Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†

Qantas.com stopped working for seat allocation a few months ago. You have to call AB.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
And the beat goes on...

Had to discuss extra baggage with the check-in agent at Tegel today. After 5-6 phonecalls he finally allowed me to utilize my OW Emerald perk: extra baggage.

The same guy even claimed that Emerald was the mid-tier, Sapphire being the highest. Hopeless Servisair!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by skrosvik
And the beat goes on...

Had to discuss extra baggage with the check-in agent at Tegel today. After 5-6 phonecalls he finally allowed me to utilize my OW Emerald perk: extra baggage.

The same guy even claimed that Emerald was the mid-tier, Sapphire being the highest. Hopeless Servisair!
The ground handler serves LH and AB - so on my route I am lost. I hoped with the move to the new airport they could "lose" a few people on the way, but it seems that the whole airport gets lost!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Oh yeah!

I'd take any airport in Africa over Tegel any day

MAYBE we'll see some improvements in 2016. Too long!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I am slightly confused now. Which number do I have to call to do the advance seat reservation (thanks for providing the actual number rather than just "the oneworld line"). Thanks

Last edited by San Gottardo; Mar 12, 2014 at 4:44 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I am slightly confused now. Which number do I have to call to do the advance seat reservation (thanks for providing the actual number rather than just "the oneworld line"). Thanks
You can call any AB number for seat reservation, they may indicate there is a charge but if you ask them to remove and re-enter your FF number then seat selection should be free on the agents computer.

The AB oneworld Amadeus number is 030 3434 2041.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
You could try this phone number as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22372962-post8.html
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:57 pm

First hand experience from the past days: the Amadeus number no longer works. Had to call the general call centre. They could assign seats for my and my non-status travel companion, didn't have to pay any fee. However, they could not assign seats in the first couple of rows, nor could I select them during OLCI. On both flights, middle seats were blocked.

Is that how it should be? No access to the first couple of rows?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:00 pm

First hand experience from the past days: the Amadeus number no longer works. Had to call the general call centre. They could assign seats for my and my non-status travel companion, didn't have to pay any fee. However, they could not assign seats in the first couple of rows, nor could I select them during OLCI. On both flights, middle seats were blocked.

Got same problem last week. Took me 5 min and 3 times request of supervisor, but agent assigned 1st row to me. I was the only one sitting on first 5 rows at the end... Seems their systems are not longer allowing general support agents to assign any seats except standard, and they newly marked first row as specific "coat facility" and window-seats on next rows as "handicapped specified"...
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:40 am

Another thing I noticed: fast track. I had it for my departure from TXL, but not for my departure from ORY. Anyone knows why? Isn't fast track offered at ORY to anyone, not even top tier topbonus members? Or is it offered to topbonus, but not to OW Emerald - in which case, why is it different between TXL and ORY? Or should I have had it? Or maybe I could have gotten it if I had stepped by the CKI counter?

For the ORY departure I checked in in my PC and had a home-printed boarding pass. For the departure from TXL I had done mobile CKI.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:13 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
You could try this phone number as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22372962-post8.html
That is the exact same number I listed..

Did you include the German country code when dialling? I have used the number recently from the UK.

I believe the agent needs to enter command "SRXLST" to unlock the front rows and exit row XL seats. The ordinary agents may not know how to do this, and so does not have the option of offering front row seats.

Another thing I noticed: fast track. I had it for my departure from TXL, but not for my departure from ORY. Anyone knows why?
Fast Track security is not a oneworld Emerald entitlement at Orly.
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/emerald-privileges

However, AB may provide it for their own FF status members and may also provide it for oneworld status members. You would need to ask the ground staff at Orly.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by nux

Did you include the German country code when dialling? I have used the number recently from the UK.
Yes . There was an announcement in German saying that the number was no longer operational and that another number would need to be dialled, which I then noted and called. It was the "normal" reservation line.

Originally Posted by nux
I believe the agent needs to enter command "SRXLST" to unlock the front rows and exit row XL seats. The ordinary agents may not know how to do this, and so does not have the option of offering front row seats.
Thanks, very helpful
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Am bumping this because it's a year old and also because I am booked to travel on AB in May....
A few minutes ago I was on their website selecting seats (I am OW Emerald) and as I selected each seat, the price displayed increased even though my AA EXPLT# is in the record....
So do I still need to call and if so how many supervisors need to be summoned?
Seems if you're a member of OW you need to comply with the benefits package or withdraw.....

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
Am bumping this because it's a year old and also because I am booked to travel on AB in May....
A few minutes ago I was on their website selecting seats (I am OW Emerald) and as I selected each seat, the price displayed increased even though my AA EXPLT# is in the record....
Seems if you're a member of OW you need to comply with the benefits package or withdraw.....

Thanks
Their website is just useless for OW elite. It even has an "unpublished" check-in cutoff time for flights to US different that what is published on the site.

Either call AA (if booked via AA) or go to Qatar website to get AB seat assignment.

Last edited by seawolf; Mar 11, 2015 at 7:16 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: QF Platinum LH Senator
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million

Thanks
Also flying AB in May (first time) and not a problem requesting seats a few weeks ago. Called the general reservations number and agent could see I was OWE and offered me row one seats on all three flights in my itinerary. Easy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.