Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:57 pm

I was looking at HAM to JFK in J and although I could find tickets for money I was told by the AF app that there is no availability in miles. Switch to KL app: plenty of options from 69,000 to 345,000 miles, not too awful although I would have liked something at 52,500, 10,000 less than the previous 62,500.

Note I was offered the option to use only about 60k or 51k miles, the additional cash required priced the saved miles at about 1.5 euro cent each.

Last edited by af fp; Jun 3, 2018 at 5:36 am
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
so, due to a recent job change, ive been in a dilemma on whether i should continue with AF (ST), or switch over to SQ (*A), main argument for AF was that i wasnt quite willing to give up my Plat status and re-do it all over again with SQ, and with SQ, KF gold is sub-par at best since it is essentially the 3rd level status, behind 2 PPS levels.

BUT, sadly having seen these changes over the past couple months, especially this one with 'dynamic' award pricings, my decision just got a lot easier.

im glad i redeemed a J award flight recently, and have 100k+ miles left, which judging from the new pricings, could end up being orphan miles
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:57 pm

for BNE-YVR MU Flight used to be 120K miles, but show no availability now, system glitch or?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:04 pm

if I search PVG-YVR it will give only option for PVG-CDG-YVR 23 hour flight is 85K+USD 430, but if I search PVG-CDG is 90K, doesn't make any sense
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (platinum)
Question Possible cancellation

It looks like it is impossible to cancel Award ticket any longer

Originally Posted by seawolf

Don’t think that is correct. Only monthly Promo awards are not changeable.

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/flights/reward-tickets

You seem to be right BUT when you access the details (next to date) of Awards Advanced Search. The english version of the pop up doesn't mention any possible cancellation. Moreover, under Modifications chapter you can read that "cancelation & new reservation must be done at the same time". Same information when you look at the ticket detail at time of booking confirmation (just tried). Let's see what happens in real life.....

Access details by clicking the eye

English Version

French Version

Last edited by LAURENTD; Jun 3, 2018 at 3:21 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by LAURENTD
It looks like it is impossible to cancel Award ticket any longer (...). Let's see what happens in real life.....
The wording in unambiguous.

In real life, it is likely that we won't be able to cancel award tickets.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
for BNE-YVR MU Flight used to be 120K miles, but show no availability now, system glitch or?
Maybe glitch: for me the AF app showed no availability but going on the website with a laptop showed availability.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon

For the ticket I bought the conditions stipulate EUR 45 to cancel or change but the Reservations page says you must call to do it.
seawolf likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I find quite amusing that J is more expensive than P, W is more expensive than J ... *facepalm*
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

When you book an award ticket (on KLM iOS app), it now shows several options of using different amount of miles and cash. There is a link to award ticket conditions. That opens a pop up and it shows a table. Promo awards not changable. Other tickets can be change/cancel for €45.

Last edited by seawolf; Jun 3, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:37 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by bodory
+1

100% of dates I have tested for SIN-CDG in a close or far future with empty flights in J are now much more expensive. Cheapest I found is this one:

Not all booking classes have been loaded in the system yet. This should be resolved within the coming days/weeks, so you should be able to see a lower number of miles required for C (in case availability exists in the lower booking classes).
bodory likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Still seems that booking award tickets isn't coming from the overall ticket pool. When for example I search AMS<>LAS tickets for early next month at various dates, nothing available shows up
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:41 pm

I used latptop try https://www.airfrance.us still show up nothing, try 03/19/2019 it will show up CZ flight only for 144K+USD146

Originally Posted by af fp

Maybe glitch: for me the AF app showed no availability but going on the website with a laptop showed availability.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:43 pm

that would be really scandalous if we can't cancel tickets and redeposit miles!! I really think its just ambiguous wording...(hopefully)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:54 pm

So, I booked on 31 May, specifically asked agent that they would honor old price after 1 June when I ticket after transferring Amex points, he said, yes, no problem. The next day, just before transferring my points I call AF to double check the mileage required and they quoted me the old price, and I asked AGAIN whether they will honor old price, they said yes again. (it was already 1 June by this time)
Lo and behold, today when I call to ticket, they say, no sorry, price has gone up. We can do cash + miles, so that you pay same amount of miles but the cash portion goes up.
On top of all this mess, every time I call AF call center in the US, there are wait times of around 90 minutes. Today, an agent said he would escalate to a supervisor and call me back within 1-2 hours, never got the call. So now calling them and on hold again. I have spent, err, wasted a good 4-5 hours so far.
I have booked many awards in my life with various airlines, but this has been one of the most chaotic unprofessional experiences I have ever had.
I refuse to have my arm twisted to pay more when I have been assured twice that the price is x, only to have a bait and switch situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.