Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

New Elite Airpoints Dollars upgrade rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Elite Airpoints Dollars upgrade rates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by tknz
The rates are so steep now that oneup might have a strong chance of being successful cheaper. I would suspect a $900 oneup bid might be quite strong but given that would actually only cost $600 airpoints or $ to an elite it might be worth a shot on my next Chicago / Houston.
I bet when the Airpoints team hiked the rates, they did not even think that!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
They've increased the OneUp rates to match - at least on the flight I checked. I promised a good friend I'd put in an upgrade for them as they've never flown anything other than Y. Their work didn't book the tickets till after 10 Feb so got stung forking out 350APD instead of 220APD for LAX-LHR. Minimum OneUp is now $350.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
The silver lining is that it probably means that there are a lot less people putting in upgrades now, which means when we do put in upgrades, they are more likely to go through.
Beano likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
The silver lining is that it probably means that there are a lot less people putting in upgrades now, which means when we do put in upgrades, they are more likely to go through.
If the Coronavirus issues continue there will likely be a marked reduction in Elites anyway.
Fliar, poopbunny and Beano like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.