Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Are XL seats available for OneWorld elite? According to ab.com, at least 5 XL seats are unassigned. When I call AB, they said they were not available. Spoke with two separate agents.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
DUS definitely a lot better.

Was able to check-in at business line, access AB lounge without any issues. Fast Track security was printed on boarding pass. However, DUS airport should better enforce the fast track line.

What I do miss is that unlike US carriers, AB does not have dedicated priority boarding lines where elites/premiums can still cut in front of the line even if they miss their pre-boarding.
From my understanding Fast Track is enforced by the automatic readers.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
From my understanding Fast Track is enforced by the automatic readers.
I've only saw the readers on the Lufthansa side of the airport where you do have to scan your boarding pass yourself and in theory it should be enforced there.

On the AB side (C gates) there are no self-service scanning since general and premium security share a common staging area. Staff is on hand to scan BP to ensure you below here. Once in the staging area, there are several security lines. There's a sign on the left for First/Business. However there is no mechanism for checking those on this line are eligible to be on the line.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Are XL seats available for OneWorld elite? According to ab.com, at least 5 XL seats are unassigned. When I call AB, they said they were not available. Spoke with two separate agents.
Yes, they are. I am usually placed automatically into 1C.
Sometimes others are faster than me with the reservation.

I can sometimes do the reservation online on qantas.com.au after I added my QF-Plat-Number. Otherwise I just call and get what I want.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:04 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Yes, they are. I am usually placed automatically into 1C.
Sometimes others are faster than me with the reservation.

I can sometimes do the reservation online on qantas.com.au after I added my QF-Plat-Number. Otherwise I just call and get what I want.
Qantas.com lets me assign row 1 but that row is not XL. It is just a seat held for elite.

XL are the exit row seats and qantas.com does not let you grab that because even if it is not occupied, it will appear as blocked.

In expert flyer, these seats never appear avail. They either appear as occupied (because they are occupied) or they appear as blocked (when they are actually avail).

The problem I'm seeing is that the seat is free according to ab.com and expert flyer, but AB phone agent is saying it is not. I'm seeing the same thing even on flights more than 6 months from now.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:34 pm

after seating system was recently updated one need to get first confirmed SR XLST request - and that would make emergency exit seats available for choose. though if XLST free of charge approved for OW elites I have no idea... for me as AB*G it is approved directly.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:34 am
Original Member

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Thanks. So when I call AB, what keywords do I need to say to them? Th SR XLST request...is that to confirm passenger is exit row eligible?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:46 am

You can try it. Dunno if it will work though..
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:01 am

*LOL*

Funny that one should tell the call center agent what exactly (s)he needs to do in order to get what one wants.
"SR XLST" is a specific system entry to display available exit seats in the seatmap. Without this entry prior to the actual seat reservation all exit seats, whether actually available or not, will be displayed as unavailable.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:21 am

well, not so simple actually this entry existed for very long time now, but begun to work very last week. so if somebody would ask me 1 week ago I would tell that this entry is meaningless. just that I have my own booking this week with AB and was "playing" a bit with seat assignments - so I realized that XLST is working now as it was supposed before... But I wouldn't expect everyone even at AB CS to know that recent change.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I've only saw the readers on the Lufthansa side of the airport where you do have to scan your boarding pass yourself and in theory it should be enforced there.

On the AB side (C gates) there are no self-service scanning since general and premium security share a common staging area. Staff is on hand to scan BP to ensure you below here. Once in the staging area, there are several security lines. There's a sign on the left for First/Business. However there is no mechanism for checking those on this line are eligible to be on the line.
95 or more percent of the AB flights depart from the B gates and there certainly is an elite gate and an extra fast track line.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Thanks. So when I call AB, what keywords do I need to say to them? Th SR XLST request...is that to confirm passenger is exit row eligible?
I just noticed yesterday that I lost my exit row seat assignments on my BUD-TXL (due to equipment change) and TXL-JFK (no equipment change, relegated to row 39 from row 14). I could put myself in more apropriate seats using the RJ.com tool, but still not into exit row seats. On ExpertFlyer I checked that there were unoccupied exit row window seats and with that information I called AB customer service today. The agent confirmed that as a Sapphire I should get those seats for free, but claimed that all exit row seats had been booked previously. I told her that I could see some seats blocked, but not occupied on ExpertFlyer and other travellers had reported similar issues with AB exit row seats. She put me on hold for ca. 5 minutes and came back with seat assignments in exit row window seats. I did not mention the "SR XLST" code, but I would've used that if the inital request hadn't been succesful.

The flights are still about a month out, I hope that the seat assignments will last till that time.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
XL Seats as EXP - Denied

I have a seat reservation, but not for an XL seat.

The helpful agent told me that XL seats could only be booked free of charge by Topbonus Elites, not partner elites.

I rooted around on AB.com and finally found the chart that says "Unrestricted choice of preferred seats for status customers" with Emerald status.

Try, try again.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:15 pm
Original Member

Do you have a URL link?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Do you have a URL link?
http://62.50.43.44/site/landingpages...d.php?LANG=eng

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.