Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frausflyer
This is a list of sightings of AF planes with WiFi equipment. There may be others, this list only has the planes seen by FT forum members that report them here.

TOTAL FLEET (125/213- 59%)

LONG HAUL FLEET (56/99- 57%)

Boeing 787-900 (10/10)
All planes equipped with WiFi

Boeing 777-200ER (7/25)
F-GSPA
F-GSPD
F-GSPE
F-GSPF
F-GSPG
F-GSPH
F-GSPK

Boeing 777-300ER (21/43)
F-GSQA
F-GSQB
F-GSQC
F-GSQD
F-GSQE
F-GSQJ
F-GSQK
F-GSQL
F-GSQM
F-GSQN
F-GSQO
F-GSQP
F-GSQR
F-GSQT
F-GSQY
F-GZNB
F-GZNC
F-GZND
F-GZNE
F-GZNF
F-GZNG

Airbus A330-200 (12/15)
F-GZCA
F-GZCB
F-GZCC
F-GZCF
F-GZCG
F-GZCH
F-GZCI
F-GZCK
F-GZCL
F-GZCM
F-GZCN
F-GZCO

Airbus A350-900 (6/6)
All planes equipped with WiFi

SHORT/MEDIUM HAUL FLEET (69/114 - 61%)

​​​​​​Airbus A318 (7/18)
F-GUGC
F-GUGD
F-GUGE
F-GUGJ
F-GUGM
F-GUGN
F-GUGO

Airbus A319 (21/33)
F-GRHE
F-GRHF
F-GRHH
F-GRHL
F-GRHM
F-GRHN
F-GRHO
F-GRHQ
F-GRHR
F-GRHS
F-GRHT
F-GRHU
F-GRHV
F-GRHX
F-GRHY
F-GRHZ
F-GRXB
F-GRXC
F-GRXD
F-GRXF
F-GRXM

Airbus A320 (25/43)
F-GKXH
F-GKXK
F-GKXL
F-GKXM
F-GKXP
F-GKXQ
F-GKXS
F-GKXT
F-GKXU
F-GKXV
F-GKXY (Joon plane, not yet active but equipment installed and wifi stickers present onboard)
F-GKXZ
F-HBND
F-HBNH
F-HBNI
F-HBNJ
F-HBNK
F-HEPA
F-HEPB
F-HEPE
F-HEPF
F-HEPG
F-HEPH
F-HEPI
F-HEPJ
F-HEPK

Airbus 321 (16/20)
F-GMZA
F-GMZB
F-GZMC
F-GMZD
F-GTAD
F-GTAE
F-GTAJ
F-GTAM
F-GTAO
F-GTAQ
F-GTAP
F-GTAS
F-GTAU
F-GTAX
F-GTAZ

Last update: 18/08/2020

Print Wikipost

Inflight Wi-fi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well I took the Dreamliner today and there was no Boingo option. In fact there was no way to buy WiFi at all. I think there may have been a hacker on the plane or something. My browsers warned me that the site it was trying to go to payment.klm.com was not behaving correctly. I saw lots of strange errors. Even when I bypassed the security on my Mac it failed the TLS handshake and I never saw the payment page. So I fired up my packet decoder and found some rather strange things going on the network onboard. I may bring this up with AF.

It also said the site was trying to use HSTS. I found this a bit surprising...

payments.klm.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to payments.klm.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be payments.klm.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit payments.klm.com right now because the website uses HSTS.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
As per insideflyer:

Air France will introduce Gogo inflight internet for short, medium and long haul. Prices will be time-based or for the whole flight. Different speeds will be offered, from only chat-services to packages that allow streaming (eg Youtube).

Prices from 0 euro (Chat-services only), to 3 euro (short haul), 5 euro (medium haul), 18 euro (long haul) or 30 euro (long haul with streaming included).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
As per insideflyer:

Air France will introduce Gogo inflight internet for short, medium and long haul. Prices will be time-based or for the whole flight. Different speeds will be offered, from only chat-services to packages that allow streaming (eg Youtube).

Prices from 0 euro (Chat-services only), to 3 euro (short haul), 5 euro (medium haul), 18 euro (long haul) or 30 euro (long haul with streaming included).
Excellent news. The prices are attractive too.
rosensfole likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Finally!!!

They’ll see much more of me on their long haul flights (unless 2E deteriorates even further).
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
I was on AF256 CDG to SIN on Sep 27. The flight attendant passed out a note with instructions for complimentary Wifi (I was in La Premiere). I was able to select "Air France Wifi" from available networks. But when opening the browser, the AF portal did not appear, as specified in the instructions. (the next steps would be click on "go online" to access the DT hotspot portal, then enter the password from the note). The note also said that the offer is in collaboration with Panasonic and T Mobile. The flight attendant said she wasn't familiar with the new system but tried to look up more information on her tablet. However, those instructions talked about two other different wifi network names and said to enter either onboard.airfrance.com or another address in the browser; neither worked for me. However, I did receive a text message from "AeroMobile network brought to you by Air France" so there was some level of connection.
On the return flight on Sep 30, there was no wifi offered and there was no network available to my device.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
In case you have trouble accessing the landing page, try typing 1.1.1.1 as the URL. This triggers the portal / landing pages in a lot of cases. Also works well with airport WiFi where the portal does not show up.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Curious if there is a list of planes with wifi installed?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
What is the current wifi status of the A330-200 fleet?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Why are they charging for this in 2019?

Not even free for frequent flyers.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum
An A319 (F-GRHQ) seems to have been fitted with a WiFi dome. No idea if the equipment is active yet.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs up

it seems AF is progressing well with the Wifi on-board. My 2 last long-haul flights (CDG-DTW and ATL-CDG, both B772), had the new offer. It worked well and the free text system worked very well also. Here are the different offers available (free in P ) :

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:04 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Does anyone know if the A380 will have Wi Fi installed as well?

Last edited by SDQBound; Apr 23, 2019 at 9:09 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Does anyone know if the A380 will have Wi Fi installed as well?
I’m sure they will, but the question is when.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I’m sure they will, but the question is when.
Are you that certain? AF is very good in differentiating its offering across different aircraft types, for all kinds of reasons (different markets, different fuselage, different age, different whatever...). Just look how many different J class configs they have on longhaul, and that is by design as much as by accident.

Which leaves me doubtful that they'll install WiFi on board the (remaining) A380s.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I just went back to the AF website and it says “all fleet equipped by 2020” I would assume they will install it on the A380...But on AF’s timeline “by 2020” could mean summer 2027.
Zembla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.