Wiki Posts
Search

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2023, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If it is listed here, it accepts Priority Pass:

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...premium-lounge

The confusion can be resolved if you note the dates of the posts as you read. Plaza Premium stopped accepting Priority Pass at (nearly) all of its locations in Spring of 2021, but resumed acceptance in 2023. Read here:

Plaza Premium ending Priority Pass, LoungeKey access [now reversed for PP]

Thanks for the reply. See below and also some youtube video reviews were saying the same thing.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/0...ow-terminal-4/
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Dell Eddy
I am so confused, Customer Service at priority pass tells me that Priority Pass is accepted at Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 4. But people here are saying it's not accepted 🙄
What does their app show when you login to your account? That is the definitive answer. Call PP if you are concerned that the information is not current.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Thanks, that is great news.

So now back to my original question. Will I have problems getting into the T3 PP lounges at 8am, or should I pay the fee to pre-reserve slots?
I just wanted to mention that we were able to get into the T3 Aspire lounge last Monday morning at 7:30am without a reservation. It was busy, but we were able to find seats. I forgot whether that one or the No. 1 lounge was the better of the two, but it turned out that this one was right next to our gate.
​​​​

Last edited by MisterBill; Oct 17, 2023 at 10:50 am
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I was connecting through LHR T5 yesterday and decided to report on all the lounges. I have not done a lounge tour in T5 in a few years, but it seemed to me everything in T5 was more crowded than usual. I happened to be in BA CW and first used the North Galleries lounge, which had a 15 minute wait. After using that, I tried the others. Aspire lounge only had a dozen people in line, but it turns out they were checking in because they had used the QR code at the front of the lounge to queue electronically and get a notice when they could get in. (They did have a sign that said that if your airline used the lounge for business class, you did not have to wait.) I used the app and got my notice 30 minutes later. The PP lounge also had fifteen so people in line, but didn't move for several minutes and I got tired of waiting. I then went by South Galleries which had about 30 people in line, all the way back to the top of the escalator. Never seen that! Finally, I went by T5B, which was not crowded, and has the same food and drink as the Galleries lounges. The thing about T5B is it only really practical if you are flying out of B or C, though that worked for me as I was flying an A380 out of C.

Only ones I did not get into were Concorde and First lounges, but unfortunately, F was all sold out on my flight, weeks in advance. In the past, I could always purchase an F upgrade at the airport. There certainly seem to be a lot more people flying through LHR this year.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I have a long layover coming up at LHR T2 and planning on getting a private resting suite at the Plaza Premium Lounge. I can access the lounge for free through Priority Pass, if you have access to the lounge already is the private suite discounted or do you still pay the posted rates?
dking likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by N104UA
I have a long layover coming up at LHR T2 and planning on getting a private resting suite at the Plaza Premium Lounge. I can access the lounge for free through Priority Pass, if you have access to the lounge already is the private suite discounted or do you still pay the posted rates?
I know a friend paid the regular rate for the spa services so I'm guessing it's the same for the private rooms.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:55 am

Hi,

Traveling with wife and a 2 year old in tow Heathrow Terminal 3. Is generally No 1 or Club Aspire lounge better for us? We will get a meal and have a drink. Rest, watch airplanes take off and land with little one with a couple of hours to kill.

Thanks,
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pred02
Hi,

Traveling with wife and a 2 year old in tow Heathrow Terminal 3. Is generally No 1 or Club Aspire lounge better for us? We will get a meal and have a drink. Rest, watch airplanes take off and land with little one with a couple of hours to kill.

Thanks,
Neither are great. Both are rather cramped and have just okay food. The views from the Aspire are better. I'm not even sure there is any view from No. 1.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Neither are great. Both are rather cramped and have just okay food. The views from the Aspire are better. I'm not even sure there is any view from No. 1.
Thanks. Unfortunately that's all we can get with Priority Pass.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have a similar question, next month I'm travelling out of LHR with wife and two kids (14 and 7) in tow. We'll be at the airport at our usual lunchtime. Seven year old daughter is not an adventurous eater.

I'm using my Amex PP passes, as I haven't had need to this year and want to use them and not lose them.

Of the two PP lounges in T5 available to me, which is the most likely to either have something nice for the kids to look at and have food that an English seven year old would recognise?

Or would we just be better off scrumming down at the Crown Rivers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.