Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
URL to information: https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/news/coronavirus-updates

Update 16/4/20

At this stage measurements which have been taken are for status maintain only. We are well aware that customers can also be impacted by less chance for an upgrade and/or reduced opportunities to carry over XP to the next year. We are constantly monitoring the evolution of the situation and are adjusting our policies accordingly. Should there be additional measures to compensate those impacts too, we will let our Flying Blue members know as soon as possible.
Update 15/4/20

In challenging times like today, travelling has become more difficult due to reasons beyond your control. In these trying times, we want to remove any uncertainty you may have about your Flying Blue Elite level.

We have put the following actions in place:

- We will maintain all Flying Blue Elite members with a qualification period ending between March 2020 and February 2021 for another 12 months.
- We will prevent all Miles from expiring between now and the end of 2020 for all our Explorer members.
From the Q&A that will be shared later today:

2. Will I keep my current level in my next qualification period?
In case your qualification period ends between March 2020 and February 2021, you will keep your current level even if you dont reach the XP objective. Some examples:

A Silver member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
If you have gained 120 XP, your counter will be offset by 100 XP to maintain Silver and you keep a surplus of 20 XP.
If you have gained 65 XP, we will credit the missing 35 XP and then offset your counter with 100 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Silver level.

A Gold member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
If you have gained 220 XP, your counter will be offset by 180 XP to maintain Gold and you keep a surplus of 40 XP.
If you have gained 120 XP, we will credit the missing 60 XP and then offset your counter with 180 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Gold level.

A Platinum member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
If you have gained 450 XP, your counter will be offset by 300 XP to maintain Platinum and you keep a surplus of 150 XP.
If you have gained 250 XP, we will credit the missing 50 XP and then offset your counter with 300 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Platinum level.

3. When will I see this XP measure in my online account?
Not until the first day in your new qualification period will you see in your online account that your current level is maintained. In your activity overview, youll find either XP offered by Flying Blue with the number of XP that are credited to reach the XP objective, or Counter offset with the XP objective deducted from your counter. A new card will be sent to you before your current card expires. The validity date of your digital card will be updated at the end of your current qualification period.

4. I want to upgrade to a higher level. Will I also be compensated?
Our measures enable Elite members to maintain their current level. It is not applicable for members who wish to upgrade to a higher level.

5. Will I keep my current XP balance in my next qualification period?
We will automatically offset the number of XP needed to maintain or upgrade a level. Any surplus XP will remain on your account. Some examples:

A Silver member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
If you have gained 120 XP, your counter will be offset by 100 XP to maintain Silver and you keep a surplus of 20 XP.
If you have gained 65 XP, we will credit the missing 35 XP and then offset your counter with 100 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Silver level.

A Gold member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
If you have gained 220 XP, your counter will be offset by 180 XP to maintain Gold and you keep a surplus of 40 XP.
If you have gained 120 XP, we will credit the missing 60 XP and then offset your counter with 180 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Gold level.

A Platinum member with a qualification period ending in April 2020:
If you have gained 450 XP, your counter will be offset by 300 XP to maintain Platinum and you keep a surplus of 150 XP.
If you have gained 250 XP, we will credit the missing 50 XP and then offset your counter with 300 XP to reset your XP counter to 0 and maintain your Platinum level.

6. What will happen to my years counting towards Platinum for life?
If you keep your current level during your next qualification period based on our special measures that membership year will count towards the 10 consecutive years needed to qualify for Platinum for life. For example:

You have been a Platinum member for 9 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2020. Because of our measures, you will be maintained and reach 10 consecutive years of Platinum. On 1 January 2021, your new qualificaiton period starts and on 1 April 2021, we will change your level to Platinum for life.
You have been a Platinum member for 7 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2020. Because of our measures, you will be maintained. On 1 January 2021, your 8th consecutive year of Platinum will start.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19: status extensions confirmed

Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Problem is, now with the floating year, they don't have until December to decide what to do. Many of the affected people are already close to the end of their year.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
My status expires on 31st of March
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Interesting priorities you guys have
I also have a Platinum status on Delta Airlines and enjoy flying on SkyTeam partners.

But lets first see which airlines (and corporations in general) are still alive after this global economy carnage is over. The decision makers of the G7 have done absolutely nothing for 2 months, and now they are chaotically destroying global economy without having any strategic vision.
Platinum status is the very last item on my priority list 😉
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
No need to be condescendent either Firstboss , when we started the thread 3 weeks ago the situation was not the chaos it is today. Stay stafe everyone !
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I am ok myself with over 700 XPs so thats 2021 and 2022 covered but my good lady only has 257 and her year expires in May. We did have flights booked to enable her to retain her status but obviously due to current situation we cancelled.

Hopefully they can extend the qualification year to allow her to keep her status but question I had - is there any option to transfer some of my points to her?

Note:- I know this is not the most important thing going on just now so apologies if this thread/my post offends anyone.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
I am ok myself with over 700 XPs so thats 2021 and 2022 covered but my good lady only has 257 and her year expires in May. We did have flights booked to enable her to retain her status but obviously due to current situation we cancelled.

Hopefully they can extend the qualification year to allow her to keep her status but question I had - is there any option to transfer some of my points to her?

Note:- I know this is not the most important thing going on just now so apologies if this thread/my post offends anyone.
You can get AMEX Platinum and extend your Platinum status to your good lady. That's what I do
Yolow likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firstboss
The decision makers of the G7 have done absolutely nothing for 2 months, and now they are chaotically destroying global economy without having any strategic vision.
Platinum status is the very last item on my priority list 😉
You can say that again!

Not only the G7 of course, just about every government worth its salt has jumped on the bandwagon, implementing all sorts of policies on a whim and on the spur of the moment, preferably without any consultation whatsoever. "European Union" was already the oxymoron of the century, but the member countries have now really gone to extremes to prove it.

Johan
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:16 am

Data point on competition - Aeroflot just prolonged everybodys status by a year.
irishguy28 and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Data point on competition - Aeroflot just prolonged everybodys status by a year.
Any idea what they done with their equivalent of XPs?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Special announcement

See here:

https://www.flyingblue.nl/nl/news/sp...ingbluemembers

In challenging times like today, travelling has become more difficult due to reasons beyond your control. We believe special circumstances call for special measures.
As an immediate measure, we have put the following actions in motion
We have lowered the XP objective by 25% for our Silver, Gold and Platinum members to maintain their current level. At this moment, this only applies to members that have a qualification period ending in March, April or May 2020.
We will prevent all Miles from expiring between now and the end of 2020 for all members.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely as it evolves. Similar or further actions will be taken in the months beyond May 2020. We are committed to sharing details when available.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:32 pm

Crap. Still 6xp short. Hopefully I'll be able to make some flight in May
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:34 pm

Crap. Still 6xp short. Hopefully I'll be able to make some flight in May
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by The doomed
Any idea what they done with their equivalent of XPs?
Presumably nothing, just reset the year to next
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Qualification criteria for ultimates to be determined

For Ultimates Flying Blue realises that they are strongly impacted as well. As their qualification period ends in December and we still don't know what will be the full scale of impact and the new reality we will decide and communicate later on adjustments for them.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
For expiry dates in March, April or May 2020 the qualification levels are:
• Silver: 75 XP
• Gold: 135 XP
• Platinum: 225 XP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.