Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Final Check In time

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by NZSportsTech
Wan1dap your input is not required on this matter.
Ha! Another one who has no intelligent reponse.
Old May 7, 2013, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Who cares what you think. Air NZ have come to the party and refunding. And that's all that matters. Take your so called 'intelligent' responses somewhere else. They are no longer welcome on this thread
Old May 7, 2013, 2:44 pm

I think you lot have been very mean to Wan1dap ( One wind up??).
he has a valid point, we must all make sure we arrange our travel to suit NZ. And speaking of to suit NZ, Seats to Suit -started April 2010. Lots of feedback and then in Sept 2010 one wind up appears. Defending NZ (as is his right of course).
Has this conversation finally outed one wind up as an NZ stooge, just like the others but he has done it for years. If son he needs congratulating for keeping deep cover for so long or whoever is doing the thread at the moment has messed up big time.

PS Good to see he is a HVC with NZ, what is he GE or ....
Old May 7, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
I flew from TRG to WLG the other day. I left Whakatane on time, but roadworks and traffic severely delayed me. I arrived at the airport 20minutes before departure, with two bags to check in. It clearly states on the website and on E Tickets, that final bag drop time is 30 minutes before departure and with Carry on, 20 minutes before departure.

Inside the terminal the Check In staff told me that it was too late, check in was closed. However, They saw from my booking I was Gold Airpoints and immediately they became understanding and checked me in.

This morning my grandparents turned up at PMR airport to fly up to AKL. They live at Foxton and arrived at the airport 15 minutes before departure with carry on luggage only. The check in staff said check in was closed. They are only Jade APs. Boarding for their flight had not even commenced, yet they were not aloud to check in. They had to fork out an extra $360 each for the next flight. Has any one else had a similar experience?
The one thing I want to know is did airnz not let them board the flight because they were late or because they had sold their tickets to someone else. havent standby fares been ditched now?. If the AirNZ rep simply didnt let them fly, then that is apalling. I'm glad you've taken them to task. Of course, next time, your grandparents will leave home a lot earlier!
Old May 7, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Susiew237
The one thing I want to know is did airnz not let them board the flight because they were late or because they had sold their tickets to someone else. havent standby fares been ditched now?. If the AirNZ rep simply didnt let them fly, then that is apalling. I'm glad you've taken them to task. Of course, next time, your grandparents will leave home a lot earlier!
They were not late, it was an issue between Air NZ and thier gate staff. You raise an interesting point. Standby fares were only dropped on Sunday (??). I am unsure. and yes, the Grandparents plan to arrive at the airport a bit earlier next time, just in case. They are usually pretty good, tending to want to be at the airport very early just in case. Just happened that this time they had a bad trip into town and there was a issue at check in. They are very happy though that Air NZ are refunding their money :-)
Old May 8, 2013, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
They were not late, it was an issue between Air NZ and thier gate staff. You raise an interesting point. Standby fares were only dropped on Sunday (??). I am unsure. and yes, the Grandparents plan to arrive at the airport a bit earlier next time, just in case. They are usually pretty good, tending to want to be at the airport very early just in case. Just happened that this time they had a bad trip into town and there was a issue at check in. They are very happy though that Air NZ are refunding their money :-)
@:-) the penny's finally dropped.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:30 am
Original Poster

@:-) the penny's finally dropped.
What is your issue exactly. So what if my Grandparents want to arrive at the airport earlier next time, that decision definitely wasn't decided on account of your so called 'Intellegent Responses' on this thread. I have never missed a flight. 4per month for the last 8years. Pretty good average, 100%/100%. I don't need your Travel Planning advice. But who knows if I ever miss a flight, ill contact you and ask you to lecture me with your 'intellegent responses' on travel planning... In the end, the overall issue is sorted, Air NZ did the right thing and apologized for their wrong doing, and refunded. The Gate staff at PMR airport might have learnt something they didn't realise. My Grandparents learnt that checking in is still possible at the gate 15mins before departure.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:46 am
Suspended

What is your issue exactly. So what if my Grandparents want to arrive at the airport earlier next time, that decision definitely wasn't decided on account of your so called 'Intellegent Responses' on this thread. I have never missed a flight. 4per month for the last 8years. Pretty good average, 100%/100%. I don't need your Travel Planning advice. But who knows if I ever miss a flight, ill contact you and ask you to lecture me with your 'intellegent responses' on travel planning... In the end, the overall issue is sorted, Air NZ did the right thing and apologized for their wrong doing, and refunded. The Gate staff at PMR airport might have learnt something they didn't realise. My Grandparents learnt that checking in is still possible at the gate 15mins before departure.
Happy to be proved wrong - some people have learnt something from all this after all. That's good. Oh, it's spelt "intelligent", for future reference.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
is it time we put this thread to bed now? its turned into a schoolgirls hair pulling exercise.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We actually have some standards for conduct on this BBS, which members are expected to follow in return for being granted membership privileges.

Personal Attacks - link to this guideline
We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with another member, challenge the opinion or idea - not the person. Personal attacks, insults and "flaming" will not be tolerated and will be removed, and the violator will be subject to disciplinary action. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Attacks against groups or classes of job holders (such as Transportation Security Administration employees) will not be tolerated.

Do not retaliate or respond to a personal attack. Too often, when an initial attack is made, others join the fray and, instead of becoming part of the solution, become part of the problem. Do not accuse others of being trolls. Should there be members whose posts you don't care to read, you can put them on your ignore list. To do that, click on MyFlyerTalk and then on Edit Ignore List in the Settings & Options section on the left-hand side of the page. Enter the name of a FlyerTalk member in the Add a Member to Your List field. Click the Okay button, then click the Save Changes button.

If you feel that you are being attacked or harassed, contact a moderator.
Since some members seem to have missed this bit, and the thread has reached a conclusion, it will now rest.

JDiver
senior moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.