Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frausflyer
This is a list of sightings of AF planes with WiFi equipment. There may be others, this list only has the planes seen by FT forum members that report them here.

TOTAL FLEET (125/213- 59%)

LONG HAUL FLEET (56/99- 57%)

Boeing 787-900 (10/10)
All planes equipped with WiFi

Boeing 777-200ER (7/25)
F-GSPA
F-GSPD
F-GSPE
F-GSPF
F-GSPG
F-GSPH
F-GSPK

Boeing 777-300ER (21/43)
F-GSQA
F-GSQB
F-GSQC
F-GSQD
F-GSQE
F-GSQJ
F-GSQK
F-GSQL
F-GSQM
F-GSQN
F-GSQO
F-GSQP
F-GSQR
F-GSQT
F-GSQY
F-GZNB
F-GZNC
F-GZND
F-GZNE
F-GZNF
F-GZNG

Airbus A330-200 (12/15)
F-GZCA
F-GZCB
F-GZCC
F-GZCF
F-GZCG
F-GZCH
F-GZCI
F-GZCK
F-GZCL
F-GZCM
F-GZCN
F-GZCO

Airbus A350-900 (6/6)
All planes equipped with WiFi

SHORT/MEDIUM HAUL FLEET (69/114 - 61%)

​​​​​​Airbus A318 (7/18)
F-GUGC
F-GUGD
F-GUGE
F-GUGJ
F-GUGM
F-GUGN
F-GUGO

Airbus A319 (21/33)
F-GRHE
F-GRHF
F-GRHH
F-GRHL
F-GRHM
F-GRHN
F-GRHO
F-GRHQ
F-GRHR
F-GRHS
F-GRHT
F-GRHU
F-GRHV
F-GRHX
F-GRHY
F-GRHZ
F-GRXB
F-GRXC
F-GRXD
F-GRXF
F-GRXM

Airbus A320 (25/43)
F-GKXH
F-GKXK
F-GKXL
F-GKXM
F-GKXP
F-GKXQ
F-GKXS
F-GKXT
F-GKXU
F-GKXV
F-GKXY (Joon plane, not yet active but equipment installed and wifi stickers present onboard)
F-GKXZ
F-HBND
F-HBNH
F-HBNI
F-HBNJ
F-HBNK
F-HEPA
F-HEPB
F-HEPE
F-HEPF
F-HEPG
F-HEPH
F-HEPI
F-HEPJ
F-HEPK

Airbus 321 (16/20)
F-GMZA
F-GMZB
F-GZMC
F-GMZD
F-GTAD
F-GTAE
F-GTAJ
F-GTAM
F-GTAO
F-GTAQ
F-GTAP
F-GTAS
F-GTAU
F-GTAX
F-GTAZ

Last update: 18/08/2020

Print Wikipost

Inflight Wi-fi

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Royal Orchid Gold - Accor A-Club Platinum
when WiFi exists but is not advertised on board, there is no automatic login screen. Use connect.airfrance.com.
paris1000 likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
DL now has two wifi 'trims' of which one is fast wi-fi; capable of streaming video. Same kind of speeds (or slightly worse) than Jetblue which uses Exede, I think. Looking forward to trying AF's 777 wifi.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I've already used DL's fast wifi version on a LAX-HND leg 2 years ago... Could stream youtube and netflix without a hitch surprisingly!
Old May 15, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wifi now also on some A330s and at least one A320. I added a few immats to the Wiki (plus another 77W)
Goldorak and joyu12 like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:37 pm

Added a few more, and also re-structured the Wiki for easier legibility. I hope that's OK with forum members.
Goldorak and tmiw like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Added a few more, and also re-structured the Wiki for easier legibility. I hope that's OK with forum members.
That’s great. Thank you. I have added a B777.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have a question regarding A332 fleet. I am surprised to see 4 frames listed in the wiki because I thought that the WiFi installation was linked to the retrofit of the cabin interiors (but may be I am completely wrong on this) ?
The other thread on A332 retrofit lists only F-GZCA and F-GZCF as retrofitted while in the wiki here we have 4 planes and F is the one in common. Is it safe to assume that A has also WiFi ? And does it mean that K/M/O are also retrofitted with the new cabins? Or the WiFi install has nothing to do with cabin retrofit ?
Old May 16, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have a question regarding A332 fleet. I am surprised to see 4 frames listed in the wiki because I thought that the WiFi installation was linked to the retrofit of the cabin interiors (but may be I am completely wrong on this) ?
The other thread on A332 retrofit lists only F-GZCA and F-GZCF as retrofitted while in the wiki here we have 4 planes and F is the one in common. Is it safe to assume that A has also WiFi ? And does it mean that K/M/O are also retrofitted with the new cabins? Or the WiFi install has nothing to do with cabin retrofit ?
A321: unsure. I just stepped off a re-fitted A321, but it was a plane in JOON colours (despite this being an AFR mainline route and uniforms and everything else was AFR). Is that the A321 retrofit you are referring to? Or is there another retrofit going on for the A321 frames in parallel?

A330: I am positive that I have seen those frames at CDG the past days. I went through CDG at least once each day this week (and have two or potentially three more coming up till the end of the week) and have become a WiFi-plane spotter. These planes had a WiFi dome. Whether these are the planes with the new cabins: I'll be able to confirm that on Sunday when I have an updated list of A330 cabin retrofits. We can then see whether new cabin also equals WiFi. I would have thought so.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

A321: unsure. I just stepped off a re-fitted A321, but it was a plane in JOON colours (despite this being an AFR mainline route and uniforms and everything else was AFR). Is that the A321 retrofit you are referring to? Or is there another retrofit going on for the A321 frames in parallel?
I never spoke about A321 in my post
Old May 16, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I never spoke about A321 in my post
That is what happens when doing plane spotting and reading FT at the same time early in the morning after only four hours of sleep and a not very inspired breakfast in the K lounge.
Goldorak likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:54 am

Good day,

As of at least 19MAY, F-GSQK 777-300ER has inflight wifi, talking to someone on board now !

Cheers,
Old May 19, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by airchristophe
Good day,

As of at least 19MAY, F-GSQK 777-300ER has inflight wifi, talking to someone on board now !

Cheers,
Thanks for the info and glad to read you here . We haven't read you for ages in this forum !
Old May 20, 2019, 4:05 pm

I have now identified all A330s and B777s with WiFi on board and updated the Wiki. Also noted those planes that seem to be in maintenance/haven't flown in a while and will most possibly get WiFi installed.

Interesting to see that it's really across all variants of the 777 fleet: the 777-200ER, the 777-300ER with Premiere, the 777-300ER in COI config, planes flying from Orly and planes flying from Roissy.

Also, to confirm that the A330 WiFi installation happens independently (or may at least happen independently) from refurbishing the cabin.

EDIT: this inventory is of course almost useless as it is impossible to determine which plane will be dispatched for which flight ahead of time from public sources. At the same time, the AF website does show if a flight has WiFi on board or not, months ahead (beware of aircraft swapping!).

The only use for this is to get a sense how much of the fleet is equipped and how fast/slow installation of WiFi is.

Last edited by San Gottardo; May 20, 2019 at 4:29 pm
Old May 22, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum
EDIT: this inventory is of course almost useless as it is impossible to determine which plane will be dispatched for which flight ahead of time from public sources. At the same time, the AF website does show if a flight has WiFi on board or not, months ahead (beware of aircraft swapping!).

The only use for this is to get a sense how much of the fleet is equipped and how fast/slow installation of WiFi is.

Actually the AF website does not consistently show WiFi availability, have flown twice to AMS in the last month and had WiFi on board without it being advertised at time of booking, but then again, as you point out i might just have gotten lucky with aircraft swaps.

Also, on a slightly off-topic point, could we assume the A318s could also be subject to seat swaps to remove the NEO seats when they will be fitted with WiFi, or are they not slated at all to get the new seats found on CDG-based A319/20/21s?

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }

Last edited by joyu12; May 22, 2019 at 3:54 am
Old May 22, 2019, 4:35 am

No idea. But I really wish they will. The NEO seats on the A318 are one of the few items left on the "reasons why I don't like to fly AF on this flight" list. Many other things that deterred me from AF have or are going away, but on the routes that I fly in Europe I end up on A318s about 70% of the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.