Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by drajknox
Presumably some of these seats can be sold as various classes - availability is ?4business and 7economy?
Appears to be 4 business and 7 premium economy.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:01 pm

So I have boarded now in Economy. OneUp still showing that it has been lodged online. Is this normal? Didn't get an email saying it's been rejected or anything.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
NZ105
AKL-SYD 2 APR
Y (seat only) -PE
$100 NZD + gold uplift accepted 8 hours out
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:56 am

OK. So I still have no news from Air NZ about my OneUp. It was lodged with plenty of time. I got an email confirming it had been lodged, then heard nothing more. Immediately before boarding I checked the website and the upgrade was still pending. I boarded with no upgrade at the gate.

Is this the normal experience? You don't get told if you are not getting upgraded? Seems very counterintuitive. I was somewhat pissed because I would've upgraded to a fare that included a meal had I have known in advance that I was not getting upgraded. In fairness, the ISM was very accommodating but still doesn't make up for the lack of communication.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
At T -72 you get an automated email saying it's rejected or one saying it can't be cleared now and will be looked at up until the gate.

This is the process everybody has posted about on here along with everybody I know who's ever lodged a OneUp.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:09 pm

NZ1
LAX-AKL 16 APR
Y - PE Space Seat x 2
$280 USD per seat accepted 5 days out
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
At T -72 you get an automated email saying it's rejected or one saying it can't be cleared now and will be looked at up until the gate.

This is the process everybody has posted about on here along with everybody I know who's ever lodged a OneUp.
Should I expect the same process for an Airpoints upgrade?

Requested 6 weeks ahead of flight, no emails beforehand. At check-in was told flight heavily booked and probably needed a no show or two. Nothing at the gate. No big deal.
six hours after the flight, SP and AP are credited but website says upgrade still pending and no refund of AP$.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
NZ46
AKL-RAR 17 APR
Y - PE x2 (from seat + bag)
$125 NZD per seat declined 2 hours out
NZ Gold

Last edited by jawnbc; Apr 25, 2017 at 1:48 am Reason: forgot a detail
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
NZ45
RAR- AKL24 APR
Y - PE x2 (from seat + bag)
$125 NZD per seat accepted 7 hours out
NZ Gold

Last edited by jawnbc; Apr 25, 2017 at 1:48 am Reason: forgot a detail
Old May 1, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights
NZ2
LAX-LHR 02MAY
PE-BP
$605 USD
Email to T- 9-7 hours
Old May 2, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights
NZ 2
LAX-LHR
02May17
bid: $605
"unavailable" at T-7 yet 7 seats still open.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: airnz gold
you hear nothing

I have applied several times as a airnz gold for an upgrade and never hear back, when I ask at check in I am told with a grin, looks like you were unsuccessful...not sure why it's so funny and they don't treat clients better.
Last flight tho I checked in and handed my tickets...Not a word said but thought ,hang on 4a.. Inhad been upgraded but not told at all...odd system
Old May 3, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by macfod
I have applied several times as a airnz gold for an upgrade and never hear back, when I ask at check in I am told with a grin, looks like you were unsuccessful...not sure why it's so funny and they don't treat clients better.
Last flight tho I checked in and handed my tickets...Not a word said but thought ,hang on 4a.. Inhad been upgraded but not told at all...odd system
I'd suggest you check your email address in your account or spam folder because emails are sent after the OneUp is lodged and at T-72 automatically if it's declined, or at T-72 if it's waiting for possible clearance at the gate.

If you're not getting these it's not the fault or Air NZ.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'd suggest you check your email address in your account or spam folder because emails are sent after the OneUp is lodged and at T-72 automatically if it's declined, or at T-72 if it's waiting for possible clearance at the gate.

If you're not getting these it's not the fault or Air NZ.
I also often don't seem to receive notifications about recognition upgrades - I get the email when I lodge them yet don't receive email when successful and see on app but no email. Similarly no email when unsuccessful. With oneups I always seem to get email both when lodged and during process. I've whitelisted AirNZ domains and so don't believe treated as spam.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by drajknox
I also often don't seem to receive notifications about recognition upgrades - I get the email when I lodge them yet don't receive email when successful and see on app but no email. Similarly no email when unsuccessful. With oneups I always seem to get email both when lodged and during process. I've whitelisted AirNZ domains and so don't believe treated as spam.
Air NZ don't send emails when an RU clears (or doesn't clear) - as the vast majority clear at the airport they no doubt see very little need for this.

I am making the assumption of course that macmod is talking about a OneUP rather than RU since this thread is about OneUp's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.