Reload this Page >

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:23 am

Has anyone heard any news/development concerning the Centurion Lounge here?

It has been listed as a nebulous "2021" / "Coming Soon" for some time and, with T3 now reopened, there was some general speculation that "Soon" might be arriving shortly. Usually in the weeks preceding opening travelers have some intel (staff training, decor installed, etc...)

Edit: I answered my question with a bit more google sleuthing... from this article dated August 14 it seems that decor for the lounge is still in the planning phases. Wish I had been able to sneak a peak at the pictures from designer before they yanked them down but, I have a trip out of LHR scheduled for October, so I won't hold my breathe for this lounge being open in time for that.

Last edited by imnotalawyer; Sep 2, 2021 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum
I'll be flying on AA in a couple weeks into LHR. I have a coach ticket and am an Executive Platinum on AA. It's a redeye flight and I will get into either T3 or T5 at 630am. I am going straight to the office after I land, but I do have time for a shower and to change into my work attire.

Depending on which terminal I land in, which lounge is the best one for me to go to? Will I be able to get in since I'm not departing and have just arrived? And I'm assuming in either case I need to go visit the lounge, shower, change....and then I'll leave to clear immigration?

TIA!
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by splatkid10
I'll be flying on AA in a couple weeks into LHR. I have a coach ticket and am an Executive Platinum on AA. It's a redeye flight and I will get into either T3 or T5 at 630am. I am going straight to the office after I land, but I do have time for a shower and to change into my work attire.

Depending on which terminal I land in, which lounge is the best one for me to go to? Will I be able to get in since I'm not departing and have just arrived? And I'm assuming in either case I need to go visit the lounge, shower, change....and then I'll leave to clear immigration?

TIA!
Hi,

Where are you flying in from ? ( AA flights are now using T3 apart from flights from JFK which use T5).

You will not be able to go airside with an arriving boarding pass as you are directed straight to immigration.

AA has an arrivals lounge at T3 (landside after immigration) . I would check with the AA forum if it is open and entry requirements
BA has an arrivals lounge at T5 ( just reopened) but not sure if they would allow AA pax in.

Regards
TBS
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Where are you flying in from ? ( AA flights are now using T3 apart from flights from JFK which use T5).

You will not be able to go airside with an arriving boarding pass as you are directed straight to immigration.

AA has an arrivals lounge at T3 (landside after immigration) . I would check with the AA forum if it is open and entry requirements
BA has an arrivals lounge at T5 ( just reopened) but not sure if they would allow AA pax in.

Regards
TBS
Flying in from ORD. Appears they've been landing at T3 based on recent flight tracking. Thanks for the info on the AA arrivals lounge...I'll have to check.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:23 am

It looks like the BA lounge in T5 is only for passengers with Biz or 1st class tix. I'm flying Coach (L) so I don't think I'll be able to get in.

Any other suggestions for a shower/change before? Guess at this point I can just try my hotel for early check in?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Flying in from ORD. Appears they've been landing at T3 based on recent flight tracking
It looks like the BA lounge in T5 is only for passengers with Biz or 1st class tix?
If your flight arrives at Terminal 3, a lounge at Terminal 5 is probably not accessible even if you were eligible to use it.

The AA Arrivals lounge at Terminal 3 is still closed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp

The Plaza Premium arrivals lounge is also closed: https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...als-terminal-3
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by mia
If your flight arrives at Terminal 3, a lounge at Terminal 5 is probably not accessible even if you were eligible to use it.

The AA Arrivals lounge at Terminal 3 is still closed: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp

The Plaza Premium arrivals lounge is also closed: https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...als-terminal-3
Yeah...easiest thing to do right now is go to the hotel and shower/change there. Confirmed the hotel could support, boom done.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:20 am

Flew out of LHR earlier this week and was disappointed to see that the Centurion had not yet opened (but completely expected). I was pretty travel weary so I didn't even think to poke around "A" to check in on the state of construction.

I will note that the No.1 Lounge was really pleasant. A lot of room to sit/lounge. We had a morning flight and they served a decent egg/meat breakfast sandwich and the drinks were solid and served up promptly. Centurions set the bar high but this was a more than worthy stand-in.
Smuffe likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
The Centurion Lounge at LHR is now open.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/1...throw-airport/
https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/1...inal-3-review/

I'm looking forward to trying it out in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
The Centurion Lounge at LHR T3 was very nice, albeit not the easiest to find, so I ended up having to ask someone because the signage wasn't very good. I'd read about the complete lack of natural light but to be honest it didn't even cross my mind when I was in there. It was probably about 20% full when I was there yesterday around 10am. I'm sure that the lounge will get a lot busier as a) BA moves some flights back to T3, and b) the number of people travelling to the US increases.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:28 pm

LHR T5. - Aspire or Plaza Premium?

I will find myself in LHR T5 this Sunday afternoon waiting on a BA flight to GLA.
With no current BA status I will have the choice of Aspire or PP lounges due to various card accesses.

which lounge is the better for relaxing in (not working)

TIA
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:14 pm

FlyToTheMoon12345

No personal experience but, to the extent that it may be helpful, here are the TripAdvisor pages for the Plaza Premium and Club Aspire lounges at T5. They both seem to have generally favorable reviews with some outliers related to crowding.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex etc
Changes in T2

Sticky needs updated as Priority pass is no longer accepted at the Plaza Premium departure lounge in LHR T2 - according to rep on desk they changed about 6mo ago.

They do accept Amex Platinum or Centurion but require the physical card. No joy for me as I only had my BA amex on me and showing platinum in apple wallet or amex app no good.

Priority pass now provides a £15 credit in the ‘Big smoke tap house instead - but they exclude any Priority Passes issued as an Amex benefit…. Grr.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by FlyToTheMoon12345
I will find myself in LHR T5 this Sunday afternoon waiting on a BA flight to GLA.
With no current BA status I will have the choice of Aspire or PP lounges due to various card accesses.

which lounge is the better for relaxing in (not working)

TIA
Too late for you, but the Plaza Premium is by far better.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:21 am

pmcbeagle if you're curious, here is an OMAT article announcing the change in access policy, which took effect in July of this year.
pmcbeagle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.