Search

Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 9:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I don't recall what was on offer at the Aberdeen ABZ lounge but they had an entire wall full of excellent single malt scotches. The best I've seen anywhere

IMO JW Black is ok but nothing special. Red is not worth drinking. Blue goes for $150/bottle (or used to) so I would never expect to find it free in a lounge.
It's been a long while since I've been to ABZ -- my last trip there was when flying between ABZ and SVG -- but whatever lounge food there was at ABZ definitely was not anything memorably good. Rather it was memorably poor. I didn't check out the drinks, but you know what they say about drinking alcohol on an empty stomach.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Priority Pass lounges try for new methods of reducing their alcohol provisioning costs too.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Hi. I acquired a PP with my Amex Gold and plan to use the Aspire Lounge at Heathrow T5 in December around the Christmas holidays. I'm guessing it's going to be mad busy and I should probably prebook (I am ok with ponying up the £6 fee) but what I want to know is, will it be too busy to really get any benefit from it? Or am I just better off roughing it out in the terminal.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:30 pm

Quick question for those with American Express Priority Pass. I thought they removed all Restaurant Access. Flying out of Detroit next week and noticed Anita's Kitchen is listed in the app with the $28/person credit. Don't see any other restaurants listed at other airports. Does anyone know if this is an error on the app or if this restaurant is actually included?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Amex Priority pass doesn't include restaurants. The app doesn't know any better - it just lists out all of the Priority Pass locations without filtering out Amex-excluded ones.
What if you went to the Lufthansa terminal? (I'm assuming you're not flying Skyteam, in which case you're bound to McNamara terminal).
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by centrifuge41
Amex Priority pass doesn't include restaurants. The app doesn't know any better - it just lists out all of the Priority Pass locations without filtering out Amex-excluded ones.
What if you went to the Lufthansa terminal? (I'm assuming you're not flying Skyteam, in which case you're bound to McNamara terminal).
Thanks for the response. Your Priority Pass App should only show the clubs your particular membership is tied to, it actually does know where you can go based on type of membership. When they removed restaurants for American Express, all of those came off my app. I double checked today and all of the other restaurants aren't showing when I search the airports that have them (SFO & DEN for example). I checked with a friend that has it through Chase and the restaurants all show in her app. That's what had me confused. I'm unfortunately not flying on Delta and the Lufthansa lounge is closed to Priority Pass members during the time I'll be there.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Mama
Personally I believe PP have too many members, and mostly just membership as part of credit card benefit. Of course these credit card companies pay PP a lower contracted membership rate. Too many PP members out there, if any airline lounge continues to contract with PP, these lounge will not be able to serve their own customer. PP member crowd pretty much take over the lounges.
And apparently airport lounge is not a high profit business to be in. It requires large space and many staff, and endless food and alchohol. If this is a profitable business, you bet there will be companies so busy to set up new lounges everywhere.
I predict all airline lounges will stop doing business with PP, and the small numbers of independent lounges can not justify the value of a PP membership, and PP will go belly up.
Actually, lots of airlines and companies want to setup new lounges. But airside space at busy airports is limited and very difficult to rent. When new terminals are built these days, they almost always have more space dedicated to lounges and retail than older terminals, simply because people get to the airport earlier and so spend more time in the terminal than before. I don't know exactly how the costs stack up, but if taking in PP customers wasn't at least somewhat profitable, they wouldn't do it. And if lounges were not in demand, new terminals wouldn't dedicate so much space to them. That said, I do think that PP itself is devaluing its brand by overselling its subscriptions and not having enough lounges under contract to provide a reasonable service to all of their members.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:28 pm

PP at Miami

I’d be interested to hear about recent experiences at miami airport in Priority pass lounges
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Turkish Airlines has 2. Both show pre-book available.
These are very good lounges that are also accessible to those with *A Gold status.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:41 pm

I have visited all of the PP venues in Miami (MIA). There are two Turkish Airlines lounges, one in Concoruse E and one in Concourse H. I will say the lounge in Concourse H is much nicer, has a bar, and has better food. If you only have time to visit one of the lounges,

I recommend making the effort to get the one in H. I did a full review of both lounges on my blog with photos and more, see my review of the Turkish Airlines Lounge (MIA) Concourse H.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:50 pm

Does anyone know if we can use two different priority pass restaurant credits for the same restaurant?
Mainly, both my sister and I have our own priority passes. It is possible for me to use my Card + guest (her) for the 2x restaurant credit and then another purchase with her Card + guest (me) for the next set of 2x restaurant credits?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just used PP at both SFO Giants Clubhouse and Lark Creek today. Before you jump on me this is the first and maybe last time we will use PP restaurant perk in 2024. Will be missed. Both checked BPs.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by Boraxo; Apr 7, 2024 at 11:19 am
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:18 pm

At SFO a couple of days ago at around 14:00, I was refused entry at all of the following:

Virgin lounge: no entry for PP after 12:45, contrary to what PP app shows (until 14:00) or the SFO electronic info board at the lounge entrance area says (until 15:00), and existing PP guests are kicked out at around 14:30
China Airlines lounge: PP is allowed when no conflict with their contracted airlines flight schedule, so hours vary
Golden Gate Lounge: PP allowed early (8am) or for a couple of hours (between 10ish-12ish) only
BearX220 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Visited the L lounge and the Matina lounge at ICN in T2. Very happy. Food was fine - actually good at the Matina Lounge.

Nice cold draft beer at both locations. No waiting either. the L lounge is right next to the Nap area upstairs which was great since the Transit Hotel was fully booked.

Really helped on a 9 hour layover. I have PP access via Amex Platinum so felt it was a real value add.
8MiHi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.