Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
You should see the carts at BKK for F, they fly around doing at least 25-30 kph honking their horn brushing people aside. Sure gives you the feeling of a true DYKWIM
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
You should see the carts at BKK for F, they fly around doing at least 25-30 kph honking their horn brushing people aside. Sure gives you the feeling of a true DYKWIM
DYKWIM? Not sure if a typo...but haven't heard that one before!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
DYKWIM? Not sure if a typo...but haven't heard that one before!
"Do You Know Who I Maim"?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YYZC2
LOL
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:36 am

Indeed, slight lapse in spelling, though the alternative is rather fitting.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Do You Know WhoM I Maim

Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Thumbs up Looks like Concierge service coming to DCA

AC's Taleo job portal has a concierge job listing for DCA, looks like another airport we can look forward to saying "Thanks Concierge!"

Concierge - Permanent Full Time - Washington D.C.-13792

Position Summary
  • The primary function of an Air Canada Concierge is to ease the way for our premium customers throughout their entire airport experience.
  • This role includes all premium customer touch points such as check-in, Maple Leaf lounges along with traditional personal services.
  • The position is modeled after concierge service found in 5 star hotels.
  • The position is a busy one with duties that vary from day to day depending on the diverse requirements of our top tier premium customers.
  • A Concierge is always helpful, always follows through with a request and always has the right attitude. The Concierge creates a sense of comfort and recognition for our premium customers with a simple philosophy:

“IF IT IS POSSIBLE, CONSIDER IT DONE.”

This is a permanent, full-time position.

Hourly rate of $10.98/hr
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:23 pm

Wow the pay sure is disappointing, I expected more...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:24 pm

Hourly rate of $10.98/hr

10.98/hr? That'll get you quality applicants
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mromalley

Hourly rate of $10.98/hr

10.98/hr? That'll get you quality applicants
And someone was saying on here that asian airlines pay their staff poorly. I think this is across the board.

I bet you union dues (if it's like any other) aren't included (my guess, I've never been part of one). I wonder what the pension's like?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Thumbs up Concierge service coming to YYT, too

Originally Posted by jaysona
AC's Taleo job portal has a concierge job listing for DCA, looks like another airport we can look forward to saying "Thanks Concierge!"
Had a conversation with a check-in agent this past weekend at YYT, and he said there will be four concierge positions hired for YYT. I like it because YYT is my home base, which gets all sorts of weather delays and cancellations.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE
Good to see them expanding the concierge service, but am really surprised at the pay scales ($10.98/hr in DCA, which isn't a cheap area to live). I'd expect that wage would be lower than most, if not all of the check-in agents, which seems odd to me. I'd thought the concierge roles would be positioned at a slightly higher level than the check-in agents so they'd get better quality staff.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: ACAlt,SPG,MR
Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer
What a nice surprise to see my name on a sign waiting as I get off my plane in ORD to have Paul hand me a piece of paper and tell me where my connecting gate is as well as the United Club.

Nice touch from Paul the concierge.
Another nod for Paul and the whole team at ORD. This team is far and away the most proactive team I have experienced. Most recently on Wednesday I could not check in my AC flights with the UA agent in STL for some reason. As I rushed through the long walk at ORD anxious to make the cnxn my phone rang from an Illinois number. It was Paul telling me he had noticed I was coming through and although was on my UA flight, had not checked in for my AC connections. He had done it for me and told me to take my time.

Previously another ORD member went out of his way to get me and my pregnant wife home during a brutal storm in January of 2014. I was on an AE ticket with UA who had rebooked us for 4 days later. ORD concierge got us out, in J 2 hours later. I will always remember that.

It is just another reason that Chicago is my favourite US city to visit!

You guys get it so thanks ORD Concierge Team!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Grands mercis à Marie-Josée Concierge à CDG. Super service during IRROPS at CDG a couple of days ago...
Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mromalley

Hourly rate of $10.98/hr
Brutal.
Sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.