Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Ignutzz
We have a long 6+ hour layover at CDG, arriving from JFK and onward to the middle east. I would therefore assume we'll both arrive and depart within 2E (AF business class). We'd like to spend that time at the Hall L lounge. If our flight to the middle east does not leave from Hall L, but instead from K or M, can we access the Hall L lounge? I've read on other websites that because you have to pass through security to get to the L Lounge, you can't get there unless your departing flight also has an L gate. Just hoping someone can confirm if that's true, or if you can just say you're going to the lounge/salon and get access.

Thank you!
No, you can't pick your hall. You will only be able to enter the departure hall where you'll be able to use the lounge.

Some people manage to talk their way through security & lounge dragons but honestly, the difference between lounges is not worth the hassle (and the unlikely positive result).
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ignutzz
We have a long 6+ hour layover at CDG, arriving from JFK and onward to the middle east. I would therefore assume we'll both arrive and depart within 2E (AF business class). We'd like to spend that time at the Hall L lounge. If our flight to the middle east does not leave from Hall L, but instead from K or M, can we access the Hall L lounge? I've read on other websites that because you have to pass through security to get to the L Lounge, you can't get there unless your departing flight also has an L gate. Just hoping someone can confirm if that's true, or if you can just say you're going to the lounge/salon and get access.

Thank you!
you can try (no risk) but be prepared for refusal. Keep in mind that lines at security are long.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:30 pm

CDG is the last place i want to move between halls and terminals. dont think any lounge or food can convince me to do so
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
looking to fly through CDG to ATH on Aug 30 landing at 550am and our connection is at 720am. Since we are coming non-Schengen into Schengen, is that amount of time for a layover at that time of day an issue?

Also, we are checking bags since its my wife and her parents so traveling with just carry-ons is just not going to happen. Given that we have 6 weeks till we travel, I'm hopeful that CDG will have figured out its luggage issues...

Thoughts? Am I asking for problems?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
1:30 is not great but doable.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: FB Gold
^Agreed. Should be sufficient assuming no delays on the inbound arrival and you're on the early side of the morning arrivals (peak between 8h-11h) so passport control should be quick.

The baggage situation was a one-off during a social movement + technical issue. Currently no anamolies in general, although of course, the occasional misconnect happens.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mlin32
^Agreed. Should be sufficient assuming no delays on the inbound arrival and you're on the early side of the morning arrivals (peak between 8h-11h) so passport control should be quick.

The baggage situation was a one-off during a social movement + technical issue. Currently no anamolies in general, although of course, the occasional misconnect happens.
Thanks! This is what I was hoping to hear. On to booking!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:42 pm

Any recent examples of Air France checking carry-on weights against the 12kg limit when transferring from 2E to 2F? I'm connecting from Boston to a domestic flight in France and my nightmare is to be forced to check my bag at CDG at the connecting point.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've never had my normal-sized carryon weighed by AF. I have seen people being asked to gate-check them though. A gold tag on it usually prevents me being asked unless I volunteer.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:06 am

Carry-ons are usually not weighed, but being gate checked is a possibility. And quite probable on full short-haul flights.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:22 pm

Thanks. Do you reckon my 1:50 connection from 2E to 2F is doable next week? Flying economy with US and UK passports and with nothing but ITA Volaire Premium "STE+" which I have not been able to attach to my Flying Blue award booking come hell or high water, but I do have the digital card in my Apple Wallet.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Plenish
Thanks. Do you reckon my 1:50 connection from 2E to 2F is doable next week? Flying economy with US and UK passports and with nothing but ITA Volaire Premium "STE+" which I have not been able to attach to my Flying Blue award booking come hell or high water, but I do have the digital card in my Apple Wallet.
Yes, 1h50 is fine. Just dont dawdle.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
2F, within Schengen, checked bag

Any recent data point(s) to share on what to expect tomorrow at 2F? Traveling on direct flight starting at CDG within Schengen with checked bag in J.

Given the stories about luggage chaos in Europe these days, I am evaluating the risk of traveling with a checked bag and getting it at my destination. Same goes for the return trip.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:42 am

A simple direct flight from CDG thesedays should not have higher than unusual risk of a mishandled bags.

Zéro checked bags = zéro risk of it getting mishandled.
1 checked bag = some risk but nothing like earlier this month.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Last week I did a (due to delay) semi tight 1h transit arriving from Spain (arrived at 2G) and going on a domestic flight from 2F. No problem getting my checked bag at the destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.