Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

LHR London Heathrow lounges

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow LHR London Heathrow lounges

This thread begins with a overview of London Heathrow's ten departure and arrivals lounges. You can book your spot ahead of time via the Heathrow website or via Executive Lounges, Holiday Extras, or Plaza Premium websites. It is worth comparing the results of each booking channel as prices and stay durations can vary from one to the next. The prices indicated below are based on adult rates quoted by the Heathrow website. Discounts for children, aged 2 to 11 may also be available.

Note: American Express Platinum card holders are currently granted complimentary access to all of the LHR lounges listed below with the exception of The House at Terminal 4.
Legend:
DC = Diners Club accepted
DP = DragonPass accepted
EL = Executive Lounge (Swissport) accepted
PP = Priority Pass accepted
= single visit pre-booking service available (and recommended)

Opening hours subject to change (times correct as of January 2018)

Heathrow Terminal 2
Plaza Premium Departure Lounge

Airside, near Flight Connections. Opening hours: 05:00 to 23:00
40.00 for 3 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)
DragonPass and Priority Pass accepted

Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Landside, near UK/Ireland arrivals. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
30.00 for 1 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)

Heathrow Terminal 3
Club Aspire Lounge

Airside, near Gate 9. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
24.99 (additional charges apply for shower and spa treatments)
Diners Club, DragonPass, Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted

No1 Lounge

Airside, Lounge F near Gate 12A. Opening hours: 04:30 to 22:30
32.00 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower and spa treatments)
DragonPass, Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted

Outside, near bus stop 18. Opening hours: 05:30 to 14:30
30.00 for 1 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)

Heathrow Terminal 4
Art & Lounge

Airside, between Gates 2 and 3. Opening hours: 06:00 to 11:00, 15:00 to 18:00
25.00 for 3 hour stay
35.00 for 3 hour stay in the Premium section
Diners Club, DragonPass, Lounge Club, LoungeKey, Lounge Pass, Priority Pass, and TAV Passport accepted

Plaza Premium Departure Lounge

Airside, near Gate 1. Opening hours: 05:00 to 23:00
30.00 for 3 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)

Skyteam Lounge

Airside, near Gate 10. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:30
30.00 for 3 hour stay (fee includes use of shower facilities)
Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted

The House

Airside, near Gate 10. Opening hours: 06:00 to 21:00
Note: American Express Platinum, DragonPass and Priority Pass are not accepted

Landside mezzanine. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
30.00 for 1 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)
40.00 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)

Heathrow Terminal 5
Aspire Lounge and Spa

Airside, near Gate A18. Opening hours 05:00 to 22:30
34.99 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)
Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted (subject to capacity restrictions)

For detailed information and reviews of this lounge, please visit Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews

Plaza Premium Lounge

Airside, near Gate A7. Opening hours: 05:00 to 22:00
40.00 for 3 hour stay (additional charges apply for shower usage)
DragonPass accepted

For detailed information and reviews of this lounge, please visit T5 New Plaza Premium Airside Lounge
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 13, 2020 at 3:13 am Reason: Add Art & Lounge
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
I'd just like to add to this:

* You can also get into all Plaza Premium lounges worldwide for free by showing an AMEX Platinum / Cenurion card. This is useful to know for those who got their PP through AMEX and might have thought they wouldn't be entitled to access the Plaza Premium in LHR T5 or indeed the arrivals lounges.

* Don't go into the T3 Plaza Premium arrivals lounge after arriving on a morning AA flight expecting hot breakfast because you'll be disappointed. Take the walk over to T2 or T4 instead and indulge in some proper bacon that hasn't been covered in syrup and cooked until it's so crispy you can snap it in half. Sorry to any Americans who take offence at this but you're doing it wrong :P
USA_flyer likes this.

Last edited by mickeyjaw; Jan 15, 2018 at 7:57 am Reason: Phrasing about arrivals lounges
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Can we expect to see the proper airline lounges here too? There are regularly questions about OW lounges (particularly at T3) and this thread could probably answer quite a few.

Maybe add info regarding intra-terminal travel as that's a question that is being asked regularly (e.g. I'm flying from T4. Can I use the lounge at T3; I'm arriving at T5 and departing at T4. Can I use the lounge at T3?"; etc.)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Can we expect to see the proper airline lounges here too? There are regularly questions about OW lounges (particularly at T3) and this thread could probably answer quite a few.

Maybe add info regarding intra-terminal travel as that's a question that is being asked regularly (e.g. I'm flying from T4. Can I use the lounge at T3; I'm arriving at T5 and departing at T4. Can I use the lounge at T3?"; etc.)
Well I would suggest that this new forum is really intended to cover a gap in the Flyertalk coverage for the non airline lounges. The airline lounges are generally well covered by the relevant forums, particularly LHR T3, so the material is out there already. Similarly for inter-terminal travel there are the guides for both airlines and country forums, so UK and Ireland for example. And again there is plenty of material for LHR there, to continue that example. On the other other hand if it was for someone turning up in T3 without status / premium cabin then this forum is the best place, there isn't anywhere else for that information on the whole. (And yes, they can use the T3 lounges mentioned above if going from the T4 to T5, if they pay or have a card).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:09 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Anyone know why T3 Plaza Premium arrivals and T5 Plaza Premium havent been added to priority pass yet?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
In regards to the T3 lounge, good question. I had read in late 2017 that a move to PP would occur soon.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:33 am

Talking

Originally Posted by sxc
Anyone know why T3 Plaza Premium arrivals and T5 Plaza Premium havent been added to priority pass yet?
Don't know but it suits me fine!

I've never seen more than 10 people in the T5 Plaza Premium. Last time I was there (about 7.30pm on Friday evening) there were more staff than customers...
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The T5 Aspire lounge is mediocre, you can read the extensive reviews in the BA forum. Next time I am flying BA economy I will Starbucks instead!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Boraxo
The T5 Aspire lounge is mediocre, you can read the extensive reviews in the BA forum. Next time I am flying BA economy I will Starbucks instead!
Or Pilots or Wagamama or....

The new Plaza Premium lounge in T5 is significantly better, and though access is somewhat constrained at the moment - it doesn't take Priority Pass - it is one of the best paid-for lounges in Europe. Aspire isn't adding very much to the T5 experience, I would certainly agree.
Monty_GER likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Had good experiences with Giraffe in the past.....
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This might be worth a note. DragonPass card holders receive a 25% discount on food and beverages at

Terminal 2
- Wonder Tree

Terminal 3
- Giraffe Stop
- Market Gardener
- The Curator

Terminal 4
- Apostrophe
- The Prince of Wales
- Comptoir Libanais

Terminal 5
- Giraffe
- Giraffe Stop
- Be Relax (T5B)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Plat Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
I'd just like to add to this:

* You can also get into all Plaza Premium lounges worldwide for free by showing an AMEX Platinum / Cenurion card. This is useful to know for those who got their PP through AMEX and might have thought they wouldn't be entitled to access the Plaza Premium in LHR T5 or indeed the arrivals lounges.

* Don't go into the T3 Plaza Premium arrivals lounge after arriving on a morning AA flight expecting hot breakfast because you'll be disappointed. Take the walk over to T2 or T4 instead and indulge in some proper bacon that hasn't been covered in syrup and cooked until it's so crispy you can snap it in half. Sorry to any Americans who take offence at this but you're doing it wrong :P
I can't find anything on the Amex or Plaza Premium website about the Platinum card getting a card holder and a guest in for free. Are you sure this is the case? Can anyone else confirm or provide a link? Thanks.
**Edit** Apologies. Found the link: https://www.plaza-network.com/promot...39808410959872

Last edited by DarthPalmer; Mar 7, 2018 at 8:06 am Reason: Additional info
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
That link is helpful, thanks. But I didn't see any info about guest access.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:13 pm

I went to Club Aspire in Terminal 3 last time I was at LHR. I won't be back. Dirty, crowded and just overall a poor experience. At least it was free.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I went to Club Aspire in Terminal 3 last time I was at LHR. I won't be back. Dirty, crowded and just overall a poor experience. At least it was free.
I would seriously suggest you visit the No1 lounge instead next time you're in T3...
Love2flyfirst likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.