Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frausflyer
This is a list of sightings of AF planes with WiFi equipment. There may be others, this list only has the planes seen by FT forum members that report them here.

TOTAL FLEET (125/213- 59%)

LONG HAUL FLEET (56/99- 57%)

Boeing 787-900 (10/10)
All planes equipped with WiFi

Boeing 777-200ER (7/25)
F-GSPA
F-GSPD
F-GSPE
F-GSPF
F-GSPG
F-GSPH
F-GSPK

Boeing 777-300ER (21/43)
F-GSQA
F-GSQB
F-GSQC
F-GSQD
F-GSQE
F-GSQJ
F-GSQK
F-GSQL
F-GSQM
F-GSQN
F-GSQO
F-GSQP
F-GSQR
F-GSQT
F-GSQY
F-GZNB
F-GZNC
F-GZND
F-GZNE
F-GZNF
F-GZNG

Airbus A330-200 (12/15)
F-GZCA
F-GZCB
F-GZCC
F-GZCF
F-GZCG
F-GZCH
F-GZCI
F-GZCK
F-GZCL
F-GZCM
F-GZCN
F-GZCO

Airbus A350-900 (6/6)
All planes equipped with WiFi

SHORT/MEDIUM HAUL FLEET (69/114 - 61%)

​​​​​​Airbus A318 (7/18)
F-GUGC
F-GUGD
F-GUGE
F-GUGJ
F-GUGM
F-GUGN
F-GUGO

Airbus A319 (21/33)
F-GRHE
F-GRHF
F-GRHH
F-GRHL
F-GRHM
F-GRHN
F-GRHO
F-GRHQ
F-GRHR
F-GRHS
F-GRHT
F-GRHU
F-GRHV
F-GRHX
F-GRHY
F-GRHZ
F-GRXB
F-GRXC
F-GRXD
F-GRXF
F-GRXM

Airbus A320 (25/43)
F-GKXH
F-GKXK
F-GKXL
F-GKXM
F-GKXP
F-GKXQ
F-GKXS
F-GKXT
F-GKXU
F-GKXV
F-GKXY (Joon plane, not yet active but equipment installed and wifi stickers present onboard)
F-GKXZ
F-HBND
F-HBNH
F-HBNI
F-HBNJ
F-HBNK
F-HEPA
F-HEPB
F-HEPE
F-HEPF
F-HEPG
F-HEPH
F-HEPI
F-HEPJ
F-HEPK

Airbus 321 (16/20)
F-GMZA
F-GMZB
F-GZMC
F-GMZD
F-GTAD
F-GTAE
F-GTAJ
F-GTAM
F-GTAO
F-GTAQ
F-GTAP
F-GTAS
F-GTAU
F-GTAX
F-GTAZ

Last update: 18/08/2020

Print Wikipost

Inflight Wi-fi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: FB platinum
I just flew SIN - CDG on AF 257 in a B773 that had Wifi on board.
I only used the "chat-services package" that is free because I did not really need anything else.
It worked quite well (there are quite a few disconnections of the Internet, and it's obviously not very fast). Also, although they say that it's only for "text" and "no images/videos/etc. can be received", that is wrong. I received some pictures using Viber, some emails, and I even had a couple Android apps that auto-updated at some point (but it took a very, very long time). So I guess they must block some obvious things (e.g Netflix & Youtube), and limit a lot the bandwidth for this package.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lynxy
I just flew SIN - CDG on AF 257 in a B773 that had Wifi on board.
I only used the "chat-services package" that is free because I did not really need anything else.
It worked quite well (there are quite a few disconnections of the Internet, and it's obviously not very fast). Also, although they say that it's only for "text" and "no images/videos/etc. can be received", that is wrong. I received some pictures using Viber, some emails, and I even had a couple Android apps that auto-updated at some point (but it took a very, very long time). So I guess they must block some obvious things (e.g Netflix & Youtube), and limit a lot the bandwidth for this package.
Same experience as you with AF but also with DL gogo inflight. Sometimes you are able to receive emails and less often pictures in sms/what'sApp. But you can never send pictures or email with the free messaging offer.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Same experience as you with AF but also with DL gogo inflight. Sometimes you are able to receive emails and less often pictures in sms/what'sApp. But you can never send pictures or email with the free messaging offer.
I'm usually able to send pictures on DL's gogo inflight using the free plan. They do take forever and depending on how congested the network is, it takes a few tries before it goes through.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: FB Plat
Not a 773 but on a recent intra-European trip onboard an 319 with Wifi, I was able to send pictures via iMessages (although as mentioned above it also took a few tries). Some news app managed to catch notifications but it was too slow to load the whole articles. Twitter was kept updated and from times to times pictures were even loading!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Could we maybe create a wiki like the retrofit threads to track planes fitted with WiFi?

Flew on an A321 CDG-AMS (F-GTAU) on Friday with wifi, tried the paid option to check speeds, which was absolutely decent, i was able to stream a song off Spotify and send pictures via Whatsapp. Flight docked next to us at CDG (A321/F-GMZB) was also equipped with a WiFi dome.
drjeffrock likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:15 am

Just saw that F-GRHE (A319) was also equipped and Wi-Fi was advertised on board.

Based on earlier contributions, this brings the list of short/medium-haul planes to:
F-GRHQ (A319, Seen 2019-01-07)
F-GTAU (A321, Seen 2019-04-30)
F-GMZB (A321, Seen 2019-04-30)
F-GRHE (A319, Seen 2019-05-04)
F-GRHT (A319, Seen 2019-05-04)

I tried the free 'messaging pass' and strangely enough, I could access any website without problem during more than half of the flight, it was just a bit slow.

EDIT: Added F-GRHT as per message below.
joyu12 likes this.

Last edited by AlvinMaker; May 4, 2019 at 9:30 am
Old May 4, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
F-GRHT, an A319, also has wifi. Never tried it out though.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Should we make this a Wiki? Same as this thread or this (although now outdated)?

Would be useful.
AlvinMaker likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by AlvinMaker
Just saw that F-GRHE (A319) was also equipped and Wi-Fi was advertised on board.

Based on earlier contributions, this brings the list of short/medium-haul planes to:
F-GRHQ (A319, Seen 2019-01-07)
F-GTAU (A321, Seen 2019-04-30)
F-GMZB (A321, Seen 2019-04-30)
F-GRHE (A319, Seen 2019-05-04)
F-GRHT (A319, Seen 2019-05-04)

I tried the free 'messaging pass' and strangely enough, I could access any website without problem during more than half of the flight, it was just a bit slow.

EDIT: Added F-GRHT as per message below.
had once on short haul between MRS-NTE one month ago. Before leaving, PNC explained the plane was equipped with WiFi on board.
Try the free option : I was able to use SMS, WhatsApp and Messenger; only messages, no video.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I just went back to the AF website and it says “all fleet equipped by 2020” I would assume they will install it on the A380...But on AF’s timeline “by 2020” could mean summer 2027.
I could see them doing it at the same time as the cabin refreshes, but that would definitely put it past 2020.

In any event, hopefully my B777 LAX-CDG flight next year ends up having it. ^
Old May 9, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Royal Orchid Gold - Accor A-Club Platinum
AF069 777-300 today leaving LA on 8/5 was equipped with WiFi, free WhatsApp and messaging, 30€ for streaming. No sign inside the airplane. I just noticed a strange dome while embarking, and then tried. No announcement on board. Crew did not know. BUT a very good surprise and all bandwidth for me.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by franck75002
AF069 777-300 today leaving LA on 8/5 was equipped with WiFi, free WhatsApp and messaging, 30€ for streaming. No sign inside the airplane. I just noticed a strange dome while embarking, and then tried. No announcement on board. Crew did not know. BUT a very good surprise and all bandwidth for me.
F-JSQL per FlightAware. I'll work on creating a Wiki based on the previous reports.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by tmiw
F-JSQL per FlightAware. I'll work on creating a Wiki based on the previous reports.
I think it's F-GSQL, all 777-300ER immatriculations start with -G I think. In any case, not with J.

Thanks for creating the Wiki, I wouldn't know how to do that. I thought only moderators could.

When you do so, you can add F-GSQY to the list, B777-300ER.

Old May 9, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Thanks for creating the Wiki, I wouldn't know how to do that. I thought only moderators could.
Very easy to do. Here is a screenshot from another thread (without wiki). Just one click. In "thread tool" menu, then "create a wikipost".

Old May 10, 2019, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I think it's F-GSQL, all 777-300ER immatriculations start with -G I think. In any case, not with J.

When you do so, you can add F-GSQY to the list, B777-300ER.
Oops, it should be correct now.

(BTW, anyone can edit the wikipost too if one has had more than a certain number of posts on FT.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.