Silver Kris T3 access for Elites

Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZGE.... and bronze on every other program
Air New Zealand Response

Kia ora Kiwiox14,

Thank you for your email regarding lounge access in Singapore.
I have passed on your feedback and experience, to our Loyalty team to review with the Singapore Lounge team for future reference, as you are eligible for entry at the time.
Thank you for your email and I wish you all the best.

*** So another instance of Lounge Dragons in Changi keeping the riff raff out****
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:46 am

I haven't looked at the AirNZ page but here is what I know.

I fly SQ and I have Krisflyer Gold (equivalent to Star Alliance Gold).

In Singapore, SilverKris lounges are only for Business Class and above, now that all the lounges are open.
If you flying in any Star Alliance carrier Business class, you can use SilverKris in Singapore.
If you are PPS Club member, you can use SilverKris even if you fly Economy.

However, if you are Star Gold but flying in Economy or Premium Economy in Singapore, then you have to use the Krisflyer Gold lounge.
The above is Singapore.

Now, overseas, I believe all SilverKris lounges are also Star Alliance Gold lounges.
So take for example, SilverKris in London Heathrow. I have used the lounge before even though I was in Economy/Premium Economy.

Hope this is clearer - in Singapore, Star Golds have to use Krisflyer Gold. Overseas, Star Gold can use the SilverKris (Business class section).

All that said the new Krisflyer Gold lounge is pretty neat. Opened in late May 2022. Here is a video.
Ellice likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by robbau
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...nge-Access.pdf

Their info says only J.

Last time I was there I was Elite but flying economy and I was let in. Times may have changed.
When the Krisflyer Gold was being renovated, it was true that for a few months Star Golds were allowed into the SilverKris.
That practice has since stopped since the new Krisflyer Gold is open.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
I haven't looked at the AirNZ page but here is what I know.

I fly SQ and I have Krisflyer Gold (equivalent to Star Alliance Gold).

In Singapore, SilverKris lounges are only for Business Class and above, now that all the lounges are open.
If you flying in any Star Alliance carrier Business class, you can use SilverKris in Singapore.
If you are PPS Club member, you can use SilverKris even if you fly Economy.

However, if you are Star Gold but flying in Economy or Premium Economy in Singapore, then you have to use the Krisflyer Gold lounge.
The above is Singapore.

Now, overseas, I believe all SilverKris lounges are also Star Alliance Gold lounges.
So take for example, SilverKris in London Heathrow. I have used the lounge before even though I was in Economy/Premium Economy.

Hope this is clearer - in Singapore, Star Golds have to use Krisflyer Gold. Overseas, Star Gold can use the SilverKris (Business class section).

All that said the new Krisflyer Gold lounge is pretty neat. Opened in late May 2022. Here is a video.
https://youtu.be/Z6kU74q7KCY
Do read the AirNZ page as through the Joint Venture on SIN-AKL and SIN-CHC they extended access to AirNZ Elites. This is about the special arrangement not *A access.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
When the Krisflyer Gold was being renovated, it was true that for a few months Star Golds were allowed into the SilverKris.
That practice has since stopped since the new Krisflyer Gold is open.
The problem is that the AirNZ documentation states the NZ Gold Elites have access to SKL when flying in Y.

NZ Gold Elite is a​​​​ ​​​tier above *G in NZs AirPoints frequent flyer program. Quite possible for NZ and SQ to have such a bespoke arrangement, provided SQ actually honours it.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The problem is that the AirNZ documentation states the NZ Gold Elites have access to SKL when flying in Y.

NZ Gold Elite is a​​​​ ​​​tier above *G in NZs AirPoints frequent flyer program. Quite possible for NZ and SQ to have such a bespoke arrangement, provided SQ actually honours it.
Indeed, I am ignorant with regard to what bespoke arrangement AirNZ might have with SQ.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:40 am

IF I'm booked on ANZ but flying on SQ metal, does this mean I'm unable to access SKL?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Squeezy
IF I'm booked on ANZ but flying on SQ metal, does this mean I'm unable to access SKL?
More info needed. What class of travel? What status do you have with AirNZ?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
More info needed. What class of travel? What status do you have with AirNZ?
Travelling J, No status with ANZ.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Squeezy
Travelling J, No status with ANZ.
If you're travelling J you can access the SKL
Squeezy likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:42 pm

Anyone else tried to access the SilverKris lounge when flying Y recently? Were you allowed a guest? I (Elite) am flying with my wife (Elite Partner) AKL - SIN - LHR rtn in Y on an NZ ticket. Air NZ partner lounge directory indicates no guests, but has anyone here had any luck? Also assume access is both ways (i.e SIN - LHR on SQ and SIN - AKL on NZ)?

Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by tp52
Anyone else tried to access the SilverKris lounge when flying Y recently? Were you allowed a guest? I (Elite) am flying with my wife (Elite Partner) AKL - SIN - LHR rtn in Y on an NZ ticket. Air NZ partner lounge directory indicates no guests, but has anyone here had any luck? Also assume access is both ways (i.e SIN - LHR on SQ and SIN - AKL on NZ)?

Only to NZ
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star...apore-airlines

Elite members may access the SilverKris Lounge in Singapore when travelling on an Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines flight between Singapore and New Zealand. Please note, no guests are permitted into the SilverKris lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KF Gold lounge not that bad, better than the SATS lounge we used to have to use.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Sep 14, 2022 at 12:34 am
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:06 am

Thanks NZkarit, interesting that link also says Elite Partner can use SilverKris where as the chart I linked would suggest otherwise. In that case I wont need a guest.

Also thanks Thai Kiwi good to know the new gold lounge is better, the old one was not worth going to imo.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
I have requalified as Airpoints Elite after many years *genuflects* In November I'm flying SQ to Europe in Y *shakesfistatgovttravelpolicy*

Is the word between correct here--as in, any Gold Elite in Y class flying to-or-from NZ on SQ or NZ metal can access the Silver Krys lounge? As in, after I arrive in Changi from my AKL flight (and therefore before my connecting flight to Germany)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.