Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"HOP!" will be new name of merged AF regional airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
No idea. Reminds me of ni-ni of late 20th century French politics.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you sure it wasn't the other way round? As far as I know, a flight earning 0 miles has always earned 0 segments. However, for French residents (except abonnes) for a long time, you have been able to earn miles but no qualifying segments. Also eligible non-skyteam partner flights (e.g. JL, MH, etc) will earn you 0 segments but some award miles.
Well, I'm pretty sure actually, however this happened several years ago, right after I was moved from FlyingDutchman to FlyingBlue - perhaps an early days system glitch?
And sure, the other way arounds happens frequently.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Just received confirmation from AF of what we were told previously by senior executives:

So you do get the extra baggage benefit on the cheapest fares both with Air France Mini fares and Hop! for Air France Basic fares. ^

Edited to add that the extra baggage benefit is specifically not extended to SkyTeam Elite+ customers from other FFPs as HOP! is currently not part of SkyTeam.
It would be nice to have this detailed on the "HOP" site.
Is a link available yet?

Found link: http://www.flyingblue.com/news/1421/...n-flights.html

Last edited by lowestpaidsap; May 14, 2013 at 3:13 am Reason: update
Old May 14, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
I am confused about level miles with Hop flights.
On FB site it is written that miles are only award:
http://www.flyingblue.com/earn-miles...r/211/hop.html
But the contrary is written in the TA link I mentioned earlier
https://www.afkl.biz/FR/fr/local/pro...DF/HOP_biz.pdf

I just have call FB to know exactly what's the point: only Maxi Flex fare earn level miles.

What is true?
Old May 21, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
flights are 1 month from today. I still have the original ticket receipts showing AF flight #s. I am sure Delta will give me a retrocredit, but I am curious if it credits automatically. Interestingly, HOP flights on a Delta issued ticket still show w/ AF flight #s.
retro-credit w/ Delta was processed within a few hours
Old May 23, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I saw my first HOP plane last week when I arrived to LYS on a KL flight. I was the first to leave, but we were waiting for stairs to be pulled to the aircraft. Somehow it felt I should just hop out of the aircraft :P
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by delanotre
I am confused about level miles with Hop flights.
On FB site it is written that miles are only award:
http://www.flyingblue.com/earn-miles...r/211/hop.html
But the contrary is written in the TA link I mentioned earlier
https://www.afkl.biz/FR/fr/local/pro...DF/HOP_biz.pdf

I just have call FB to know exactly what's the point: only Maxi Flex fare earn level miles.

What is true?
After two flights, as I confirm in an other thread, Maxi Flex flights earn level and award miles , posted two days after.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This whole situation is ridiculous. Are we gluttons for punishment?

I booked a flight months ago, before I had even heard of "HOP!". I was told the flight will earn miles on the booking website (and count as a qualifying segment, and I can pick my seat at OLCI). Now it has magically converted into a no-miles-earning HOP! flight. If it wasn't for this thread, I probably wouldn't even have noticed until I tried to check-in. No one even had the courtesy to write to me or e-mail me to say the operating carrier has changed and some services paid for in the ticket price will be withdrawn.

In January I was pushing to re-qualify this year. I will take the train next time.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
After two flights, as I confirm in an other thread, Maxi Flex flights earn level and award miles , posted two days after.
What about Basic Plus fares? The website says "400 miles offered". I do not like the wording. Are they award miles or status miles? Is it qualifying segment?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
What about Basic Plus fares? The website says "400 miles offered". I do not like the wording. Are they award miles or status miles? Is it qualifying segment?
For BasicPlus fares we have to wait a FT'er flying with that fare to know exactly. Perhaps in july for me, depending on my company, I'll post as soon as possible.

´Qualifying Flight´ is defined as the flights being made on Air France, KLM, SkyTeam Partners and any Airline Partner designated as such in FB Communication, excluding domestic flights in France made by Members having provided in his account a mailing address in mainland France or Monaco (except for those who have a Metropolitan France Discount Pass), for which both Level Miles and Award Miles can be earned.
Excepted "offre Mini" and on Chalair and Twinjet (only award miles)
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORY-SXB, HOP! Written on the aircraft, flight operated by Brit Air for Air France how amusing!
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
For BasicPlus fares we have to wait a FT'er flying with that fare to know exactly. Perhaps in july for me, depending on my company, I'll post as soon as possible.

By any chance, does anybody has the experience by now?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
"HOP!" will be new name of merged AF regional airlines

On the topic of HOP: I read an article today in ATW Air transport world, where an expert said "I understand where Air France is coming from, but it's like making an elephant dance ballet"
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
On the topic of HOP: I read an article today in ATW Air transport world, where an expert said "I understand where Air France is coming from, but it's like making an elephant dance ballet"
Make it a three-legged elephant!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:06 am

I'm still missing the experience of hopping on a HOP flight, while I'm still puzzled about their FB earning scheme. The information on the FB website is somewhat ambiguous.
My specific question is whether it is true that only the Maxi Flex fares earn level miles / qualifying segments or if Basic Plus does as well.
Probably the answer is already somewhere here on FT. Apologies in that case - I couldn't find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.