Old May 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frausflyer
This is a list of sightings of AF planes with WiFi equipment. There may be others, this list only has the planes seen by FT forum members that report them here.

TOTAL FLEET (125/213- 59%)

LONG HAUL FLEET (56/99- 57%)

Boeing 787-900 (10/10)
All planes equipped with WiFi

Boeing 777-200ER (7/25)
F-GSPA
F-GSPD
F-GSPE
F-GSPF
F-GSPG
F-GSPH
F-GSPK

Boeing 777-300ER (21/43)
F-GSQA
F-GSQB
F-GSQC
F-GSQD
F-GSQE
F-GSQJ
F-GSQK
F-GSQL
F-GSQM
F-GSQN
F-GSQO
F-GSQP
F-GSQR
F-GSQT
F-GSQY
F-GZNB
F-GZNC
F-GZND
F-GZNE
F-GZNF
F-GZNG

Airbus A330-200 (12/15)
F-GZCA
F-GZCB
F-GZCC
F-GZCF
F-GZCG
F-GZCH
F-GZCI
F-GZCK
F-GZCL
F-GZCM
F-GZCN
F-GZCO

Airbus A350-900 (6/6)
All planes equipped with WiFi

SHORT/MEDIUM HAUL FLEET (69/114 - 61%)

​​​​​​Airbus A318 (7/18)
F-GUGC
F-GUGD
F-GUGE
F-GUGJ
F-GUGM
F-GUGN
F-GUGO

Airbus A319 (21/33)
F-GRHE
F-GRHF
F-GRHH
F-GRHL
F-GRHM
F-GRHN
F-GRHO
F-GRHQ
F-GRHR
F-GRHS
F-GRHT
F-GRHU
F-GRHV
F-GRHX
F-GRHY
F-GRHZ
F-GRXB
F-GRXC
F-GRXD
F-GRXF
F-GRXM

Airbus A320 (25/43)
F-GKXH
F-GKXK
F-GKXL
F-GKXM
F-GKXP
F-GKXQ
F-GKXS
F-GKXT
F-GKXU
F-GKXV
F-GKXY (Joon plane, not yet active but equipment installed and wifi stickers present onboard)
F-GKXZ
F-HBND
F-HBNH
F-HBNI
F-HBNJ
F-HBNK
F-HEPA
F-HEPB
F-HEPE
F-HEPF
F-HEPG
F-HEPH
F-HEPI
F-HEPJ
F-HEPK

Airbus 321 (16/20)
F-GMZA
F-GMZB
F-GZMC
F-GMZD
F-GTAD
F-GTAE
F-GTAJ
F-GTAM
F-GTAO
F-GTAQ
F-GTAP
F-GTAS
F-GTAU
F-GTAX
F-GTAZ

Last update: 18/08/2020

Print Wikipost

Inflight Wi-fi

Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Inflight Wi-fi

As far back as 2016. there was a plan to equip the AF fleet with 2Ku wifi. Anyone know the status of this project? Flying a bunch of intra-europe and one tatl segment next week. Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Only the B787 have WiFi.
kthomas likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:47 am

More details in that link (in French) :
https://www.afklm-biztravel.com/nos-...france-et-lkm/

3 offers on 787 as mentioned by Goldorak:
  • Small : 20Mb valid for 24h - 5€
  • Medium: 50Mb valid for 24h - 10€
  • Large : 200Mb valid for 24h - 30€
WIFI roll out on 777 and A330 will span until Summer 2021.

Fred
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Only the B787 have WiFi.
I had WiFi on a flight CDG-NRT last Year.
If "myFlightradar24" is right, it was F-GSQY a 77W
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Layh
I had WiFi on a flight CDG-NRT last Year.
If "myFlightradar24" is right, it was F-GSQY a 77W
they had 2 B77W with WiFi (for a few years), but I am not sure that its still working.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG

they had 2 B77W with WiFi (for a few years), but I am not sure that its still working.
F-GSQY does indeed have WiFi. Flew it a few weeks ago CDG-JFK.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
F-GSQY does indeed have WiFi. Flew it a few weeks ago CDG-JFK.
Oh wow! AF has a plane with WiFi
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
If it's the same Panasonic WiFi KLM has on their 787's, it's as good as no wi-fi ;-)
Overpriced, hardly working and a disgrace to call 200MB for 30 euros 'large'
kthomas likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Really pathetic if you think how for instance Lufthansa has equipped its entire long haul fleet with WiFi since years and sells access for a while flight (no capacity limitation) for 19 EUR, plus most of their Euro fleet is equipped by now and the full fleet will be equipped by the end of the summer. AF is behind
Zembla and joyu12 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Really pathetic if you think how for instance Lufthansa has equipped its entire long haul fleet with WiFi since years and sells access for a while flight (no capacity limitation) for 19 EUR, plus most of their Euro fleet is equipped by now and the full fleet will be equipped by the end of the summer. AF is behind
I said repeatedly to AF that their WiFi offers were totally unadapted as it is driven by data volume instead of connection time. The data volume offers are just ridiculous and overpriced. 200 Mo which is their max offer IIRC, represent just a few minutes of internet browsing on most sites (due to ads, videos, etc). The only good offers are the ones like US airlines or LH by time limit (1hr, flight duration, 24hrs).
AFKL are clearly behind on this, and I’m afraid they may conclude, based on their current offers, that there is no need for WiFi for the pax (because nobody buys it), while it’s the offer that is unadapted.
San Gottardo, joyu12 and Wunk like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:33 pm

AFKL are clearly behind on this, and Im afraid they may conclude, based on their current offers, that there is no need for WiFi for the pax (because nobody buys it), while its the offer that is unadapted.
If they think about people not buying anything I am happy to offer them a list of longhaul flights that I have taken on other carriers simply because they dont impose on me when i can or cannot do some productive work (or go online for pleasure, such as this site). I still go on the AF flights when scheduling leaves no other choice or the alternative is horrible (fly on UA, no thanks), and its always pleasant to fly with them, but the stress before and after to deal with what will possibly be happening or whats been happening in the 8-9 hours of flight is a major pain, as is the feeling of time lost on board. Which is back to the old AF philosophy, they think more about being pleasant to fly with than about being pleasant *and* practical to fly with.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:16 am

Just another question on the AF offering: the 787s, since they have WiFi, do they also have live TV? Just asking because that is what I have seen with Lufthansa for instance, they have had a live TV offering since a couple of years, since the installation of the second generation of their online offering.

Very pleasant yesterday, watched the entire France-Belgium match from 35,000 ft. Great picture quality, only one interruption for about 45 seconds, but other than that the same as watching it from sofa at home.

And given that I'll be onboard an Air France 787 when France plays the finals, I have that secret hope...
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I recently flew JFK-AMS-SIN-CDG-JFK. Of the four segments, two offered the Panasonic wifi system: AMS-SIN (PH-BVF, 772) and CDG-JFK (F-GSQY, 77W). The KL plane had wifi decals, but on AF you either had to hear the FA announcement or notice the wifi signal on your device.

Of course, I didn't use either as the pricing (5/20MB to 30/200MB) is absurd, and I have no idea what data my apps will use when I connect. (Also my goal was to sleep as much as possible.) Similarly, I didn't notice anyone on either flight using it. In comparison, on DL flights I'd say maybe 10% of the cabin goes online.

Interestingly, the system offers "Roaming Partner" logins. When I signed in using my Boingo account, I was offered a rate of 0.24/minute instead of the data capped rate. While still high (~15/hour), I'd be much more inclined to pay a per-minute price rather than a per-data price, especially if the price were closer to 0.10/minute (which is about what I used to pay for US domestic long distance telephone calls!).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Just another question on the AF offering: the 787s, since they have WiFi, do they also have live TV? Just asking because that is what I have seen with Lufthansa for instance, they have had a live TV offering since a couple of years, since the installation of the second generation of their online offering.

Very pleasant yesterday, watched the entire France-Belgium match from 35,000 ft. Great picture quality, only one interruption for about 45 seconds, but other than that the same as watching it from sofa at home.

And given that I'll be onboard an Air France 787 when France plays the finals, I have that secret hope...
no live TV !
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by bennos
Interestingly, the system offers "Roaming Partner" logins. When I signed in using my Boingo account, I was offered a rate of €0.24/minute instead of the data capped rate. While still high (~€15/hour), I'd be much more inclined to pay a per-minute price rather than a per-data price, especially if the price were closer to €0.10/minute (which is about what I used to pay for US domestic long distance telephone calls!).
What type of Boingo account do you have? I think mine is free and unlimited, but I'll be interested to try it out on an AF B789 that I just booked on.

I assume this is satellite and works everywhere? Even the NBO route?

Last edited by stimpy; Sep 5, 2018 at 1:55 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.