Wiki Posts
Search

Final Check In time

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints SILVER, KC
Originally Posted by Markhm
Mate, the other bloke is a clown! I wouldnt take him seriously. I think you had a valid case and hope you win your case. Wan1dap ...get your hand off it ( sorry flyergirl)
Thanks Markhm. Air NZ have been very pleasant and apologetic in corospondence with the issue. Fingers crossed!! :-)
Old May 6, 2013, 4:03 am

Hahahaha I obviously have nothing to do tonight as I wasted a minute looking at Wan1daps post history. Most had a negative and aggressive tone and went out to dismiss other people's issues by belittling and blaming them
People who display this online are generally passive aggressive individuals in there real world relations. They feel that they have been wronged in some way during the developmental years of life and for whatever reason still hold those feelings as a core part of how they relate to the world and see there place in it today.

Or in other words Mummy Issues
Old May 6, 2013, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by Waipara_Sam
Hahahaha I obviously have nothing to do tonight as I wasted a minute looking at Wan1daps post history. Most had a negative and aggressive tone and went out to dismiss other people's issues by belittling and blaming them
People who display this online are generally passive aggressive individuals in there real world relations. They feel that they have been wronged in some way during the developmental years of life and for whatever reason still hold those feelings as a core part of how they relate to the world and see there place in it today.

Or in other words Mummy Issues
And another good debate turns personal. The last resort of people who run out of steam. I note nobody has countered my recommendation with any sensible points, preferring to focus on personal attacks in an un-FT way.

I have no doubt NZ will feel compelled to cough up some recompense in this case which means we all as shareholders have to bear the cost. A brilliant "win" for the OP, which could have been avoided completely. I'm sure there'll be backslapping all round when the "success" is posted here, and nobody will have learnt anything.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:28 am

Your right its a shame the airline acted in this way thus resulting in the need to pay out compensation to an elderly couple. If only a bit of flexibility was showen to our senior citizens to start with this would have never happened.
At least in the end the airline got it wright. As for me if I end up paying an extra few cents so that in the future that check in agent will use her brain and help an old couple out and do the right thing, well that's fine by me.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by Waipara_Sam
Your right its a shame the airline acted in this way thus resulting in the need to pay out compensation to an elderly couple. If only a bit of flexibility was showen to our senior citizens to start with this would have never happened.
At least in the end the airline got it wright. As for me if I end up paying an extra few cents so that in the future that check in agent will use her brain and help an old couple out and do the right thing, well that's fine by me.
I'm guessing your obtuse response was deliberate. Of course my response has to be that if they had planned better this would never have happened. The concept of fixing the root cause not the symptom appears foreign to most here.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
I'm guessing your obtuse response was deliberate. Of course my response has to be that if they had planned better this would never have happened. The concept of fixing the root cause not the symptom appears foreign to most here.
The cause of the problem was not my grandparents being late, it was Air NZs inability to show them another way of checking in. Yes they missed checking in at the Kiosk, but checking in at the gate was still an option available to them, which Air NZ forgot about. If Air NZ didn't want people to check in via this method, they would discontinue it. yes, my grandparents were late, but Air NZ have admitted fault and working hard to rectify the issue. What are you going to do? Take this case to the media? Shout about how stupid it is? Get a life mate! Im gonna give my grandparents a ring. Ill tell them that ive found someone to tell them how to live their lives
Old May 6, 2013, 2:03 pm

Wan1dap your input is not required on this matter.
Old May 6, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
And another good debate turns personal. The last resort of people who run out of steam. I note nobody has countered my recommendation with any sensible points, preferring to focus on personal attacks in an un-FT way.

I have no doubt NZ will feel compelled to cough up some recompense in this case which means we all as shareholders have to bear the cost. A brilliant "win" for the OP, which could have been avoided completely. I'm sure there'll be backslapping all round when the "success" is posted here, and nobody will have learnt anything.
This is not about a personal attack, it is about you being wrong.

The issue is that you are very self righteously blaming the OP's parents for a mistake by the airline's staff, yet ignoring the facts as explained by the OP.

His parents arrived at the airport within the minimum check in time for carry on pax which is 15 minutes before departure. (see my post above)

Therefore, assuming the OP is correct that they were there 17 minutes before the scheduled departure, you are simply wrong in your assertion that they were late.

And, it is frankly none of your concern or business how the OP, his parents, or anyone else choose to make their travel arrangements to the airport. if they arrive on time, the airline should check them in and compensation would seem to be appropriate if they don't.

I personally like to arrive at the airport with ample time, my wife on the other hand prefers to leave it as late as possible and cut it close. She has so far never missed a flight because of this or held up a flight inconveniencing other passengers.

I suggest you focus on your own "travel planning" which seems to be something that concerns you greatly, rather than worry about other people's arrangements.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
This is not about a personal attack, it is about you being wrong.

The issue is that you are very self righteously blaming the OP's parents for a mistake by the airline's staff, yet ignoring the facts as explained by the OP.

His parents arrived at the airport within the minimum check in time for carry on pax which is 15 minutes before departure. (see my post above)

Therefore, assuming the OP is correct that they were there 17 minutes before the scheduled departure, you are simply wrong in your assertion that they were late.

And, it is frankly none of your concern or business how the OP, his parents, or anyone else choose to make their travel arrangements to the airport. if they arrive on time, the airline should check them in and compensation would seem to be appropriate if they don't.

I personally like to arrive at the airport with ample time, my wife on the other hand prefers to leave it as late as possible and cut it close. She has so far never missed a flight because of this or held up a flight inconveniencing other passengers.

I suggest you focus on your own "travel planning" which seems to be something that concerns you greatly, rather than worry about other people's arrangements.
The exact opposite to my wife and I.

I hate spending any more time than I really have to in the airport so always leave it as late as possible, my theory is I spend far too much time in airports as it is without spending more than I have to.

I've cut it very fine a couple of times, purely unintentional but I found myself at home in Christchurch at 815 when I had a flight to Nelson at 0845, thankfully I lived 6 or 7 minutes from the airport but as many of you will know it can be a hike from the car park to the terminal. I still made it though.

The only time I ever missed a flight was getting the flight time mixed up for a flight from Auckland to Christchurch, had it in my head it was 1900 but got to the Airport to see there's an 1830 and a 1930, you guessed it, I was on the 1830 and got to check in at 1820 with bags to check in.

As for the wife, she'd have us there 2 hours before for a domestic flight, she doesn't like unnecessary stress,
Old May 6, 2013, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

It sounds like Air New Zealand are going to come to the party and offer a full refund and a bit of compensation for the added stress. Not sure what the compensation will be, to be confirmed! Grandparents are very happy. Air NZ have again apologized for the issue and are investigating the matter further to ensure this shouldn't happen again.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by FullyIntoNewZealand
It sounds like Air New Zealand are going to come to the party and offer a full refund and a bit of compensation for the added stress. Not sure what the compensation will be, to be confirmed! Grandparents are very happy. Air NZ have again apologized for the issue and are investigating the matter further to ensure this shouldn't happen again.
Nice outcome. Nice to see common sense prevail and all parties happy.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Good to see a good outcome for all.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:22 am
Original Poster

I had a feeling they would come to the party. In my dealings with NZ, they have always done the right thing. I remember flying into Wanganui one day. I collected my bags from the Self Claim to find it was sodden. All my clothes and books wet through. I wasn't angry at Air NZ, as they cant help the weather. The clothes and books dried out and there really was no issue. I left some feedback however, just to let them know what had happened. I wasn't making a complaint, but Air NZ came back and deposited 50APs into my account. def not complaining!! :-):-)
Old May 7, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
Final Check In time

Wan1dap will be having palpitations..
Old May 7, 2013, 4:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdh80
Wan1dap will be having palpitations..
See post #48.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.