Silver Kris T3 access for Elites

Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Originally Posted by jawnbc
I have requalified as Airpoints Elite after many years *genuflects* In November I'm flying SQ to Europe in Y *shakesfistatgovttravelpolicy*

Is the word between correct here--as in, any Gold Elite in Y class flying to-or-from NZ on SQ or NZ metal can access the Silver Krys lounge? As in, after I arrive in Changi from my AKL flight (and therefore before my connecting flight to Germany)?
Believe the special arrangement for Elite is for flights departing from Singapore to New Zealand because the SilverKris lounge is never recognised as an arrivals lounge. It wouldn't hurt to try though.
jawnbc likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by robbau
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...nge-Access.pdf

Their info says only J.

Last time I was there I was Elite but flying economy and I was let in. Times may have changed.
the boarding pass does not recognise Elite, it only reads NZ*G so it reads the same as Star Alliance Gold
jawnbc likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:09 pm

if you think AKL International gets full, wait till you see the evenings in there

but to answer your question, at the very least you should be able to access the KF Gold lounge next door.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
We still don’t actually know if AirNZ has looked at access and the website/charts are accurate or are in error…
I have an interest in this for Dec & Jan
jawnbc likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:22 pm

I think for this one, its better to trust the SG lounge policy: https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...nge-Access.pdf
Attached Images  
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raznz
I think for this one, its better to trust the SG lounge policy: https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...nge-Access.pdf
In that case Air NZ must correct its website information, or ensure that any bespoke arrangement with SQ is properly in place.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
This reads like generic *A policy outside of the NZ/SQ joint venture.
jawnbc likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:50 am

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
It sounds like a bespoke arrangement between Air NZ and Singapore airlines, and perhaps the lounge staff in Singapore are not familiar with the policy?

It seems clear that Elite members travelling on Air NZ between Singapore and Auckland on an Air NZ flight have access to the Silver Kris lounge - without any guests.
If you have a guest, you only have guest access at the KrisFlyer Gold lounge.

Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the risk of going around the buoy again, the original poster kiwiox14 last year was declined entry. They reported NZ had responded to their message on the topic, but a policy gap may still remain between what AirNZ asserts, and how SQ views this.

I could test this in mid-Jan on SIN-AKL, but I’d prefer to know in advance.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Sep 6, 2023 at 1:11 am Reason: updated relevant route
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
At the risk of going around the buoy again, the original poster kiwiox14 last year was declined entry. They reported NZ had responded to their message on the topic, but a policy gap may still remain between what AirNZ asserts, and how SQ views this.

I could test this in late Dec on SIN-SGN, but Id prefer to know in advance.
It looks like elite access to the KrisFlyer Silver lounge is only available when flying from Singapore to NZ, so wouldnt apply to your SIN - SGN route?
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greg23
It looks like elite access to the KrisFlyer Silver lounge is only available when flying from Singapore to NZ, so wouldn’t apply to your SIN - SGN route?
Indeed, well spotted. It’d need to be the return SIN-AKL mid-Jan 😀
Post updated.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Have been using that one relatively frequently. I have had to wait up to an hour for a shower, but I book 3-5 hour connections anyway (lest I arrived in Europe at the crack of dawn and have to kill a very long first day. It's much better than the old bus station-like lounge. In T3, rather: the T2 one is still crap (not even washrooms).

if you think AKL International gets full, wait till you see the evenings in there

but to answer your question, at the very least you should be able to access the KF Gold lounge next door.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

I could test this in mid-Jan on SIN-AKL, but Id prefer to know in advance.
So bit of an update, myself and my partner were successful accessing the SilverKris lounge when going through SIN on Sunday evening. We were flying on NZ metal in Y, I held Elite and my partner had Elite Partner.

Interesting interaction as I was somewhat expecting my partner to be turned away as technically according to the NZ website Elite Partner doesn't get access and Elite doesn't get to Guest into the SilverKris lounge.

The lounge agent first asked if I was trying to guest my partner or whether she had her own Elite membership. I said she had Elite Partner status with Air NZ. She then scanned both our boarding passes with a mobile app, then asked for our Air NZ Elite membership cards. I saw on her app that she had to specify what NZ membership we were eligible to enter on, and for my partner she explicitly clicked NZ Elite Partner as one of the defined options in the app, then entered her Airpoints number. I saw the screen change green (bit of a blur so couldn't quite see exactly what her app said) but we were both let in.

​​​Others mileage may vary, but it did seem Elite and Elite Partner were both eligible to use SilverKris.
Thai-Kiwi and bonkiebonks like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Originally Posted by BZNZ
So bit of an update, myself and my partner were successful accessing the SilverKris lounge when going through SIN on Sunday evening. We were flying on NZ metal in Y, I held Elite and my partner had Elite Partner..
Awesome! Was this prior to SIN NZ flight or transiting from NZ to somewhere else?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jawnbc
Awesome! Was this prior to SIN NZ flight or transiting from NZ to somewhere else?
This was a SIN-AKL flight on NZ metal and flight number. I didn't get to attempt this on our flight from AKL-SIN-HKT just over a week ago as our inbound flight was delayed arrival meaning as our SIN-HKT segment on SQ had started boarding once we alighted our AKL-SIN flight.
jawnbc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.