Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: AC Elite
That's great news to hear that the "real" date is still 31 October. I'm in SFO right now, with 34,719 miles, and flying home *after* the 15th. It would have really sucked if I had missed early status based on that, but nice to hear I should be OK.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Everything seemed to work seamlessly.

Points all posted yesterday.

Was automatically made SE overnight.

Allowed me to pick my package benefits: 2 SSWUs, 100% bonus miles, 2 SWUS, lounge passes, SSWUs for flight pass purchase

3-4 weeks for package to arrive (I expect sooner, but we shall see . . .)^
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Thumbs down Early SE status

Why does AC give anybody an instant Elite memebership when they purchase an unlimimited pass but not there current and long serving customers.

I like you am going to achieve SE status this year. To date I have 86K status miles and I have a flight to LHR in 3 weeks not to mention the addition monthly status miles from my pass. Since I won't have 1000K effective Oct.15I can't have my status this year. I have asked Aeroplan to look into this and todate I have no heard a word. Aeroplan gives anybody and instant Elite membership when you buy this pass but not to someone who is already an Elite member. BY Nov.15th I will be over 100K. By Dec.31 I will have about 130K in Status miles but since I dont have 100K now I am told that my status to SE wont kick in until Mar.08
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:47 am

Programs: AC Elite
Just to confirm. My flight taken on the 17th just posted overnight, and with it came my new instant Elite status. So, it appears like the real date is Oct 31st, not 15th, just like BlondeBomber said. I'm a newbie Elite and lovin' it!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:57 am
Original Member

Not sure why Aeroplan can't recognize at any time during the year and get on a rolling tier status recognition (likely because they continually change the benefits and who could keep track?)

Anyway, just another note for those who have passed the bar. Your E or P status will show on boarding passes for a while still even though you have been recognized as SE or E. According to AC, the files show correctly when it comes to upgrade priority etc but boarding passes still print incorrectly.

Will continue to monitor but so far so good.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Silvercity
By Dec.31 I will have about 130K in Status miles but since I dont have 100K now I am told that my status to SE wont kick in until Mar.08
I wouldn't worry too much. I think the real issue is that at some point they want to stop having to send out the 2007 packages and give the 2007 bonuses. Plus, any of us would probably complain if you got the certificates for 2007 in late January if you qualified in December and they were only valid for a few weeks

ms. last year qualified for SE during the last week of December and her status was instantly updated, but she just didn't get a 2006 package. I doubt they changed it - seeing as they won't give you this year's package, what's the harm in making the status take effect Jan 1?
Old Oct 20, 2007, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Your E or P status will show on boarding passes for a while still even though you have been recognized as SE or E. According to AC, the files show correctly when it comes to upgrade priority etc but boarding passes still print incorrectly.
The status on the boarding pass is based on the status at the time the Aeroplan number is entered in the system - usually when the ticket was purchased. If you want the status to show correctly on the BP, just remove your Aeroplan number from the booking then put it back in.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Anyway, just another note for those who have passed the bar. Your E or P status will show on boarding passes for a while still even though you have been recognized as SE or E. According to AC, the files show correctly when it comes to upgrade priority etc but boarding passes still print incorrectly.
The alternative to correct this is to ask your friendly MLL attendant to change it and reprint your BP. They have the power but not the desire.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:11 pm
Original Member

I don't care what it says on my BP, just as long as the file is correct for standby priority, upgrade priority. That seems to be OK.

My SE designation showed all the way until the end of March this year even though it had expired end of February. This included flights booked after February 28. Not sure it made any difference to my priority though (not that I had any problems in seven months as Elite, other than perhaps reduced priority on YVR-HKG flights.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I wouldn't worry too much. I think the real issue is that at some point they want to stop having to send out the 2007 packages and give the 2007 bonuses. Plus, any of us would probably complain if you got the certificates for 2007 in late January if you qualified in December and they were only valid for a few weeks

ms. last year qualified for SE during the last week of December and her status was instantly updated, but she just didn't get a 2006 package. I doubt they changed it - seeing as they won't give you this year's package, what's the harm in making the status take effect Jan 1?
Thanks Great Advice.
Its just that I have 2 International flights coming up. 1 to Europe and 1 to Asia. It would be nice to have the early status. I am stand by for my flight coming home from HKG in late Dec. I will have 100K by Nov.10th.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Got early E status today.^ My Oct 26th flight put me over 35K. Wonder if I should change my handle?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:45 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Can anyone help me to confirm:

I have no status with AC right now.
I have a scheduled RT flight at the beginning of Dec will put me over 25k.

Then I will have anther RT flight departing before Xmas, coming back either Dec 31 or early Jan. This RT flight will be around 12k miles.

I guess it doesnt matter whether my last seg is in dec07 or Jan08. Is that right?
As long as I get 35k before March 1 08. I will get Prestige/Elite08 on and only on March 1 next year anyway?

Or does AC go with calendar year in term of mile accumulation instead, which means I will have to flight before Dec 31 to get Elite?

Thank a lot!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:13 am
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
You need 35K or more (and not slightly less) for the calendar year, so it does matter when you start your last leg.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:11 am

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
For Elite you need to get 35K before Jan 1, 2008 to secure status from March 2008 to Feb 2009. You will certainly get Prestige for 2008 but I would try and fly on Dec 31 and go for Elite. You’re so close!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
Any exceptions to the rules?

Does anyone think it worth the time/effort to request early recognition of SE based on my current milage (92,625) added to the fact that I am under contract on an unlimted flight pass for November? Heck I'd pay the bill this month if it made it better... any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.