Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
foolish really. I have been able to do it by showing what the going fare is and at worst it has been break-even. I've used some credits for personal and some for different business, so I reimburse as I consume.
When I worked at a 5 person company, I could have done this, because I'd explain it to my boss, and he'd look at the numbers, and approve it.

Now, the overhead of not booking through our corporate system is just ridiculous. It automatically checks to make sure it meets all corporate policies, and that it's one of the lower fares, etc. To expense 1/10th of a flight pass would be so much effort, even if it saves a hundred dollars.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:36 pm

Okay so I just called United, and they said I was showing *S. I asked the agent to remove my number and add it back, and now it's showing *G

So it took at most 10 days from it showing up on the Altitude site to it showing up in United's system.

Now I just have to hope I'm allowed in with a *S card and *G on my BP (or that my E50K card shows up by Thursday)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You are STILL waiting for the card? You made it a week before me, so I had hoped you'd get the card sooner. Keep us posted on your timeline. I am not flying UA until the 17th so not worried yet.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Now I just have to hope I'm allowed in with a *S card and *G on my BP (or that my E50K card shows up by Thursday)
I think either on the AP or Altitude site, you can do a "mobile card" that reflects the *G. If it helps manage your expectations, I haven't been asked for my *G card the whole year. They just scan the barcode and I'm in.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
I think either on the AP or Altitude site, you can do a "mobile card" that reflects the *G. If it helps manage your expectations, I haven't been asked for my *G card the whole year. They just scan the barcode and I'm in.
They wouldn't accept the card on the Altitude site when my BP said *S, but I hope that since it will now say *G, I'll be fine.

flyquiet, it's been 10 days since my status changed. That's not a long time
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
I hit 95 AQS on Wednesday Sept. 18 and it was posted on the 20th. I've still not received my email about selecting privileges. @ACAltitude just said I'd get it "soon". That was a week ago. Any others have a sense of how long this should take or who I should contact?

Last edited by shareski; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:17 pm
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by shareski
I hit 95 AQS on Wednesday Sept. 18 and it was posted on the 20th. I've still not received my email about selecting privileges. @ACAltitude just said I'd get it "soon". That was a week ago. Any others have a sense of how long this should take or who I should contact?
Have you tried just logging in? I don't think I got an email for 50k.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
As canadiancow mentioned, there isn't a need to wait for the email. Just log onto the Altitude site and you should see a link if in fact they've updated your status.

Same goes with threshold gifts. I have recevied the email notification, but that usually came after I selected my options.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:26 am

Question Early Recognition Q's

I am sorry if this has been brought up before but I read through several threads and went through searches and could not clearly find my answer.

I was recognized early as a e50k about a week ago. I noticed on my tags and eupgrade portal page that my status and eups expire Feb of 2014.

Can someone please verify if I will still continue to hold the e50k status until the end 2014? Also, will all of my eups expire in Feb of 2014 as well or will they be valid up until the end of 2014?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:41 am
alc

You will be E50K until Feb 2015.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by alc
You will be E50K until Feb 2015.
Thank you . I am assuming I get new tags then early next year? What about my eups?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: Free Agent
you can see when your eups expire in the AC eupgrade account screen. The batch assigned at any time in 2013 will expire end of Feb 14; then the ones you choose for 2014 will appear with an expiration date of Feb 2015.
The challenge for me has always been booking flights for early march time frame when the system is transitioning.
re tags- assuming you chose your E50 privileges and verified your name/address choice, your tags for 2013 will be sent by mail shortly (weeks in AC speak); then new ones with the 2015 expiry sometime early next year.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by canolakid
you can see when your eups expire in the AC eupgrade account screen. The batch assigned at any time in 2013 will expire end of Feb 14; then the ones you choose for 2014 will appear with an expiration date of Feb 2015.
The challenge for me has always been booking flights for early march time frame when the system is transitioning.
re tags- assuming you chose your E50 privileges and verified your name/address choice, your tags for 2013 will be sent by mail shortly (weeks in AC speak); then new ones with the 2015 expiry sometime early next year.
Thanks!! The tags I just received have the Feb 2014 date, so I will await the new ones early next year.

As for the eups, the expiry shown is Feb of 2014 as well (150 days left), but I guess I will wait and see what happens at that point. Hopefully they transfer over.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by bueller20
Thanks!! The tags I just received have the Feb 2014 date, so I will await the new ones early next year.

As for the eups, the expiry shown is Feb of 2014 as well (150 days left), but I guess I will wait and see what happens at that point. Hopefully they transfer over.
No, they do not transfer over,
Any unused as of Feb 28, 2014 will expire.
You will get new ones when you select your 2014 package - those will
expire Feb 2015.
And any ones you earn starting around Dec of this year will also have a 2015
expiry ( This is not a written benefit, just a freebie from AC).
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
No, they do not transfer over,
Any unused as of Feb 28, 2014 will expire.
You will get new ones when you select your 2014 package - those will
expire Feb 2015.
And any ones you earn starting around Dec of this year will also have a 2015
expiry ( This is not a written benefit, just a freebie from AC).
Gotcha! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.