LHR London Heathrow lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR London Heathrow lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2023, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Then you have access to the Flagship lounge which has solid food offerings, I think better than CX Business. Although the latter is nicer in appearance. You also have access to the Qantas lounge which I've never been to but gets high marks from those who have. The BA Galleries lounge is so-so.

American seem to only allow first class passengers into the flagship lounge as per their online policy. Seems business are directed to the admiral club?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:28 pm

Then you have access to the Flagship lounge which has solid food offerings, I think better than CX Business. Although the latter is nicer in appearance. You also have access to the Qantas lounge which I've never been to but gets high marks from those who have. The BA Galleries lounge is so-so.

American seem to only allow first class passengers into the flagship lounge as per their online policy. Seems business are directed to the admiral club?

Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:34 pm

Thanks, Tennen.

I'm leaning towards the Sofitel. The question is how easy is it for two exhausted 81-year-olds to get to from T3 and how do we get back to T5 from the Sofitel?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by KyRoamer
Thanks, Tennen.

I'm leaning towards the Sofitel. The question is how easy is it for two exhausted 81-year-olds to get to from T3 and how do we get back to T5 from the Sofitel?
While I've never been to T5 (not a BA flyer), I believe getting from the Sofitel to T5 is the easiest part. AFAIK, it's a straightforward walk to the departures/check-in level.

Edited to add The _Banking_Scot's quote.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
From the Sofitel, there is a passageway ( at the edge of the carpark) to an elevator to the ground floor ( arrivals) then another elevators to departures level so it is easy to walk

You will pass through immigration at T3 ( you may be able to use the egates ) then baggage reclaim/then customs then follow signs to Heathrow Express/ trains and take the train to t5 ( journey time 5 mins or so ) then head to T5 arrivals level and follow signs for the Sofitel
Here are some resources that may be helpful.
Heathrow's Getting between terminals page.
Their PDF map of the free transfer options.
A blogger's review of the Sofitel, including partial directions.
A different blog's guide to terminal transfers.

The harder part is getting from T3 to T5 when you're exhausted, older, and probably less mobile. You can walk to the Terminal 2 & 3 Train/Rail Station for the Heathrow Express (and maybe Elizabeth Line, too?) or the Terminal 2 & 3 Underground Station for the Piccadilly Line. Both are free to use and there are loads of signs to direct you. The Train Station is a shorter walk from T3 but has fewer frequencies (maybe?). For you, I'd suggest going to the Train Station to cut down on walking and for the transfer ticket option (no need to use a Contactless CC or Oyster). You might wait longer for a train, but that's probably preferable to walking. IIRC, the platforms are quite deep, so there are a few sets of escalators or a possibly long wait for an elevator.

If you're overwhelmed after clearing passport control and customs, go to the AA Arrivals Lounge. Even if you don't eat or shower, you can catch your breath and relax for a bit. If you need any help, the agents there can guide you.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flights_1

That link states under the collapsed "Qualifying First and BusinessExpand" heading:

"Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying same-day international, transcontinental or other domestic flight marketed and operated by American, a oneworld® airline or marketed by JetBlue and operated by American.*"

So yes, as per their online policy they do get access.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
That link states under the collapsed "Qualifying First and BusinessExpand" heading:

"Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying same-day international, transcontinental or other domestic flight marketed and operated by American, a oneworld® airline or marketed by JetBlue and operated by American.*"

So yes, as per their online policy they do get access.
Keep scrolling to the LHR lounge. It's marketed as a first class lounge rather than a Flagship so is, indeed, for F flyers or OW emerald. However I believe the Admiral's Club at T3 is alright. That said, why in the world would anyone go there with QF and CX just a few steps away?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Keep scrolling to the LHR lounge. It's marketed as a first class lounge rather than a Flagship so is, indeed, for F flyers or OW emerald. However I believe the Admiral's Club at T3 is alright. That said, why in the world would anyone go there with QF and CX just a few steps away?
Thank you for pointing that out. I do stand corrected. Yes, I would rather go to CX or QF just because I know the Admiral's Club is so unpleasant to sit in, despite the food offerings being okay.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 11:19 pm

LHR T3 Priority Pass lounges at 8am

I've got a trip connecting through LHR next week. We're going to need to get from T5 to T3 and have a 2:30 layover. We arrive at 6:50am and will have checked luggage, so we'll need to get that and recheck them through. I figure best case scenario we'll be at one of the T3 Priority Pass lounges at 8am, maybe a little earlier if the flight is early and I get lucky. Should I bother paying the 6 GBP pp fee to reserve spots, or take our chances on being able to get in without reservations at that hour (it's a Monday, if that matters).
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by MisterBill
I've got a trip connecting through LHR next week. We're going to need to get from T5 to T3 and have a 2:30 layover. We arrive at 6:50am and will have checked luggage, so we'll need to get that and recheck them through. I figure best case scenario we'll be at one of the T3 Priority Pass lounges at 8am, maybe a little earlier if the flight is early and I get lucky. Should I bother paying the 6 GBP pp fee to reserve spots, or take our chances on being able to get in without reservations at that hour (it's a Monday, if that matters).
I'm assuming these flights are different tickets as you've mentioned baggage collection and re-checking? If so, then I wouldn't be booking a lounge. The minimum connection time without baggage is 90 minutes - so adding the time required to go thorough immigration, collect your luggage, transfer to T3, re-check your bags and then clear security will use up all (if not more) of the extra time.

If the flights are on the same ticket, things are much easier. You baggage would be checked through to the final destination, and you wouldn't need to collect and re-check. You just follow the connections signs to get a bus from T5 to T3.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm assuming these flights are different tickets as you've mentioned baggage collection and re-checking? If so, then I wouldn't be booking a lounge. The minimum connection time without baggage is 90 minutes - so adding the time required to go thorough immigration, collect your luggage, transfer to T3, re-check your bags and then clear security will use up all (if not more) of the extra time.

If the flights are on the same ticket, things are much easier. You baggage would be checked through to the final destination, and you wouldn't need to collect and re-check. You just follow the connections signs to get a bus from T5 to T3.
No, same ticket (booked with AA miles). But I thought that I'd need to collect my luggage and recheck it since I'm arriving from the US and flying to Budapest.

And I thought that you take a train from T5 to T3. Or is a bus the better option?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
No, same ticket (booked with AA miles). But I thought that I'd need to collect my luggage and recheck it since I'm arriving from the US and flying to Budapest.

And I thought that you take a train from T5 to T3. Or is a bus the better option?
If you are on one ticket then your bags will be checked all the way through to Budapest with no need to collect them at LHR. When you land follow the purple flight connections signs which will lead you to the bus to T3. To take the trains you’d have to clear immigrations, definitely more time consuming than the connection bus.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Clearing customs at first point of entry is a US thing. So, no need to see your bags until you arrive at BUD

That certainly makes the lounge access a lot easier.

And as above, don't bother with the train, it will likely add 30+ minutes to the connection. Just get on the connection bus, and it will take around 10 minutes to get from T5 to T3.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Clearing customs at first point of entry is a US thing. So, no need to see your bags until you arrive at BUD

That certainly makes the lounge access a lot easier.

And as above, don't bother with the train, it will likely add 30+ minutes to the connection. Just get on the connection bus, and it will take around 10 minutes to get from T5 to T3.
Thanks, that is great news.

So now back to my original question. Will I have problems getting into the T3 PP lounges at 8am, or should I pay the fee to pre-reserve slots?
Old Aug 27, 2023, 7:06 am

Terminal 4 Plaza Premium Lounge - Priority Pass

I am so confused, Customer Service at priority pass tells me that Priority Pass is accepted at Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 4. But people here are saying it's not accepted 🙄
Old Aug 27, 2023, 7:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If it is listed here, it accepts Priority Pass:

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...premium-lounge

The confusion can be resolved if you note the dates of the posts as you read. Plaza Premium stopped accepting Priority Pass at (nearly) all of its locations in Spring of 2021, but resumed acceptance in 2023. Read here:

Plaza Premium ending Priority Pass, LoungeKey access [now reversed for PP]
MisterBill likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.