Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay so AC 198 on Saturday September 14 (departing 2355) took me over 50k. It posted on Tuesday September 17, and I was immediately able to see my new status on the Altitude website, and select my privileges.

eUps have not shown up yet.

Will I get more MLL passes?

I'd also like to note that the E35K priority phone numbers are the same as E50K. It's something I had been wondering, so I don't think it's been discussed here before.

Edit: My same day change accidentally put me in Y (from V) on a YVR-YUL, so I got a nice little 572 AQM bonus there

Last edited by canadiancow; Sep 17, 2013 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Does the early status cutoff date of 15 Oct only apply to people with no status?
I am E35. I will be E50 either 15 Oct or early Nov. So is there a hard cutoff of 15 Oct or will I likely receive E50 status sometime in Nov? I have a TATL flight in Dec which I would like to try and upg which is the only reason a early status recognition would matter.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
Does the early status cutoff date of 15 Oct only apply to people with no status?
I am E35. I will be E50 either 15 Oct or early Nov. So is there a hard cutoff of 15 Oct or will I likely receive E50 status sometime in Nov? I have a TATL flight in Dec which I would like to try and upg which is the only reason a early status recognition would matter.
It applies to everyone. Historically, the date has been sometime after October 15.

Also historically (before my time here), they have done sweeps to give you a "soft" status, where you wouldn't receive a full package, but your status would be upgraded in their system. I believe these have been as late as December.

Plan for October 15, and be thankful if you can get full (or any) recognition later.

Personally, I have flights on October 19th, but I'm thinking about taking the 1500 AQM 60k threshold bonus (very soon), as well as lengthening the routing of my Thanksgiving flights, to ensure I cross 75k by the 15th. I still haven't quite made up my mind on this (I don't need those miles to hit 100k by the end of the year), but it would be nice if my trips after this were planned more for convenience than for ease of upgrading
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Ugh, I don't have any more flights until October 25th where I will pass 50,000. Anybody have any recommendations for a 1,600 mile mileage run for cheap?

Cheers
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay so AC 198 on Saturday September 14 (departing 2355) took me over 50k. It posted on Tuesday September 17, and I was immediately able to see my new status on the Altitude website, and select my privileges.

I'd also like to note that the E35K priority phone numbers are the same as E50K. It's something I had been wondering, so I don't think it's been discussed here before.

Edit: My same day change accidentally put me in Y (from V) on a YVR-YUL, so I got a nice little 572 AQM bonus there
I have crossed E50K and E75K already this year:

The eUps take 1-2 days.

You will get more passes if that's what you chose. When I passed E75K I chose on board cafe coupons because 4 more MLL passes were of no value to go with the other 2 batches I already have. I can't seem to give them away.

The phone numbers change at E75K. I guess AC treats E35K and E50K as the same priority when calling in.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by lowside67
Ugh, I don't have any more flights until October 25th where I will pass 50,000. Anybody have any recommendations for a 1,600 mile mileage run for cheap?

Cheers
I just got an email about cheap SFO-YVR fares ($115 each way), and that route is exactly 800 miles one way

$230 for 1600 miles isn't exactly great, but it might be the cheapest/easiest out of YVR for what you need. Although I'd wait for the new EYW promotion to be announced, so that you might earn some bonuses.

Eligible dates for this promotion*:
Advance purchase: purchase at least 10 days prior to your departure date
Travel dates:

between Thu 26-Sep, 2013 and Mon 16-Dec, 2013 or
between Mon 6-Jan, 2014 and Wed 12-Feb, 2014
Travel days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Grr I am still waiting for miles for
  • eligible flight pass activity (bought on Friday) (AQM)
  • Sunday flight (AQM)
  • early July eStore purchase (AE miles only)
I expect the 50k will come with my return flight on Saturday, but at this rate it may be weeks before those post.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Grr I am still waiting for miles for
  • eligible flight pass activity (bought on Friday) (AQM)
  • Sunday flight (AQM)
  • early July eStore purchase (AE miles only)
I expect the 50k will come with my return flight on Saturday, but at this rate it may be weeks before those post.
I wouldn't expect a Sunday flight to post until Wednesday

I have two Sunday flights I'm waiting for.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Sunday flight did post but my flight pass activities didn't yet.

The dashboard informs me I'm less than 5,000 mi away from 50K, and if I reach it before October 15, the "new status will kick in immediately". (No mention of any extended period of consideration but we wouldn't expect them to encourage people to take their time.)
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:01 am

40 eUps showed up Wednesday September 18
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:53 am

So I have a United flight this weekend, before I can check my mail (not that my new card would have arrived yet).

How do I get *G to show up online on the reservation? Even after removing my AP number altogether, it's still saying I'm *S. Will this pull in the new status at check-in?

Am I going to have trouble getting into the United Club, if my boarding pass says *G, but my card says *S, or will they accept "I have *G, as you can see in your system, but I just haven't received the new card yet."
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
So I have a United flight this weekend, before I can check my mail (not that my new card would have arrived yet).

How do I get *G to show up online on the reservation? Even after removing my AP number altogether, it's still saying I'm *S. Will this pull in the new status at check-in?

Am I going to have trouble getting into the United Club, if my boarding pass says *G, but my card says *S, or will they accept "I have *G, as you can see in your system, but I just haven't received the new card yet."
Could it be that AC's system hasn't sync'd with whatever UA is using?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: AC AP (dD), AC E35, BA, Marriott Silver
Bleh. I won't be crossing the threshold until Oct 27th. Looks like I'll have to wait until January for my recognition. Fingers crossed for the aforementioned "soft" upgrade in December.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
40 eUps showed up Wednesday September 18
And what date does those expire?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by YQMer
Could it be that AC's system hasn't sync'd with whatever UA is using?
Maybe. I checked in today, and the BP says Star Silver.

If it hasn't changed my status by tonight, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I was hoping I could just go to the lounge with a *G BP and a *S card, but going with *S on both and asking to be let in with "Trust me, I'm *G!" doesn't sound like it will work

Originally Posted by kwflyer
And what date does those expire?
Feb 28 2014, as expected. But if the Earn Your Wings promotion is good, I'll need them all

Also, I owe a considerable number to another FTer who fronted me some for the last EYW contest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.