Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ in the news

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:55 pm

Air NZ to up capacity between Auckland and Oz

Air New Zealand is to increase by the end of the year the number of seats available for flights from Auckland to Melbourne and Sydney.

The airline said today that part of the additional capacity to Melbourne would come from a change of aircraft on some services.

From October 26, a 235-passenger Boeing 767-300 aircraft would be used instead of a 152-passenger Airbus A320 on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday afternoons.

From December 16 a third daily service, using a Boeing 767-300, would operate from Auckland on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday....
Stuff
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:56 pm

Air Nelson pilots strike for 12 hours today

Air Nelson was planning to reorganise passengers' travel arrangements this morning to cope with a 12-hour strike by its pilots.

The New Zealand Airline Pilots Association (NZALPA), which represents more than 100 pilots at Air Nelson, has been negotiating a new collective employment contract with the airline since July last year, but talks have reached an impasse.

The pilots are seeking pay increases of 4.5 per cent, 3.5%, and 3.5% over the next three years. They are also asking for a 4.30pm finish on the Friday before their weekend off....
Stuff
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
When did smart gate become available to kiwis at BNE? They haven't been mentioning it on the flights (NZ or QF). Not that it would have made much difference - the last 2 times through BNE this year the smart gate wasn't working at all.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
When did smart gate become available to kiwis at BNE? They haven't been mentioning it on the flights (NZ or QF). Not that it would have made much difference - the last 2 times through BNE this year the smart gate wasn't working at all.
I refer you to these two posts in this thread

#2910 ntddevsys
#2911 Kiwi Flyer
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:12 pm

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
Passengers transitting in NZ to require visas

The Government is changing the rules for passengers in transit through New Zealand.

Immigration Minister Clayton Cosgrove says as of Friday, transit visas will be needed for all people travelling via New Zealand, unless they are specifically exempted by immigration policy.

He says the change is due to increased security requirements and changing travel patterns.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10500271
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
I refer you to these two posts in this thread

#2910 ntddevsys
#2911 Kiwi Flyer
Thanks. 4 months ago and no mentions on any of my flights since to BNE nor at BNE check-in, nor can I recall seeing any signs saying kiwis can use it.

No wonder I forgot.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nz_crew

Surely that kills any remaining speculation of Air NZ targetting asia to south america connections (together with QF's launch of SYD-EZE later this year)?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:04 pm

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
We can only hope!

(Won't stop the resident airliners.net nutters - one of them wanted a daily WLG-LAX-NCE (yes, Nice) service!)
Old Mar 26, 2008, 8:01 pm

Land sale boosts Hamilton airport result

A sale of land has delivered Hamilton International Airport a "super" net profit of $4.39 million for the six months to December 31, the company said today.

Excluding the land deal, the company made a net profit of $309,000, up 15 per cent for the same six months in 2006.

Chairman of Waikato Regional Airport, Jerry Rickman, said the sale of non-strategic and non-aeronautical land improved the bottom-line by $4.1m....
Stuff
Old Mar 26, 2008, 8:02 pm

Pay up to $88 to ease your climate change conscience

Air New Zealand will offer passengers a voluntary carbon offset scheme that will cost up to $88 per trip.

When passengers book they will be able to donate to an environment trust that will fund research into alternative fuels, a tree planting project on a Hawkes Bay farm and buy emission reduction units from a Manawatu wind farm.

The voluntary contributions will range from $4.50 for an Auckland-Wellington return flight, $13.70 - Christchurch to Sydney and $88.10 - Auckland to Los Angeles....
NZ Herald
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nz_crew

What on *earth* is the point of this? How ridiculous! Assuming that they mean passengers that are remaining airside still require a visa. Absolutely no civilized country anywhere on the planet requires this... It creates lots of headache for passengers, expense and bureaucracy for the country, and a competitive disadvantage for NZ-based airlines.

Or is there something I am missing here?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

It is only for those few countries that need visas for NZ in the first place. Apparently there are about 70 countries that are visa-free for NZ. If I read it right (and assuming the reporting is accurate), further anyone who is transitting NZ to/from Australia and has an Australian entry visa will be exempt from the need for a NZ visa.

So, yes it is a negative step, but shouldn't affect that many people. Indians visiting Fiji might be the biggest group impacted?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Absolutely no civilized country anywhere on the planet requires this...
USA does, but perhaps you are right no civilized country
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:32 pm

Nz Passenger Increase

The number of passengers carried by Air New Zealand was 4.6% higher in February than in the same month last year. For the financial year-to-date short haul passenger numbers rose 4.6% and long haul 15.5% on the comparable period in the 2007 financial year.
Independent
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:33 pm

Comcom Investigates Airport Concessions

The Commerce Commission is investigating the Auckland and Wellington airports' move to reduce the number of duty free concessions from two to one. Auckland Airport said the move would improve the delivery of duty free retail services at its airport.
Independent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.