Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
URL to information: https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/news/coronavirus-updates

Update 16/4/20

At this stage measurements which have been taken are for status maintain only. We are well aware that customers can also be impacted by less chance for an upgrade and/or reduced opportunities to carry over XP to the next year. We are constantly monitoring the evolution of the situation and are adjusting our policies accordingly. Should there be additional measures to compensate those impacts too, we will let our Flying Blue members know as soon as possible.
Update 15/4/20

In challenging times like today, travelling has become more difficult due to reasons beyond your control. In these trying times, we want to remove any uncertainty you may have about your Flying Blue Elite level.

We have put the following actions in place:

- We will maintain all Flying Blue Elite members with a qualification period ending between March 2020 and February 2021 for another 12 months.
- We will prevent all Miles from expiring between now and the end of 2020 for all our Explorer members.
From the Q&A that will be shared later today:

2. Will I keep my current level in my next qualification period?
In case your qualification period ends between March 2020 and February 2021, you will keep your current level even if you don’t reach the XP objective. Some examples:

A Silver member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
· If you have gained 120 XP, your counter will be offset by 100 XP to maintain Silver and you keep a surplus of 20 XP.
· If you have gained 65 XP, we will credit the missing 35 XP and then offset your counter with 100 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Silver level.

A Gold member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
· If you have gained 220 XP, your counter will be offset by 180 XP to maintain Gold and you keep a surplus of 40 XP.
· If you have gained 120 XP, we will credit the missing 60 XP and then offset your counter with 180 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Gold level.

A Platinum member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
· If you have gained 450 XP, your counter will be offset by 300 XP to maintain Platinum and you keep a surplus of 150 XP.
· If you have gained 250 XP, we will credit the missing 50 XP and then offset your counter with 300 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Platinum level.

3. When will I see this XP measure in my online account?
Not until the first day in your new qualification period will you see in your online account that your current level is maintained. In your activity overview, you’ll find either ‘XP offered by Flying Blue’ with the number of XP that are credited to reach the XP objective, or ‘Counter offset’ with the XP objective deducted from your counter. A new card will be sent to you before your current card expires. The validity date of your digital card will be updated at the end of your current qualification period.

4. I want to upgrade to a higher level. Will I also be compensated?
Our measures enable Elite members to maintain their current level. It is not applicable for members who wish to upgrade to a higher level.

5. Will I keep my current XP balance in my next qualification period?
We will automatically offset the number of XP needed to maintain or upgrade a level. Any surplus XP will remain on your account. Some examples:

A Silver member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
· If you have gained 120 XP, your counter will be offset by 100 XP to maintain Silver and you keep a surplus of 20 XP.
· If you have gained 65 XP, we will credit the missing 35 XP and then offset your counter with 100 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Silver level.

A Gold member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
· If you have gained 220 XP, your counter will be offset by 180 XP to maintain Gold and you keep a surplus of 40 XP.
· If you have gained 120 XP, we will credit the missing 60 XP and then offset your counter with 180 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Gold level.

A Platinum member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
· If you have gained 450 XP, your counter will be offset by 300 XP to maintain Platinum and you keep a surplus of 150 XP.
· If you have gained 250 XP, we will credit the missing 50 XP and then offset your counter with 300 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Platinum level.

6. What will happen to my years counting towards Platinum for life?
If you keep your current level during your next qualification period based on our special measures that membership year will count towards the 10 consecutive years needed to qualify for Platinum for life. For example:

· You have been a Platinum member for 9 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2020. Because of our measures, you will be maintained and reach 10 consecutive years of Platinum. On 1 January 2021, your new qualificaiton period starts and on 1 April 2021, we will change your level to Platinum for life.
· You have been a Platinum member for 7 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2020. Because of our measures, you will be maintained. On 1 January 2021, your 8th consecutive year of Platinum will start.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19: status extensions confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Ultimate Platinum extra 900 UXP in qualification?

Hi to all experts,
with all the discussion about fair/not fair I missed to find one (for me) relevant question:

Qualification for Ultimate Platinum Status:
I will end this year with approx 1400 UXP points.
And understood that already qualified members receive a 900 UXP "help".

So what's with those who want to qualify, do they receive this same help, too?
--> does anyone of you have information? I did not find it...

Thanks to all :-)
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Chicago0504
Hi to all experts,
with all the discussion about fair/not fair I missed to find one (for me) relevant question:

My understanding is that all Ultimate members would receive 900 UXP to their account in June 2020. Check your account, you should have received that credit as well. Unless your 1,400 UXP already include those 900 UXP? Or is this 1,400 UXP collected in 2019 and 2020 together?

In any case, it doesn't matter if you overshoot the target of 1,800 UXP, as there is no carryover of UXP.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi to all experts,

there will be nothing in this case, AFAIK. The aim of all those measures is to maintain existing status, not to gain an upper status.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:28 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
there will be nothing in this case, AFAIK. The aim of all those measures is to maintain existing status, not to gain an upper status.
well, there is this double XP promo which in my view is a very good offer to help people also reach a higher status in the remainder of the year.
irishguy28 and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by siw
Which of my years status is given for free?
If you read what I wrote, it said your solution would be to give everyone a year's extra status for free.

At the time of writing, I did not deny that you were not getting a year's status for free. But that is not at all how I characterised the previous strategy. Instead, the previous strategy was preventing anyone from dropping in status.

of course, this discussion is now moot, as you get an extra year for free - the year you are currently midway through - as you will start your next membership year with an XP balance that is at least the same as it was at the start of this year - unless you managed to accumulate more than 300XP this year.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 6:49 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you read what I wrote, it said your solution would be to give everyone a year's extra status for free.

At the time of writing, I did not deny that you were not getting a year's status for free. But that is not at all how I characterised the previous strategy. Instead, the previous strategy was preventing anyone from dropping in status.

of course, this discussion is now moot, as you get an extra year for free - the year you are currently midway through - as you will start your next membership year with an XP balance that is at least the same as it was at the start of this year - unless you managed to accumulate more than 300XP this year.
I made that comment on 1st Aug (post #417 ) and the FB policy was changed a few days ago with the Surplus XP Support. I will be getting the surplus balance from 1st Jan 2020 reinstated to 1st Jan 2021: i.e. FB will deduct the 300XP Platinum counter offset and then top-up with 249XP in my case so I start 2021 with 632XP again. All my flights in 2020 (past and future) are cancelled, even my 2021 flights (51XP to be missed on 3rd Jan 2021 ) have already been cancelled and I have not flown since 1st Jan 2020 and with no sight of when I will fly again (which I want to as soon as possible for my situation).
Old Sep 4, 2020, 9:25 am

Hi to all experts,

If you are currently not an Ultimate member, you will not get the 900UXP which aim at maintaining status.
When is the end of your qualification period? Dec 2020 or Dec 2021?
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gkl
well, there is this double XP promo which in my view is a very good offer to help people also reach a higher status in the remainder of the year.
of course, a very good offer. And it’s also a double UXP promo.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Not sure if that is the right thread for this - please remove if in appropriate thread:

I just noticed a Surplus support of 21 XP credited a few days ago

My Plat renewed end of July and I missed back then 17 XP, that were added to maintain platinum. I don’t understand where those 21 XP are coming from.

Anyone could shed some light?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offvoice
Not sure if that is the right thread for this - please remove if in appropriate thread:

My Plat renewed end of July and I missed back then 17 XP, that were added to maintain platinum. I don’t understand where those 21 XP are coming from.

Did you have an excess of 21 XPs at the beginning of the year (i.e. in August 2019)?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
Did you have an excess of 21 XPs at the beginning of the year (i.e. in August 2019)?
Ah yes you’re right, that’s probably it. Couldn’t find back those 21, but quite close (I figured out 16, might have missed 5 XP somewhere). Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:51 am

You logged 240 UXP in one day?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Tro78
You logged 240 UXP in one day?
No, I don’t know why AF app grouped them that way, that was across 2 days.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is the normal way it is displayed in the activity overview: separate flights under a same itinerary/PNR are, as a rule (and with some exceptions), grouped together under the posting date for the last flight. If you click on the arrow on the right, you will then see individual flights and dates.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:19 am

Still. That makes 8 legs in J in 2 days !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.