken little" move to TD, just in case
I under-reported income below $60K

and today 9/17 I just got GCR notification of my $60 cashback, and will wait for my card in mail

EDIT: just to add, my FREE Equifax plan (from Home Depot offering) sent me email alert saying MBNA has opened new account in my name (correctly)
My 25K miles have deposited this weekend, woo hoo (haven't got the card yet)
I should've done this a long time ago, accumulating AS miles for cheap, for CX Business class flight
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by SurlyJoe
I have the small print here as I just received one of these.

It does not cover travellers cheques, money, documents, animals or plants, golf balls, automobiles, motorboats, or other motor vehicles.

Computers, software and their parts are considered one item and are covered to $1000 max.

Jewelry and art are limited to $500 for each item per loss.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions and I will get out my magnifying glass.
Thank you, much appreciated! Good to know computers are covered at $1000 max. My new MBP will be double that price. Applecare it is!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:16 am

Got my card in mail, Platinum Plus only and not WE, yah! with $15K limit though, crazy

I under reported my income to below $60K and will update it online and hope for an upgrade offer
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
I didnt have an MVP account when I applied. I got the card, but no MVP card. Should I open an account with AS and link my CC to it or have they automatically enrolled me in the program? How do I find out?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:28 am

Your AS number should be printed on the bottom of your Mastercard
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Originally Posted by crimsona
Your AS number should be printed on the bottom of your Mastercard
There is indeed a 9-digit number at the bottom, under my name. Is that it? Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:01 am

Yes, that is it. If MBNA didn't screw up inputting your birthday, you should be able to get online access using that number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.