Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Choice benefits

OK, I only have 1 item listed beside choice benefits:

Eligible Flight Pass Activities

which is a hyperlink that doesn't open anything. Then another hyperlink for Learn More underneath which lists all 9 choice benefits:

5000 Air Canada Status Bonus Miles
Bonus Aeroplan Miles on Selected Flights in 2007
2 Air Canada Special System-Wide Upgrade Certificates
2,500 Air Canada Status Mile Bonus for Eligible Flight Pass Activities†
2 Air Canada Special System-Wide Upgrade Certificates for Eligible Flight Pass Activities†*
4 Air Canada System-Wide Upgrade Certificates*
2 Air Canada System-Wide Upgrade Certificates
6 Maple Leaf/Arrivals Lounge One-Time Guest Passes*
6 Air Canada North America Upgrade Certificates*

I don't think I am getting any of these. What are other newly minted SEs seeing?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:27 am

I see the same thing when I log onto to Aeroplan - that my status is Super Elite, and I am only at 98k status miles as a flight from yesterday hasn't posted yet. I guess that means I could have had SE for 98k this round. I am on a couple upgrade wait lists so I called to have them update my profile to reflect the new status, which I am happy about as I think it may help greatly.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by flyeryvr
I see the same thing when I log onto to Aeroplan - that my status is Super Elite, and I am only at 98k status miles as a flight from yesterday hasn't posted yet. I guess that means I could have had SE for 98k this round. I am on a couple upgrade wait lists so I called to have them update my profile to reflect the new status, which I am happy about as I think it may help greatly.
I spoke today to AC reservations line. They said my status still shows E even though Aeroplan has changed it. She tried to delete and then re imput my #. It didnt work. The agent called the Aeroplan office. It seems these were all loaded in last 2 days. Between Dec. 6-8 they will all be uplinked from the marketing dept. to the reservation logic. ^
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
To the last few posters who reported getting the status recognition on the AP website, it appears as though the following is happening once again, as per the first post in this thread:

Originally Posted by zorn
Early Status "Lite"

In past experience if you cross the status mile threshold after the early recognition deadline, you will not receive the full early status benefits (like card and upgrade certs), but you will be recognized with your new status on the Aeroplan website, on your boarding passes (see above), and in dealings with AP/AC on the phone and via the website. You might very well get into AC lounges with your boarding pass and a printout from the website, but not necessarily. And you are quite unlikely to get Star Alliance Gold benefits without your Elite card in hand.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
OK, I only have 1 item listed beside choice benefits:

Eligible Flight Pass Activities

which is a hyperlink that doesn't open anything. Then another hyperlink for Learn More underneath which lists all 9 choice benefits:

I don't think I am getting any of these. What are other newly minted SEs seeing?
I got the exact same thing, link doesn't work. I don't really care that I won't get a package, since I wasn't ever expecting one.

Originally Posted by zorn
To the last few posters who reported getting the status recognition on the AP website, it appears as though the following is happening once again, as per the first post in this thread:
This does indeed appear to be the case. Just by chance, 2 nights ago, I looked on the AE website for J tickets on AC to SYD (I don't have any current plans to go, I just wanted to see what it would cost as I would like to). There was only ClassicPLus and it was 900,000+ for 2 tickets. Once I saw the SE on my profile last night, I tried it again, with IKK it was only 230,000. (I didn't think the AE site would actually work properly). I know that people complain that IKK has been watered down, but for me as a new SE it still seems like a pretty sweet benefit. I might have to see how I can burn some miles in case this benefit gets reduced again for 2008.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I wasn't this morning, but I am this afternoon!

I was sure I wasn't going to get it until January since I crossed the threshold on Nov 15th.

AWESOME! So what's the secret handshake?
Mine changed over to SE sometime today as well. Got on a flight today but boarding pass still indicates E.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:00 pm

I crossed the E threshold on 1-December, but am still showing P. I didn't expect it to change, so no worries. I wonder if it will change in the next couple of weeks.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum
So annoyed, at this point by the end of the week I'll be at 79K miles. I had to take two trips this year on non *A (no availability/schedule) which would have me over 100K.

Don't think I have enough time to squeeze in a mileage run either and have the points posted before Dec 31.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by tw1tch
Don't think I have enough time to squeeze in a mileage run either and have the points posted before Dec 31.
The points don't have to post by Dec 31 - you just have to fly the miles. They do a sweep in early/mid January to pick up the late mile postings. Only down side is that you won't get an early package from AC.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by threeputt
Mine changed over to SE sometime today as well. Got on a flight today but boarding pass still indicates E.
The system does not "refresh" your status once your AE number has been entered. In order to get your new status to show on reservations made while you had your "old" status, you need to have your AE number removed from the file and then put in again. You can do this yourself for online bookings or call AC. As somebody else posted it might take a day or two for your new status to migrate from AE to AC.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:21 pm

Althout my status changed to SE on aeroplan a day ago, air canada reservations (as was discussed earlier) didn't have it in their system and couldn't update it. This was important as I just moments ago entered the 7 day window to confirm an upgrade LHR-YVR and there is only one I inventory available. So, after the agent told me I would have to wait until 4 days before I could request an upgrade due to the fact I appear as Elite in their system, I asked if he could manually check with aeroplan re: my status. He seemed doubtful but after a minute on hold he had confirmed that my status had changed to SE and was able to confirm the upgrade. Needless to say I am pleased with how this all worked out! And although I have never had a problem getting upgrades as Elite (even from SYD recently) it has often come down to the wire, so I look forward to taking the SE status for a spin and seeing if it makes a difference (I am a newbie).
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Could anyone who did the early status recognition dance (successfully or otherwise) please look over the first post in this thread to see if it is still accurate.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 2:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Looks OK to me. "October 15," is the official date but as we learned this year, they unofficially would say end of October and some people earned early recognition full packages even into November . . .
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
If you select bonus status miles, it counts for the current benefit year.
What happens if I choose bonus status miles during early recognition, then bonus status miles again when I get to choose my package again in January?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knifemein
What happens if I choose bonus status miles during early recognition, then bonus status miles again when I get to choose my package again in January?
Then you just wasted a choice.

All miles will be credited based on your second (higher) status. Problem is you could have got some extra certs if you had not chosen that option on the first go round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.