Wiki Posts
Search

AF B787-900 Dreamliner configuration revealed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Sorry Goldorak, I edited my previous post accordingly.
thank you
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
PTY will see B789 service (AF474/475) from 9 DEC.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...from-dec-2017/
Wow. We were one of the first destinations to get BEST and now we will be spoiled with 789. I think I will actually book the first 789 departure out of PTY. I have a ticket on PTY-CDG for December 15th rigth now, but need to hit Europe earlier anyways, due to work.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:16 am

This aircraft is will be assigned to the YYZ route beginning Nov 20th.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...from-nov-2017/
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Does anyone have an information on a B789 route being added to or replacing the 777 service from LAX to CDG?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Does anyone have an information on a B789 route being added to or replacing the 777 service from LAX to CDG?
LAX has not been announced (yet ?) as a B789 destination. I don't know if we'll see this module on this route, but if it happens, I bet it will be on the flight continuing to PPT.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: FB Gold
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am going to be based out of LYS for a few weeks so I was thinking about flying the 787 on the CDG - LYS route. Does anyone know how they attribute the Y cabin seats? I cannot seem to be able to book a Y ticket for this flight, which makes sense given that AF doesn't operate one for domestic flights.

I didn't even know about this but got all excited when I saw this beautiful bird on the tarmac this morning!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am going to be based out of LYS for a few weeks so I was thinking about flying the 787 on the CDG - LYS route. Does anyone know how they attribute the Y cabin seats? I cannot seem to be able to book a Y ticket for this flight, which makes sense given that AF doesn't operate one for domestic flights.
I used it once in late June, from LYS to CDG. For what I saw, everybody was spaced out - sometimes only one pax per row, it's that huge.
Even with the summer and all the leisure travels, I would expect the 787 to be as empty on your time schedule: too early for LYS people to arrive at CDG from a long-haul flight, LYS isn't as much a leisure destination (the town is quite empty right now, no traffic jam whatsoever), I also don't expect business meetings at Lyon on holidays. LYS is quite doomed, as the crazily expensive shuttle makes planes way less appealing (unless you use Blablacar to reach the airport!), and the trains more so.

You don't even have the time to watch a full movie on this flight, even if you start prior departure, unless it's a Disney movie and you cut off all the songs then it's doable.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
I flew the 787 last Saturday morning on CDG-LYS, and it was not very full (cannot make an educated guess in terms of percentage). I was sitting in exit row 30 which was not too bad but wondered if it would have been possible to get the Premium Economy seats as well (I suppose they AF is only selling Y and C on the route).

On a side note, the Rhonexpress is really very expensive and on the return to the airport did not depart the station Part Dieu because of some obstacles on the route. A lot of passengers including me where forced to take a taxi then.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by HeartFist
On a side note, the Rhonexpress is really very expensive and on the return to the airport did not depart the station Part Dieu because of some obstacles on the route. A lot of passengers including me where forced to take a taxi then.
The scamexpress becomes cheaper if you book it 2 months in advance (10€ per single trip). This line is still there for 20 more years, and has the monopoly on the downtown<->LYS road. Would any alternative try to exist, not only the airport staff would mislead you so to not find it, the Scamexpress owner would also go into trial for breaking the monopoly.

When I only have one hand luggage and nobody can drop me, I go for 4-6€ per trip on Blablacar. Quite random to get a convenient meeting point, sadly. I'd take that rather than support this scam.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Stampy
This aircraft is will be assigned to the YYZ route beginning Nov 20th.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...from-nov-2017/
I will fly to YYZ one week before so I won't get the 787
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I hope AF will follow KLM and will put 787 on SFO-CDG route eventually instead of those NEV4 777.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I hope AF will follow KLM and will put 787 on SFO-CDG route eventually instead of those NEV4 777.
I doubt it. Too small module for AF on this route most of the year.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I doubt it. Too small module for AF on this route most of the year.
I don't know how the load factors are like on the second daily flight during the summer schedule but would the 789 be a good fit for this one? They do already operate BEST on the second daily with a 777 most days though.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by HeartFist
I flew the 787 last Saturday morning on CDG-LYS, and it was not very full (cannot make an educated guess in terms of percentage). I was sitting in exit row 30 which was not too bad but wondered if it would have been possible to get the Premium Economy seats as well (I suppose they AF is only selling Y and C on the route).
I'm flying this tomorrow and I assigned myself seat 7A. Apparently, Premium Cabin seats are sold as "Seat Plus" so only had to pay 7.5€. A no-brainer if you ask me.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:10 am

Deleted

Last edited by Stampy; Sep 13, 2017 at 12:11 am Reason: Wrong thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.