Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Klems
After the price jumped from 113k to 144k, I called up FB and put a hold on it for 72 hours, and then checked a couple of times a day. First day it went from 144k to 143.5k, then to 143k, and this morning it is at 142.5k .
I wonder what would happen if I released the hold I have. I mean at this point I'll probably call today, put the 142.5k ticket on hold for 72 hours, release the 144k ticket and see what happens again in the next few days...
Well I have the answer to that question now: turns out the hold I had on the 144k ticket dropped last night, I couldn't be bothered to call FB and decided to gamble. Well this morning, sure enough, the ticket was priced priced at... 111,500 miles . I booked it right away as I'm reasonably happy with that pricing. The cheapest rate for the ticket I want is 96,500 I believe so it's not that bad. Of course I'll keep monitoring as I have several months before the trip but yeah.

Originally Posted by Airframe
I am in this dynamic pricing situation now with 3 tickets I redeemed for flight in a few months MAN-CDG-DXB in J, redeemed for 57.5k miles per person (172.5k total) and then 3 days later price on exact same flights has now dropped to 52k miles each per person (156k total). Considering whether to rebook at new cost and then cancel original tickets in order to get back 16.5k miles but it will cost 3 x EUR 45 (Eur 135) to do so.
As my example shows, there's also a chance that if you release your awards first, the price might drop even more in consequence (unless 52k is the minimum charged for that routing. However since we're talking about 3 tickets and the price is not bad at all to start with, I don't think I'll gamble.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I found another good one the other day : CDG-ATH via AMS in December : 179,000 miles in Y and just for the outbound

Old Dec 5, 2020, 3:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I don't know what it is, but award pricing to ATH often is like this. Not only award pricing actually, also just regular paid flights. I've always attributed it to large tour groups, possibly for one of the cruises out of ATH, booking most of the flight at once - only leaving the expensive fare buckets.

Theoretically the mileage amount is now connected to the cash price, right? So that exact same flight should be very expensive when buying with cash too. Theoretically..

Edit: Is this December? The flight from CDG to AMS is sold out in economy - at least when paying cash. That seems to trip up the system a bit..

Last edited by Xandrios; Dec 5, 2020 at 3:16 am
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I don't know what it is, but award pricing to ATH often is like this. Not only award pricing actually, also just regular paid flights. I've always attributed it to large tour groups, possibly for one of the cruises out of ATH, booking most of the flight at once - only leaving the expensive fare buckets.

Theoretically the mileage amount is now connected to the cash price, right? So that exact same flight should be very expensive when buying with cash too. Theoretically..

Edit: Is this December? The flight from CDG to AMS is sold out in economy - at least when paying cash. That seems to trip up the system a bit..

Yes, this is it (18/12) and, yes, it is clearly due to the CDG-AMS flight as later flights connecting to the same KL flight to AH come at a cheaper price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.