Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:42 am

I'll arrive at CGD 2F at 9.10 from ROme (my plane will leave at 7 o'clock in the morning!). I've a connection flight for Los Angeles at 10.15 at CDG 2E. I know that I'll run across the CDG, and its long corridors,
but my question is: if my plane from Rome will be late, how much the other flight can wait for me???? This is my question!!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:34 am

it's not a good news, but thnx for sharing anyway
Old Nov 18, 2006, 2:25 pm

AF Terminal 2 Connections/Lounges

LAX/CDG Arrive CDG AF65 at 11:05am (2E?)
CDG/FCO Depart CDG AF2104 at 4:05pm (2F?)

As we have 5 hours at CDG waiting for our connection to Rome, please help with 1) where is the best lounge, or other area to spend this time. We are flying business class. And 2) what is the best route to the lounge (or, other area) and then to our departure from 2F?

Our return is much tighter:

OSL/CDG Arrive CDG AF1275 at 9:20 am (2D?)
CDG/LAX Depart CDG AF62 at 10:15 am (2E?)

Will I make this connection? What is the best route between terminals?

Thank you so much, this is our first trip through CDG.

Toasties
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Thank you for your earlier reply JOUY31. I have an additional question about connecting between terminals 2A and 1.

I have tried to look at the ADP's maps of CDG, and I'm having some trouble visualizing how I will transfer between the terminals. The ADP web site suggests that I would take a bus from 2A to Satellite 3 of terminal 1.
- Is the bus from Door 22 of 2A the fastest way to terminal 1 (or does it loop through terminals 2D,E,F?)?
- Is the satellite 3 area of terminal 1 under construction, does the bus still stop there?

Finally, if AC will interline my baggage with LH, can I transfer airside, or must I go through the immigration process since I am on a seperate PNR? My flights are YYZ-CDG-FRA-SIN, with the CDG-FRA-SIN leg on a sperate ticket. Return is opposite direction. Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by pilot007
I have tried to look at the ADP's maps of CDG, and I'm having some trouble visualizing how I will transfer between the terminals. The ADP web site suggests that I would take a bus from 2A to Satellite 3 of terminal 1.
- Is the bus from Door 22 of 2A the fastest way to terminal 1 (or does it loop through terminals 2D,E,F?)?
- Is the satellite 3 area of terminal 1 under construction, does the bus still stop there?

Finally, if AC will interline my baggage with LH, can I transfer airside, or must I go through the immigration process since I am on a seperate PNR? My flights are YYZ-CDG-FRA-SIN, with the CDG-FRA-SIN leg on a sperate ticket. Return is opposite direction. Thanks!
Well, as you are transiting via FRA, you cannot remain airside as you need to enter the Schengen area coming from YYZ to head to FRA, and leave it when arriving from FRA and heading to YYZ.

It's been some time since I have used CDG1, but unless I am mistaken, the landside bus does not go to any of the satellites but to the main building. According to this link, you are right, the shuttle does loop around CDG2, starting with the joint 2A/2C stop, and it could be faster (by a few minutes) to walk over to the joint 2B/2D stop. I am not sure it would be worth it.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Thanks for the info and helpful web site JOUY31!

Is possible to check in for my next flight at the transfer counter? My main concern is my arrival at 08.50 from FRA, and departure for YYZ at 11.30. If I could check in at the transfer counter in terminal 1, then it will give me some comfort to not have to rush to 2A to meet the check in cut-off time.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 3:56 am

i just saw this sticky and it is magnifique! kids and i will be flying and have 55 minutes to change from incoming from TLV to flight to BOS, both on AF. i am a little nervous--any suggestions?-- thanks
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by [email protected]

As we have 5 hours at CDG waiting for our connection to Rome, please help with 1) where is the best lounge, or other area to spend this time. We are flying business class. And 2) what is the best route to the lounge (or, other area) and then to our departure from 2F?

Toasties
Bump please, we're leaving tomorrow!!

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IB+, LH, Hertz 1# Club Gold 5*
Question Has not ADP scheduled CDGval service opening yet ?

Hi,

Has anybody found out the opening date for CDGval service?

I think it's strange that it has been announced several times by ADP (Aeroport De Paris company) and by french authorities the launch of CDGval service by last quarter of 2006, and so far there is no official date.
Making a comparaison with the launch/opening of new rail lines (such as TGV MED or EST EUROPEEN) by French Public Railway Operator - SNCF - you would see that SNCF is much more precise and transparent in terms of timing and opening schedule.

It seems ADP has no interest in being transparent and precise as SNCF.

Who could explain the reason?

I don't think there is a relation with the various failed intents to build a rail-link between CDG1, Parkings and CDG2, and its linked polemics and loss of money.
In situ, you see clearly announcement of improvement from ADP about this CDGval (between 2F and 2D) ... but on there coporate website ... nothing ... even not a small teasing line about it ...

Strange how ADP deals with this, isn't it ?

Jer.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:07 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Toasties
Sorry for the delay. Some quick answers
1/ LAX/CDG/FCO
- best lounge : arrivals in 2C, landside, but it closes at 2PM
- other pleasant area : lobby bar of the Sheraton (above the TGV station)
- route from 2E arrivals to TGV station (and 2C)
You need to clear immigration in 2E. Once you have left the baggage retrieval area and arrived landside in 2E, head toward the TGV station by going to the other end of 2E, move up one level with escalators, and use a set of 2 or 3 moving walkways to walk over to the TGV station; if you want to go to the arrivals lounge continue straight forward to 2C over a set of moving walkways. The arrivals lounge is landside, located in front of C2 exit gate from the building. Otherwise, the Sheraton is right there, on the same lvel, two levels above the TGV station. Time from 2E to 2C arrivals lounge : 10-15mn at a leisurely pace
- route from (2C and) TGV station
from 2C, walk back along the path you have used to the TGV station and the Sheraton; instead of walking straight forward to 2E, turn left in front of the Sheraton to cross over to the other side of the building, and then right. You will then be using a set of 3 moving walkways to reach 2F (actually parallel to the moving walkways you used between 2E and the TGV station). At the end of the moving walkways, take a very short escalator up and you are on the departures level of 2F. From there it is a short walk to the security check for Schengen departures.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:18 pm

2/ OSL/CDG/LAX
This is a very tight connection. As you are arriving in 2D, there is no airside shuttle. You need to rush over a set of moving walkways to the TGV station, turn right to cross over to the other side of the building and then left to use moving walkways to 2E. At the end of the moving walkways, take the very short escalator up one level to 2E, and you are on the departures level. Rush to the other end of the terminal and turn right for immigration and security checks. You will then need to go to either the local boarding area (gates E7x) or the remote boarding area (gates E8x) , satellite H, by bus.

On the other hand, you could have an AF ground agent waiting for you upon arrival from OSL, with a sign having either your name or your desination, to rush you to your departing aircraft, though you will still have to go through immigration and security with his help. You will know this happens if and when upon arrival and between taxiing and leaving the aircraft you hear an announcement stating that "passengers connecting to LAX should make themselves known to AF ground staff when leaving the aircraft"

Good luck. Apologies for the delay and the short answers, but I have to rush for my morning flight to LHR.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by jerybis
Hi,

Has anybody found out the opening date for CDGval service?

I think it's strange that it has been announced several times by ADP (Aeroport De Paris company) and by french authorities the launch of CDGval service by last quarter of 2006, and so far there is no official date.
Making a comparaison with the launch/opening of new rail lines (such as TGV MED or EST EUROPEEN) by French Public Railway Operator - SNCF - you would see that SNCF is much more precise and transparent in terms of timing and opening schedule.

It seems ADP has no interest in being transparent and precise as SNCF.

Who could explain the reason?

I don't think there is a relation with the various failed intents to build a rail-link between CDG1, Parkings and CDG2, and its linked polemics and loss of money.
In situ, you see clearly announcement of improvement from ADP about this CDGval (between 2F and 2D) ... but on there coporate website ... nothing ... even not a small teasing line about it ...

Strange how ADP deals with this, isn't it ?

Jer.

I don't know about the acutal opening date of CDGval (but I think it's supposed to be very soon, I remember reading something in the AF inflight magazine recently).

What I can tell you, though, is that for passengers connecting from any of the parts of terminal 2 to another one CDGval will not be of any value for the time given... it's going to connect Terminal 2 (departing somewhere around the train station) to Terminals 1,3 and the parking lots. There will be no connection within Terminal 2 .

Cheers,
haggis
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by haniboo
i just saw this sticky and it is magnifique! kids and i will be flying and have 55 minutes to change from incoming from TLV to flight to BOS, both on AF. i am a little nervous--any suggestions?-- thanks
can anyone help on the above?--
on the AF site, it said both flights are via 2E. will 55 minutes be ample time? will we need to go thru customs/passport control?
merci!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by haniboo
can anyone help on the above?--
on the AF site, it said both flights are via 2E. will 55 minutes be ample time? will we need to go thru customs/passport control?
merci!
No need to go through immigration or customs. Just security. If both flights are in 2E, it should be OK, but you do need to rush, as your flight to BOS could depart from the remote gates (E8x vs E7x)

Enjoy your flights

PS if you could tell us the day of the week and time of the connection, it could also help us have a better insight into your connection.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
No need to go through immigration or customs. Just security. If both flights are in 2E, it should be OK, but you do need to rush, as your flight to BOS could depart from the remote gates (E8x vs E7x)

Enjoy your flights

PS if you could tell us the day of the week and time of the connection, it could also help us have a better insight into your connection.
we are scheduled to travel on a Thursday. AF 2221 from TLV, on TA's itin it says 2F arrival at 12:20pm, but i am pretty sure on the AF site it said 2E. depart AF 0332 2E, 1:15 pm.

my kids are boning up on their French (that means Merci and bonjour), guess we won't have much time to use it, tho. again, thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.