Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Kris T3 access for Elites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZGE.... and bronze on every other program
Silver Kris T3 access for Elites

Have been grounded for a while and having my first sojourn via Changi on the way home. Thought things might have changed so checked the NZ website and it confirmed Elites still get Silver Kris lounge access. Yeah!

Unfortunately Lounge ladies had other ideas and the AirNZ website carried no weight. Your place is around the corner in the Kris Gold....

Any one know the truth. Are the Lounge Ladies correct and the Air NZ website out of date or should I have stood my ground.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Silver Kris T3 access

Originally Posted by kiwiox14
Have been grounded for a while and having my first sojourn via Changi on the way home. Thought things might have changed so checked the NZ website and it confirmed Elites still get Silver Kris lounge access. Yeah!

Unfortunately Lounge ladies had other ideas and the AirNZ website carried no weight. Your place is around the corner in the Kris Gold....

Any one know the truth. Are the Lounge Ladies correct and the Air NZ website out of date or should I have stood my ground.
the lounge ladies said you need to travel business class to access that lounge
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:10 am
Original Poster

That appeared to be her position. Business Class or Kris PPP or there is the door.

​​​​​​That said new Gold lounge is a massive improvement on what was here last time I came through and now has showers so at least I feel almost human ahead of the final leg.
​​​​​​
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Make a formal complaint to SQ quoting the Air NZ website and see what they say.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Make a formal complaint to SQ quoting the Air NZ website and see what they say.
I would have thought we would complain to airnz that their website is incorrect
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
I would have thought we would complain to airnz that their website is incorrect
Or the feedback to SQ will most probably reach the right person via the AirNZ relationship manager
WLG Base likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
I thought this was still true and a good benefit. I was flying J on NZ so used it last time but keen to know the answer if you can feedback
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...nge-Access.pdf

Their info says only J.

Last time I was there I was Elite but flying economy and I was let in. Times may have changed.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

You may have gotten away with it in the past but SQ are now being very strict on access for only J class and PPS club members. I suspect this is due to the massive overcrowding in the SKL at moment esp at peak times (early morning and mid to late evening). T2 lounge is still closed so T3 lounge is under massive pressure and it won't change until T2 opens fully late this year.
I have not been in the new Gold lounge but from what I have heard its massive improvement from the old lounge where there were not even bathrooms in there.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:23 am
Original Poster

It wasn't getting away with it. Access to SKL is / was a stated benefit for Elite members flying any class of travel AND still is according to the Air NZ benefits page. I have no issue with SG changing the rules, its their lounge, but NZ need to update their benefits / inform FF's of the change.
robbau likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:50 am

It wasn't getting away with it. Access to SKL is / was a stated benefit for Elite members flying any class of travel AND still is according to the Air NZ benefits page. I have no issue with SG changing the rules, its their lounge, but NZ need to update their benefits / inform FF's of the change.
Have you contacted AirNZ and if have you heard back and what did they say?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Sorry, when I stated "getting away with it" I did not mean that you personally were trying to fleece the system in anyway. I agree it is an Air NZ issue and they should be clear on their page. As I stated it may merely be a short term issue until SQ sort out the zoo that is their T3 lounge at the moment.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
your issue is with NZ and not with SQ. SKL access in SIN has not been a SAG benefit for many years ... too bad NZ can't update their webpage.
MeltingAlf likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by cfischer
your issue is with NZ and not with SQ. SKL access in SIN has not been a SAG benefit for many years ... too bad NZ can't update their webpage.
This has nothing to do with being a SAG benefit. SQ/NZ have a special alliance beyond SA. SKL access for NZ Elite members was a benefit negotiated by NZ as part of this alliance agreement.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Question asked of AirNZ but no answer as of yet. My fear is further loss of Elite benefit. As someone who has 15 years of Elite from the back of the bus any erosion is hard felt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.