Silver Kris T3 access for Elites

Old Dec 27, 2023, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Reporting back on my own post above.

Tried accessing the T2 SilverKris Lounge - flying SIN-SGN in Y (1x GE, 2xEP). Staff politely noted this was possibly only SIN-AKL and directed us to the adjacent KrisFlyer Gold lounge. This is what I anticipated.

No issues all 3 of us accessing the KrisFlyer Gold lounge. Which I was a little surprised since as a *G I can only have 1 guest. I did note to staff I was *G (and NZ Elite) and the other 2 were Elite <mumble>.

I managed a decent peek at her scanning device, and her process. She scanned the barcode, then looked at the Airpoints Tiers showing, from which she selected one of the following (best recollection):

Airpoints Gold (Resident)
Airpoints Gold (non-Resident)
Airpoints Elite Partner (Resident)
Airpoints Elite Partner (non-Resident)
Airpoints Elite (Resident)
Airpoints Elite (non-Resident)

The distinction between Resident and non-Resident is mildly interesting, but not important.
Most probably something like GST or something not charged to non resident or something. Or some tax thing.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
In transit BKK-SIN-AKL and tried access to the T3 SKL per reports here.

Three people: 1x Gold Elite (me), and 2x Elite Partner (Mrs TK and adult son).

Went to the single male attendant in the centre as the main desk had all 3 staff dealing with another person. he examined all 3 BPs, then scanned mine and said all good, but frowned when scanning the 2 Elite Partner BPs.

I explained they were Elite Partners, and that previously his scanner required staff to make a selection from a list of AirNZ status options. Interestingly his scanner didnt seem to offer this functionality.

He and I moved to the ground if 3 female staff, and he explained that he considered the 2 Elite Partners would need to go to KF Gold Lounge, however the senior female said to all ( and me hovering close) that Elite Parters are allowed in. After a brief really? Is is so? and yah yah the 2 Elite Partners we waved over & had BPs scanned, and were warmly welcomed in.

I never saw the AirNZ specific menu listing Elite Partners on the scanning device that that was previously described upthread and that I saw on 27 Dec.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:30 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
In transit BKK-SIN-AKL and tried access to the T3 SKL per reports here.

Three people: 1x Gold Elite (me), and 2x Elite Partner (Mrs TK and adult son).

Went to the single male attendant in the centre as the main desk had all 3 staff dealing with another person. he examined all 3 BPs, then scanned mine and said all good, but frowned when scanning the 2 Elite Partner BPs.

I explained they were Elite Partners, and that previously his scanner required staff to make a selection from a list of AirNZ status options. Interestingly his scanner didnt seem to offer this functionality.

He and I moved to the ground if 3 female staff, and he explained that he considered the 2 Elite Partners would need to go to KF Gold Lounge, however the senior female said to all ( and me hovering close) that Elite Parters are allowed in. After a brief really? Is is so? and yah yah the 2 Elite Partners we waved over & had BPs scanned, and were warmly welcomed in.

I never saw the AirNZ specific menu listing Elite Partners on the scanning device that that was previously described upthread and that I saw on 27 Dec.
Nicely done TK
Per your previous comments of Mrs TK not liking a fuss, could you feel daggers being sent your way or was it pretty calm 😉
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taupo
Nicely done TK
Per your previous comments of Mrs TK not liking a fuss, could you feel daggers being sent your way or was it pretty calm 😉
LOL, no fuss mainly relates to ensuring avoiding any hassles trying to scab our way into the wrong lounge, fail and have to trudge back to the SATS Lounge 😀

We had already sorted out that Id accept moving forward if I cleared and they didnt. I knew not to argue this point!
WLG Base likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:30 am

Programs: NZ*GE, Accor Diamond
Travelling with wife and 2yo through Singapore next week on Singapore air, with air NZ ticket and flight number.

I'm NZ elite and wife has elite partner. I'm guessing we won't be able to use silver kris lounge as a 2yo would count as a guest.

Does anyone know if elite partner can access Kris flyer gold lounge? Alternatively we both have priority pass. Any suggestions for lounges?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by delayedflight
Travelling with wife and 2yo through Singapore next week on Singapore air, with air NZ ticket and flight number.

I'm NZ elite and wife has elite partner. I'm guessing we won't be able to use silver kris lounge as a 2yo would count as a guest.

Does anyone know if elite partner can access Kris flyer gold lounge? Alternatively we both have priority pass. Any suggestions for lounges?
When we flew SIN-SGN last month we had no problem accessing the T1 KrisFlyer Gold Lounge. Me as Elite and 2 others both Elite Partner.

SQ staff treated the EPs as Golds it seems.

If you are flying between AKL and SIN then you all should gain access to Silver Kris Lounge. But I am not sure how SQ will treat the 2 year old. (free or as a guest)
Old Jan 22, 2024, 1:55 am

SIN to CHC or AKL? Or somewhere else? As to NZ get more access than elsewhere due to the joint venture.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:22 am

Elite and EP should be able to get into Silverkris lounge, but no guest allowed. I'd still try your luck though for your 2yo.

if you want sure fire, the Krisflyer Gold lounge is also accessible with guest access.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: NZ*GE, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by nzkarit
SIN to CHC or AKL? Or somewhere else? As to NZ get more access than elsewhere due to the joint venture.
Two flights, one SIN to BKK and then SIN to CHC on the return leg. Both are NZ ticketed and have NZ flight numbers.
​​​​​​For silverkris lounge though I'm thinking pre the SIN to CHC leg due to the codeshare on that route. Probably worth just giving silverkris lounge a go and heading to krisflyer if it's a no with a 2yo.
​​​​
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two flights, one SIN to BKK and then SIN to CHC on the return leg. Both are NZ ticketed and have NZ flight numbers.
​​​​​​For silverkris lounge though I'm thinking pre the SIN to CHC leg due to the codeshare on that route. Probably worth just giving silverkris lounge a go and heading to krisflyer if it's a no with a 2yo.
​​​​
Yep:

- SIN-BKK KrisFlyer Gold
- SIN-CHC Silver Kris with the 2yo 🤞
(with KF Gold as back-up if they get fussy)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.