Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AB is bleeding red again. Don't expect any website improvements.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH HON
Seriously I hate the fact that a cheap AB OWS/OWE is able to get MCE seats on AA (e.g), but we can't even select a freaking seat without paying for it.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ckx2
Seriously I hate the fact that a cheap AB OWS/OWE is able to get MCE seats on AA (e.g), but we can't even select a freaking seat without paying for it.
I filed a comment to AA last year stating that reconfigured AB 332 aircraft now have dozens of XL seats so there is no excuse why they don't offer it to OWE/OWS whereas previously they only had 8 XL seats.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by :D!
I don't know if it's not working (on AB.com) because it mistakenly thinks my BA number is my topbonus number, even though everything is correct on AY.com
I have the same issue. We are not alone. Apparently this is a recently introduced bug that is now being worked on.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Yes, we AB flyers are indeed the cheapest. Bad. Stealing seats from the American Airlines flyers. We should be ashamed. AB is so overrated. The worst. Total covfefes.

Seriously, give them a call and they'll assign a seat. What is the problem?

I recently learned the hard way (with JL, I guess lots of AA flyers on AA opby JL could chime in) that seat reservations are indeed no guaranteed oneworld benefit. If you can't change it, accept it and move on.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA XPlat
Angry

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
give them a call and they'll assign a seat. What is the problem?
called last week, 25-minute hold, agent told me OWE status was in system; and could now go online and choose seats; go online - still charges me for any seat reservation

called back today, 25-minute hold, agent was able to select seats for me
limited to 'Category B' (i.e. standard seats in middle section, back half of plane for TATL/back half of plane intraeurope)

I probably would have been better off just rolling the dice with whatever was available at check-in. What a crock...

Process and offerings ought to be better, and easier access
OW reciprocity is pretty much nonexistent

US customer service # (917) 261-3165, if you dare
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BeckhamsTears
I probably would have been better off just rolling the dice with whatever was available at check-in.
On intra-Europe routes, you very likely would. As OWS, I've always been able to pick a "preferred" seat in rows 2–5 at check-in, which often enough means three seats to myself.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
Yes, we AB flyers are indeed the cheapest. Bad. Stealing seats from the American Airlines flyers. We should be ashamed. AB is so overrated. The worst. Total covfefes.

Seriously, give them a call and they'll assign a seat. What is the problem?

I recently learned the hard way (with JL, I guess lots of AA flyers on AA opby JL could chime in) that seat reservations are indeed no guaranteed oneworld benefit. If you can't change it, accept it and move on.
JL is more than happy to get me an exit row seat even ways in advance if the appropriate booking class is selected. With the dying German airline Etihad Berlin, there is literally not even a way to pre-select a seat. Their call centers are useless because they refuse to speak English. Seriously? My german is average, so I was able to talk to them, but they have tried to convince me that I'm not eligible for a seat selection because I'm not a topbonus OWS/OWE.

HUCA also didn't work and it's tiresome to talk to someone in a language you're not native in.

I'm sorry but it's simply disgraceful - AB is inflating their status by (sometimes) giving it away for free, or status matching it. TB members are benefiting from OWE status on other airlines more than anyone else in the OW system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.