Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:53 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Cdg2e

Any news as to when the damaged section of 2E will reopen? I hate having to lug my carry on up/down the stairs of an A330!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The CDG2E boarding area should be available in mid-2008. But, regarding the issue you have raised, there should be some improvement earlier, with the phased opening of satellite S3, located East of 2E and 2F, between April and November 2007.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Question

Originally Posted by JOUY31
The CDG2E boarding area should be available in mid-2008. But, regarding the issue you have raised, there should be some improvement earlier, with the phased opening of satellite S3, located East of 2E and 2F, between April and November 2007.
is there already any information about which flights will be relocated to S3? I would hope for the US ones currently departing from the E-gates...?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:51 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by haggis79
is there already any information about which flights will be relocated to S3? I would hope for the US ones currently departing from the E-gates...?
I am afraid it is a bit early to say.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 2:37 pm

[QUOTE=haniboo;6757224]we are scheduled to travel on a Thursday. AF 2221 from TLV, on TA's itin it says 2F arrival at 12:20pm, but i am pretty sure on the AF site it said 2E. depart AF 0332 2E, 1:15 pm.
QUOTE]

does it still seem like we will make it? might they hold the plane for us? any suggestions? and should we miss it, what should we expect AF to do with us?
Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Sorry if this has been answerred already - I've scanned through this thread and don't have a clear answer to my questions - and don't have much time, and won't have much web access in the next couple of days...

I'm flying BA-LHR on Friday (coach) and am AA Plat. Itinerary says I depart from term 2B. Due to a cancelled appointment, I'll be stuck at CDG for ~8 hours, and need to get some work done. I'm looking for a lounge with a smoking area.

I understand that BA shares AF lounges; is this all lounges, or just some (obviously not F lounges) ? Do I have to use the lounge at the terminal I depart from, or can I use any ? Are there any lounges outside security ? If, in theory, I could use a lounge at a different terminal section from my departure, are there any issues getting through security to such lounges ? I see conflicting information on which lounges have smoking areas; does anybody have any up-to-date info ?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99
I understand that BA shares AF lounges; is this all lounges, or just some (obviously not F lounges) ? Do I have to use the lounge at the terminal I depart from, or can I use any ? Are there any lounges outside security ? If, in theory, I could use a lounge at a different terminal section from my departure, are there any issues getting through security to such lounges ? I see conflicting information on which lounges have smoking areas; does anybody have any up-to-date info ?

Many thanks in advance.
Well, it is actually an AF lounge, which is also used by BA for its premium passengers, but which is not accessible to OW Elites. So, flying in coach, you unfortunately have no access to this lounge, nor to any other lounge in CDG2.

With respect to the other questions, the answers are unfortunately not very useful for you.

The only AF departures lounge which is located outside security or immigration is the 2D lounge. And I am afraid I am not uptodate on the smoking situation.

The best place to spend some time, IMHO, would be the Sheraton lobby bar, right in the middle of CDG2, above the TGV train station. Just check the price for wireless Internet before ordering it because I remember it was horrendously expensive, even by European statndards.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:05 am

Please note that, as we continue streamlining these forums, this thread will be moved to the AF sub-forum within the next two weeks. Thanks for your understanding.

The AF/KL moderator team
Old Dec 7, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Well, it is actually an AF lounge, which is also used by BA for its premium passengers, but which is not accessible to OW Elites. So, flying in coach, you unfortunately have no access to this lounge, nor to any other lounge in CDG2.

With respect to the other questions, the answers are unfortunately not very useful for you.

The only AF departures lounge which is located outside security or immigration is the 2D lounge. And I am afraid I am not uptodate on the smoking situation.

The best place to spend some time, IMHO, would be the Sheraton lobby bar, right in the middle of CDG2, above the TGV train station. Just check the price for wireless Internet before ordering it because I remember it was horrendously expensive, even by European statndards.

Thanks, very helpful - though obviously not the answer I was hoping for ! I'll give the Sheraton a try then.

So there is no OW lounge at CDG at all then ?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:06 pm

dutyfree shops at cdg--worth a look?

how are the dutyfree shops? are prices decent? are there stores in terminal 2E? thanks
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:49 pm

I forgot to mention that you CDG regulations restrict access to the terminal your flight departs from. So, no access to the AA lounge in 2A, which is airside. There is a JL lounge in 2F, which is landside, but JL is not part of OW yet.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:51 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I just skimmed all 404 posts, but did not see this question answered previously.

I am transferring at CDG on a Sunday T2C to T2E, routed SVO-CDG-JFK, arriving 1500 and departing 1555. The SVO-CDG flight is operated by SU (AF code-share), but I understand that all SVO flights (whether AF or SU operated) now operate into T2C. I am departing on AF to JFK from T2E, with a scheduled layover of 55 minutes.

According to the maps, it appears that this is an extremely long connection via airside shuttle. Is 55 minutes enough? Are there any shortcuts? If considering a landside transfer, I have a US passport.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 9:38 am

Hi all!
I read the whole post and spent the entire afternoon searching the net in answer of this: Me and my wife are flying on Dec. 22 ATH-CDG on AF 2333. We are scheduled to arrive in CDG, Terminal 2D at 0920. Our AF062 flight to LAX departs at 1015 from Terminal 2E. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact gate numbers.
If I understood correctly, there is high chance of a shuttle awaiting us and driving us directly to the gate of our flight to LAX. Does anybody know, where these shuttles usually are? Are they on the tarmac, so that you do not have to enter the terminal, or do you have to enter the terminal and then get in the bus?
In case there is no shuttle, will we make it on foot in 55 mins? If yes, we will follow the signs to TGV and then other signs towards 2E (please correct me if I am wrong).
It goes without saying, that even if we make it, I will spend the entire journey thinking whether or not our luggage made it as well.
Last but not least:
Does anybody have an idea, how much it would cost to upgrade to business class on site? I am thinking of upgrading the CDG-LAX reservation while still in Athens, if of course the price is not exorbitant.
Any help will be greatly appreciated,
M.

Last edited by menkarp; Dec 17, 2006 at 9:50 am
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by menkarp
Hi all!
I read the whole post and spent the entire afternoon searching the net in answer of this: Me and my wife are flying on Dec. 22 ATH-CDG on AF 2333. We are scheduled to arrive in CDG, Terminal 2D at 0920. Our AF062 flight to LAX departs at 1015 from Terminal 2E. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact gate numbers.
If I understood correctly, there is high chance of a shuttle awaiting us and driving us directly to the gate of our flight to LAX. Does anybody know, where these shuttles usually are? Are they on the tarmac, so that you do not have to enter the terminal, or do you have to enter the terminal and then get in the bus?
In case there is no shuttle, will we make it on foot in 55 mins? If yes, we will follow the signs to TGV and then other signs towards 2E (please correct me if I am wrong).
It goes without saying, that even if we make it, I will spend the entire journey thinking whether or not our luggage made it as well.
Last but not least:
Does anybody have an idea, how much it would cost to upgrade to business class on site? I am thinking of upgrading the CDG-LAX reservation while still in Athens, if of course the price is not exorbitant.
Any help will be greatly appreciated,
M.
Well, I arrived from VIE yesterday morning (late due to the incompetence of KL and VIE ground staff in VIE, but that is another story). This was 2D, a Schengen terminal, the same one where you should be arriving at when flying from ATH, and we had a remote stand. There was the standard bus and a special bus "bord à salles" to drive passengers connecting to JFK and EWR to the 2E boarding area where they would go through immigration to leave France and through security.

When you have a jetway instead of a remote stand upon arrival, you usually have an AF agent waiting for you in the jetway.

You know that you will have a specific "bord à bord" or "bord à salles" procedure when you hear flight attendants announcing on the PA that passengers connecting to <insert destination(s)> should contact ground staff when leaving the aircraft. These procedures are definitely NOT restricted to premium cabin passengers or Elite frequent flyers.

55mn is a bit short. You actually only need about 10mn to walk from the arrival point in 2D to the security/immigration checks in 2E (from 2D to the TGV station and then 2E, as you have noted ). But you may have to add:
- bus from the remote parking stand to 2D (15mn)
- sometimes lengthy security or immigration checks
- bus from the main 2E building, airside, to the remote boarding area, satellite H, for gates E8x.

This is why AF has invested a lot in order to have operational "short cuts" which are now part of their standard operating procedures at CDG.

Enjoy your flights

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 17, 2006 at 11:43 am
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:40 am

Just a kind reminder that this thread will be moved to the AF sub-forum on December 22nd. Thanks for your understanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.