Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Once again the TPE concierge team continues to be the best among AC's global operations.

What started as a simple ? led to a detailed ACARS message/fax delivered to the flight deck for us.

Despite resolving the issue we were then met at the jetbridge. Then the youngest member of our group failed the thermal imaging scanner and was detained by health immigration officials. Would have been much worse without concierge present.

Ironic that just yesterday I was questioning if our whole family still needs to be Super Elite...

Last edited by expert7700; Apr 15, 2019 at 5:52 am
Old May 10, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Don’t know if I should start a new thread or not... there is now a concierge at YYJ!

I’ve interacted with her on multiple occasions before she became a concierge - she’ll be a great addition to the concierge team!
Old May 10, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Don’t know if I should start a new thread or not... there is now a concierge at YYJ!

I’ve interacted with her on multiple occasions before she became a concierge - she’ll be a great addition to the concierge team!
Interesting.

Anyway, AC needs to update their website with this.
And I had no idea there is a concierge at YTZ until I looked at the cities list just now at ac.com.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-services.html
Old May 10, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*

wowowow I'm so excited about this news!

Now we just need an MLL...
Jebby_ca and canadiancow like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
wowowow I'm so excited about this news!

Now we just need an MLL...
Just fly to YVR for an MLL. Sheesh.

(but yes, YYJ was a location I thought could use a concierge or two, IMHO)

Glad @Jebby_ca had a positive encounter with the concierge there!
Old May 10, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus

Happy news! (And if her name starts with an M, I'm doubly happy, for I have long thought she would make a great concierge!)
Old May 10, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by kenlor
Happy news! (And if her name starts with an M, I'm doubly happy, for I have long thought she would make a great concierge!)
Her name starts with a V.

There was also another agent dressed in the black concierge uniform, but I don’t know her name.
Old May 10, 2019, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

There was also another agent dressed in the black concierge uniform, but I don’t know her name.
I can't imagine an airport like YYJ would have fewer than 4 positions available (or in other words, enough to have one on duty for all flights). That's not to say they'd all be filled immediately though.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus

Good to know, thanks @jebby!
Old May 20, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Today I felt the concierge went above and beyond.

I came in late last night to Zurich on Swiss and managed to leave my passport on the plane- seat pocket row 1 - - typical. It was a tiring day and the weather was very bad on arrival - I think I was just not thinking. Add that to being a bus gate on arrival and I was just in a hurry to get off the plane.

Early in the morning, I called lost and found and the airport police and at this point, no passport had been turned in. I thought it would help to go to the plane to look but was at a loss to figure out how I could get someone to go to the departing flight for that aircraft (in Zurich - the planes are all announced for their schedule by registration number on the airport website - plus flightradar24 is your friend). As a long shot, I called the concierge - knowing the concierge was on duty but the inbound AC flight was not going to be in yet. Basically - the concierge call centre got the concierge on the phone truly within minutes - and she was off to the gate without delay. At that point - departure was T-45 minutes for this Swiss E90 plane. Now - ultimately, the passport was not in the plane - but the effort was unbelievable. Even when I made the trip later in the morning to the airport to see the police, they said the AC concierge had also come by - -. Then I got a call about 15 minutes after pushback of the AC flight with a complete summary of the efforts to help look for my passport. All in - she balanced the efforts to look for this passport with her normal proper concierge duties. There was nothing more that she could have tried.

Now - end of day - happy story - passport located. But that call to me earlier in the day, which said that they went to the plane and looked - and it was not there - basically reassured me that it would be found . . somehow.

I don't know what to say - but this made me truly think about how some people just go above and beyond. I don't remember exactly the name but pretty sure it started with "M" - - - Will find that out tomorrow.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
Today I felt the concierge went above and beyond.

I came in late last night to Zurich on Swiss and managed to leave my passport on the plane- seat pocket row 1 - - typical. It was a tiring day and the weather was very bad on arrival - I think I was just not thinking. Add that to being a bus gate on arrival and I was just in a hurry to get off the plane.

Early in the morning, I called lost and found and the airport police and at this point, no passport had been turned in. I thought it would help to go to the plane to look but was at a loss to figure out how I could get someone to go to the departing flight for that aircraft (in Zurich - the planes are all announced for their schedule by registration number on the airport website - plus flightradar24 is your friend). As a long shot, I called the concierge - knowing the concierge was on duty but the inbound AC flight was not going to be in yet. Basically - the concierge call centre got the concierge on the phone truly within minutes - and she was off to the gate without delay. At that point - departure was T-45 minutes for this Swiss E90 plane. Now - ultimately, the passport was not in the plane - but the effort was unbelievable. Even when I made the trip later in the morning to the airport to see the police, they said the AC concierge had also come by - -. Then I got a call about 15 minutes after pushback of the AC flight with a complete summary of the efforts to help look for my passport. All in - she balanced the efforts to look for this passport with her normal proper concierge duties. There was nothing more that she could have tried.

Now - end of day - happy story - passport located. But that call to me earlier in the day, which said that they went to the plane and looked - and it was not there - basically reassured me that it would be found . . somehow.

I don't know what to say - but this made me truly think about how some people just go above and beyond. I don't remember exactly the name but pretty sure it started with "M" - - - Will find that out tomorrow.
Marina?
Old May 20, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Thanks to Carolyn at SYD for thoughtful, proactive service when AC 033 arrived late on May 16.
lcohen999 and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Thanks to Karen at YVR for all the time and work she put into helping me get home early.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Flew out of FCO for the first time today. Andreea (I think the spelling is right) is amazing. I didn't really need anything, but she was there for the checkin and at the gate, giving updates on the reason for a short delay, and brought water to my seat when there was any after boarding.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:39 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks go to Michael at BRU for helping out me and the wife last week. We were doing ARN-BRU-YUL-YYC with 65 minutes to connect at BRU. No problem, right, as long as the inbound is on time? Well, it is if the immigration line is well over an hour long and the airport officials DGAF ("you should be at the airport 3 hours before your flight" - pretty hard to do when the airline sold me a 65-minute connection). Thankfully I called the main concierge line, they tracked down and connected me with Michael, and he got us fast-tracked through. No way we would have made our flight if he hadn't. So, thanks, Michael!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.