Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC*E
Look on the card

The expiration date on mine is February 29, 2008.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
Originally Posted by greenlotus
Logged in this morning and got the message to choose my choice benefits in 30 days! woohoo!
Opened the mail today and to my surprise was the nice gold envelope with my luggage tags and upgrade certs! It didn't even take 2 weeks for me. Said it was mailed out Nov 16th and arrived Nov. 23rd. Not too bad! I thought it was going to take much longer!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: AC S100K
I will cross the 100K mark on my flight tonight. Does anyone know if they are still doing this as indicated in the first page of this thread??

Early Status "Lite"

In past experience if you cross the status mile threshold after the early recognition deadline, you will not receive the full early status benefits (like card and upgrade certs), but you will be recognized with your new status on the Aeroplan website, on your boarding passes (see above), and in dealings with AP/AC on the phone and via the website. You might very well get into AC lounges with your boarding pass and a printout from the website, but not necessarily. And you are quite unlikely to get Star Alliance Gold benefits without your Elite card in hand.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I crossed SE threshold on Nov 15, all flights posted by Nov 18, and I haven't seen anything acknowledging early qualification, so I think we missed it.

Only big difference I can see by not getting it early though is the bonus miles on AC flights (100% instead of 50%). I have no plans to redeem Aeroplan miles at this moment, so IKK benefit not an issue. As E, you already get access to the MLL.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I crossed SE threshold on Nov 15, all flights posted by Nov 18, and I haven't seen anything acknowledging early qualification, so I think we missed it.
I think they advertised Oct 15th but internally held to Nov 15th posting date which is too bad. Congratulations for getting it the hard way! (segments right?)

The other main surprise for me was the extra 5,000 mile bonus which motivated me a bit to get to 150k since I was at around 140k by Dec 31 already I think they will give you the status January 1 effectively if this year was any indication! I wonder if your AP web site when logged in will update to say Super Elite?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 4:16 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I think they will give you the status January 1 effectively if this year was any indication! I wonder if your AP web site when logged in will update to say Super Elite?
In the past when I moved from "E" to "SE" late in the year and did not make the cutoff date, I did find that Jan 01 the website should my SE status and I was able to take advantage of SE benefits even though technically I was not SE for another 2 months.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by threeputt
I will cross the 100K mark on my flight tonight. Does anyone know if they are still doing this as indicated in the first page of this thread??

Early Status "Lite"

In past experience...
Since I now carry the same status from year to year, I have no way of verifying if some of the unpublished benefits carry over from year to year.

It depends on people noticing that they are recognized as being E or SE (or P) on websites and boarding passes and reporting that fact here, ideally in this thread. So, keep checking to see if you are recognized on the AP website, and let us know here how it turns out.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Early qualification

I called Aeroplan this morning to plead my case. They suggested I send an e-mail to [email protected].

I did and and got this automated response back:

This is an automated response. Your e-mail has been successfully received.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your 2008 Air Canada membership status. Kindly note, we will begin reviewing accounts for status upgrades in January; therefore, you may expect to receive a reply to your request sometime prior to March 1st.
Great, just great.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:01 pm

Only big difference I can see by not getting it early though is the bonus miles on AC flights (100% instead of 50%). I have no plans to redeem Aeroplan miles at this moment, so IKK benefit not an issue. As E, you already get access to the MLL.
Sent an e-mail enquiring about this but was told I have to wait until March 1 next year.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It is likely that benefit selection emails will start going out within the next two weeks to those who have crossed the requisite status thresholds by the end of this month. And once choices are made, kits start arriving shortly after the holidays. So while you may miss SE benefits during December, you're quite likely to have your new SE card by mid-January and your new status will appear January 1st when the 2007 numbers vanish.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However, I assume bonus miles won't start until March 1? For instance, right now I'm getting 50% bonus with Elite. I plan to chose 100% bonus with SE. Any chance it might start earlier?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
It is likely that benefit selection emails will start going out within the next two weeks to those who have crossed the requisite status thresholds by the end of this month. And once choices are made, kits start arriving shortly after the holidays. So while you may miss SE benefits during December, you're quite likely to have your new SE card by mid-January and your new status will appear January 1st when the 2007 numbers vanish.
I would be happy with if that was approach they take.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uselessheadrest
The expiration date on mine is February 29, 2008.
Exact same date as mines!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
However, I assume bonus miles won't start until March 1? For instance, right now I'm getting 50% bonus with Elite. I plan to chose 100% bonus with SE. Any chance it might start earlier?
Bonus miles follow the calendar year so you will get the 100% for Jan - Dec.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Lev
Bonus miles follow the calendar year so you will get the 100% for Jan - Dec.
Yes - I recall now for 2007 that after the status year started AE went back and corrected my account to ensure I had the bonus miles for flights taken in Jan and Feb 2007.

However not sure if the 100% bonus will satisfy her appetite for miles!!

Last edited by PreferBulkhead; Nov 29, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.