Silver Kris T3 access for Elites

Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
success

Fly back from Europe on SQ yesterday. Ticket was SQ stock and both flights on SQ metal. I went to the Silver Kris and my boarding pass buzzed reject. But I presented my Gold Elite card, and I noticed she could tick that button on her device and she was all "welcome".

While the new Gold lounge is an improvement, it doesn't have anywhere the number of shower suites as the Silver Kris. So intead of waiting an hour for a shower, I waited perhaps 10 minutes (between 07h-08h).
bonkiebonks likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:21 am

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Platinum
Just adding a data point.

Travelling alone and flying Y from KL through SIN on NZ ticket. Arrived at SilverKris lounge to have the barcode on my boarding pass fail. I showed my AirNZ Elite card using the AirNZ app and was welcomed straight in.
Thai-Kiwi and jawnbc like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
I rang Air NZ this morning to clarify the lounge entitlements at SIN for my Elite Partner travelling with another person who has no status.
They are travelling on SQ ticket stock & NZ operated flight from SIN - AKL in Y.
She put me on hold for a few minutes to speak with a supervisor and advised that the EP will be able to access the SilverKris lounge (which I already knew) AND can guest the other traveller with no status and said that the website info is not "entirely accurate" and assured that EP + 1 guest will be able to access SKL even when travelling in Y. This was news to me as the website clearly states no guest access into SKL.
Will find out what happens on the day from EP.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gambda
I rang Air NZ this morning to clarify the lounge entitlements at SIN for my Elite Partner travelling with another person who has no status.
They are travelling on SQ ticket stock & NZ operated flight from SIN - AKL in Y.
She put me on hold for a few minutes to speak with a supervisor and advised that the EP will be able to access the SilverKris lounge (which I already knew) AND can guest the other traveller with no status and said that the website info is not "entirely accurate" and assured that EP + 1 guest will be able to access SKL even when travelling in Y. This was news to me as the website clearly states no guest access into SKL.
Will find out what happens on the day from EP.
Elite Partner in Y allowed in Silver Kris lounge ?! I'd be gobsmacked if this is the case (but if true solves my family lounge harmony issue in Jan).

That is is way above what AirNZ's website says is the 'entitlement' - which notes that EP can access SATS Lounge only (with 1 guest). Have a read here: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory

I had read here that Elites in Y were having trouble accessing the Silver Kris lounge.

Please do report, but I think you have been provided inaccurate advice......
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:57 pm

It mentions on the Singapore Airlines page that EP gets SilverKris access:
Elite Partners may use the SilverKris lounge in Singapore when travelling on an Air New Zealand operated flight or a Singapore Airlines operated flight with an Air New Zealand flight number between Singapore and New Zealand. Please note, no guests are permitted into the SilverKris lounge.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star...apore-airlines
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtv4
It mentions on the Singapore Airlines page that EP gets SilverKris access:

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star...apore-airlines
Very happy that is the case.

Which is different to what the AirNZ partner lounge access page I linked, which states:

Business
SilverKris lounge No guests

Gold Elite
SilverKris lounge
No guests (When flying Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines operated flights between New Zealand and Singapore. For other flights please access the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge.)

Gold members
KrisFlyer Gold lounge
1 guest

Elite Partner / Koru
SATS lounge
1 guest
(Air New Zealand operated flights only)
Old Dec 18, 2023, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying SIN-SGN on an NZ codeshare (SQ metal) with wife and adult son in a week or so. I'm GE and they are both EP.

I'd usually give getting access a go despite not meeting the criterion of being AKL-SIN or vv. However Mrs TK doesn't like a fuss at the lounge entrance so we may just go to the KrisFlyer Gold lounge next door first, and then I'll enquire....
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:01 pm

Thanks. I have emailed the Elite team to confirm the lounge access situation for EP's at SIN. They (elderly parents) have a 12 hour transit at SIN so a lounge would come in handy especially if they can both access SKL and use the nap rooms at the back, use showers despite the wait times. If not, might book the transit hotel for them.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:04 pm

Got the below response...clear as mud. Upon careful review of the link in their response & the Partner Lounge page, I believe EP's can only access partner lounge SATS or SKL if the flights are ticketed and operated by NZ. That's my interpretation anyway. I will still ask my parents to try their luck on the day and see what happens.

Kia ora,

Thank you for reaching out to us about Elite Partner lounge access at Singapore.

Elite Partner isn't a Star Alliance status or frequent flyer tier, but a nominated benefit from Air New Zealand. In order to access the Singapore SATS lounge, the one Elite Partners may be eligible for, their travel must be on an Air New Zealand flight number as advised
here.

For a booking made with Singapore Airlines and so issued on their ticket, they assign their codeshare SQ flight number rather than ours.

I trust the above has clarified your inquiry.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gambda
Got the below response...clear as mud. Upon careful review of the link in their response & the Partner Lounge page, I believe EP's can only access partner lounge SATS or SKL if the flights are ticketed and operated by NZ. That's my interpretation anyway. I will still ask my parents to try their luck on the day and see what happens.

Kia ora,

Thank you for reaching out to us about Elite Partner lounge access at Singapore.

Elite Partner isn't a Star Alliance status or frequent flyer tier, but a nominated benefit from Air New Zealand. In order to access the Singapore SATS lounge, the one Elite Partners may be eligible for, their travel must be on an Air New Zealand flight number as advised
here.

For a booking made with Singapore Airlines and so issued on their ticket, they assign their codeshare SQ flight number rather than ours.

I trust the above has clarified your inquiry.
As suspected unfortunately, but the conflict between AirNZ webpage information remains unresolved... although very likely to be just SATS for EPs.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:42 pm

and then after all that there is still a chance that an uninformed lounge dragon at SATS might still decline you
Old Dec 18, 2023, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raznz
and then after all that there is still a chance that an uninformed lounge dragon at SATS might still decline you
A printed copy of NZ's access rules is in the backpack. But I'll just drop Mrs TK in KF Gold as a *G guest, and do the same elsewhere for adult son. Either in SATS (which is also a *G lounge IIRC) or KF Gold in T2.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
My partner had no issues accessing SilverKris in Y as an Elite Partner (my original post was further up this thread).
​​
Thai-Kiwi and MrLovebucket like this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BZNZ
My partner had no issues accessing SilverKris in Y as an Elite Partner (my original post was further up this thread).
​​
Thanks, we'll give it a go even though we are SIN-SGN, and not SIN-AKL. Staff may not have that degree of granularity on their checking tablet.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reporting back on my own post above.

Tried accessing the T2 SilverKris Lounge - flying SIN-SGN in Y (1x GE, 2xEP). Staff politely noted this was possibly only SIN-AKL and directed us to the adjacent KrisFlyer Gold lounge. This is what I anticipated.

No issues all 3 of us accessing the KrisFlyer Gold lounge. Which I was a little surprised since as a *G I can only have 1 guest. I did note to staff I was *G (and NZ Elite) and the other 2 were Elite <mumble>.

I managed a decent peek at her scanning device, and her process. She scanned the barcode, then looked at the Airpoints Tiers showing, from which she selected one of the following (best recollection):

Airpoints Gold (Resident)
Airpoints Gold (non-Resident)
Airpoints Elite Partner (Resident)
Airpoints Elite Partner (non-Resident)
Airpoints Elite (Resident)
Airpoints Elite (non-Resident)

The distinction between Resident and non-Resident is mildly interesting, but not important.
Ellice, gambda and raznz like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.