Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Gajan
Not all booking classes have been loaded in the system yet. This should be resolved within the coming days/weeks, so you should be able to see a lower number of miles required for C (in case availability exists in the lower booking classes).
Thanks Gajan. That would concur with the glitch hypothesis then.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
So, I booked on 31 May, specifically asked agent that they would honor old price after 1 June when I ticket after transferring Amex points, he said, yes, no problem. The next day, just before transferring my points I call AF to double check the mileage required and they quoted me the old price, and I asked AGAIN whether they will honor old price, they said yes again. (it was already 1 June by this time)

I refuse to have my arm twisted to pay more when I have been assured twice that the price is x, only to have a bait and switch situation.
Given that you clearly knew the rates were changing on 1 June, one wonders why you didn't put your reservation on hold, and transfer your points across, a few days earlier?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gajan
Not all booking classes have been loaded in the system yet. This should be resolved within the coming days/weeks, so you should be able to see a lower number of miles required for C (in case availability exists in the lower booking classes).
The cynic in me wonders why, given that they have known for over 6 months that they were going to make this change, that they didn't bother to ensure the system was working properly from day one...
Solevita likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Not just that, it also shows that there Is no real time connection between paid and award pricing. If there was they would just pull the Euro-fare, apply their magic formula and show that amount in miles. The fact that there is a disconnect between the two fare types probably means that there will be a delay when fares/prices change.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Is it still possible to do a flexible date award ticket search ? It now appears only one day at a time....
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I still see some destinations that are not bookable as award tickets, like SFO-LAX-PPT for instance.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Wunk
Still seems that booking award tickets isn't coming from the overall ticket pool. When for example I search AMS<>LAS tickets for early next month at various dates, nothing available shows up
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I still see some destinations that are not bookable as award tickets, like SFO-LAX-PPT for instance.
Reading you, it seems important to precise an important information : the possibility to redeem, as an award, any seat on sale on a given flight (until the last available), is only on AF-/KL-/Joon-/A5-operated flights and not on partners' flights (few exceptions apply like some code-shares under bock-seat agreements).

For tickets mentioned by Wunk and Sjondorn, they all involve a domestic leg on DL and you should certainly not expect more availability than before. But LAX-PPT should be available without restrictions.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by diclemeg
Is it still possible to do a flexible date award ticket search ? It now appears only one day at a time....
I noticed that too, they disabled that about 1.5 weeks ago
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Wunk
I noticed that too, they disabled that about 1.5 weeks ago
Now itll be near impossible to find value award flights..... what a scam.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
But LAX-PPT should be available without restrictions.
Actually I can't find LAX-PPT either (paid ticket would be C/J fare).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The cynic in me wonders why, given that they have known for over 6 months that they were going to make this change, that they didn't bother to ensure the system was working properly from day one...
Because they didn't think about the consequences properly?

Meanwhile, I do see some improvements on mileages fares compared to the searches I made a few days ago. Some are even approaching reasonable amounts. Searches on the longer term however, still show very high outrageous mileage rates.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Not just that, it also shows that there Is no real time connection between paid and award pricing. If there was they would just pull the Euro-fare, apply their magic formula and show that amount in miles. The fact that there is a disconnect between the two fare types probably means that there will be a delay when fares/prices change.
Despite the improvements I've observed, I also still don't see a correlation between purchased ticket prices and mileage prices. I just hope that this will get better as they load more of the low fares in the system...

Originally Posted by diclemeg
That's rubbish, I hope this is also a temporary glitch!

Last edited by Zembla; Jun 5, 2018 at 2:55 am
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, today a flight I suddenly needed to book for later this month came down from 312500 to 57500, although I have to travel a day or two earlier than I'd like. Still...that's a win in my book

If this is the "glitch" being fixed - then it hasn't affected most of the days that I've been searching.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Actually I can't find LAX-PPT either (paid ticket would be C/J fare).
this is definitely a glitch.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Looks like the "Special Elite" Awards are gone. Anyone hear anything about this change?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meflatow
Looks like the "Special Elite" Awards are gone. Anyone hear anything about this change?
Special Elite awards were introduced in 2009, on Air France only, to allow Elites to pay 15% more than the (at the time, ONLY) price available in miles, once the regular mileage inventory had been exhausted.

Given that EVERY seat can now be redeemed for miles [and not just the extra 8 booking classes that were made available for award booking in 2013 for increasing mileage amounts], I'm not sure why you would want to be "Special" by paying an extra 15% on top of something that is available to an Ivory member at a cheaper price...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.