Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: AC*E
Thanks anti! I coudn't figure out why they couldn't credit my YVR-YYZ flight either (because my trip wasn't done), but wasn't going to tug at that threat that day :P

Originally Posted by anti_ice
You have PM. I received some excellent service from an AP supervisor when the 3 month posting delays attributable caused by their new and "improved" audit system were going to cause me to not get certs in time for a flight. They can manually enter the flights on the spot, if they are sufficiently motivated to do so.

I have gotten some great service from AP...I usually just have to push for it. Great service is not their default state but it is available.

Oh and from my calcs, I think the YVR-YYZ leg would NOT be enough so you might want to check that. Also, I am not clear what "your not being done" has anything to do with a leg flown on Sept. 15th posting now. The leg should normally post as they are taken.

For something like this, really only if you have flights left to take this year, then pushing for early elite would be worth some effort on your part.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: aeroplan SE
Question Early recognition package dates?

Hello! I early qualified for E in September (went from 0 to 35K in 6 months). Received my E card which says it expires Feb 29, 2008. Will I get a new one (+coupons) or did I miss the extra year qualification somehow? Sorry if this post is in wrong place...

Many thanks - this forum is great!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by yyz2fra-shuttle
Hello! I early qualified for E in September (went from 0 to 35K in 6 months). Received my E card which says it expires Feb 29, 2008. Will I get a new one (+coupons) or did I miss the extra year qualification somehow? Sorry if this post is in wrong place...

Many thanks - this forum is great!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Buried in the first post in this thread:

So, if you were to qualify in October, you will receive a stack of upgrade certs that expire at the end of the next February. The good news is that in January you will get to choose your package all over again and you will get certs good for the whole year.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: aeroplan SE
My apologies & thanks!
C\\\
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by yyz2fra-shuttle
My apologies & thanks!
C\\\
No need to apologize.

I had to read it twice and wrote the thing to begin with!

Maybe I'll redo the first post now that we're in early recognition high season.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG, HH
Hi..

I just made elite for the first time. I made the early status recognition and made my selections for the package about 2-3 weeks ago. I've been waiting patiently for the package to arrive. Today I received in the mail only the 2 SWU's. Is it normal for everything to arrive separately?

More importantly, I'm awaiting the 2 SSWU's and luggage tags and elite card to arrive.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:14 pm

SWU's

Originally Posted by uni818
Hi..

I just made elite for the first time. I made the early status recognition and made my selections for the package about 2-3 weeks ago. I've been waiting patiently for the package to arrive. Today I received in the mail only the 2 SWU's. Is it normal for everything to arrive separately?

More importantly, I'm awaiting the 2 SSWU's and luggage tags and elite card to arrive.
Looks like you must have passed a threshold for the 2 bonus extra SWU's; you will recieve your other package separately to this one.

Everytime you pass a threshold of miles flown you will be sent more SWU's fly alot and you will get 2 SSWU's.

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
That is the way it worked with me. Got my elite "package" (card, tags, and various choice certs in a booklet format) last Friday, and received my set of 2 SWUs for mileage (>20K) yesterday. It was almost 3 weeks from selection to delivery for me.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 8:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
anti-ice you have PM--will be requalified for SE Oct 13 but want to ensure I get everything credited quickly to meet Oct 15 "cutoff". I am pretty sure there will be some flexibility but one never knows.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: AC-Elite, SPG-Gold
OK simple question, which i cant seem to find the answer to:

current (Oct 15th) im on 28k miles (no early prestige recognition)
next week (oct 27th) ill be on 36k miles (so miss the cut-off for early elite recog)
Nov - flying an additional 8k miles

Question: in order for me to "maintain" my elite status next year, will the 8k miles flown in Nov count for my 2008 year? or do i start from zero on 1/1/08?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by ds7777
OK simple question, which i cant seem to find the answer to:

current (Oct 15th) im on 28k miles (no early prestige recognition)
next week (oct 27th) ill be on 36k miles (so miss the cut-off for early elite recog)
Nov - flying an additional 8k miles

Question: in order for me to "maintain" my elite status next year, will the 8k miles flown in Nov count for my 2008 year? or do i start from zero on 1/1/08?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, no. I wish that was the case myself.
Status miles flown up to Dec 31 are reset to zero on Jan 1.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Also posted on another thread but should be here:

For those of you on the early recognition track . . .

I am on the phone with Aeroplan right now and the agent indicated that although the website says October 15, October 31st is the real deadline for them internally. So no worries for me and many others I suspect. The agent indicated that they would manually enter ticket numbers and flights into the system if they didn't post correctly. They would have done it for me today but I didn't want to abuse my privileges so I said I would wait for them to post manually. With the extended deadline I can wait a day or two since I am not flying again until the 18th.

I have a lot of travel coming up in the next few months so getting back to SE will be of significant benefit. This will mean that I have had SE in every year since 1998!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Also posted on another thread but should be here:

For those of you on the early recognition track . . .

I am on the phone with Aeroplan right now and the agent indicated that although the website says October 15, October 31st is the real deadline for them internally. So no worries for me and many others I suspect. The agent indicated that they would manually enter ticket numbers and flights into the system if they didn't post correctly. They would have done it for me today but I didn't want to abuse my privileges so I said I would wait for them to post manually. With the extended deadline I can wait a day or two since I am not flying again until the 18th.

I have a lot of travel coming up in the next few months so getting back to SE will be of significant benefit. This will mean that I have had SE in every year since 1998!
Finally a civilized policy and this issue can be put to rest. ^
Old Oct 15, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: Air Canada
Hi..

The exact same thing happened to me. I got my threshhold certificates about 2 weeks before recieving my Elite card+certs, then a week after that got another couple of threshhold certs. Took about a month to get my Elite card.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: Gate Lice, Credit Card Cattle
Smile

Originally Posted by getaround
Looks like you must have passed a threshold for the 2 bonus extra SWU's; you will recieve your other package separately to this one.

Everytime you pass a threshold of miles flown you will be sent more SWU's fly alot and you will get 2 SSWU's.

Cheers.
Hi all,
Been a lurker for a few months and finally have the courage to register an account.

Just made the early Elite status in end-Sept. Still waiting for my benefits package. I also receive the 2 bonus extra SWU's in the mail last week.

I would like to thank all the experience members for sharing their wonderful Aeroplan advise and tips.

Cheers! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.