Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I am a little surprised the 20 core eUps haven't shown up yet (the rest of my account is now in a good state).

I won't be selecting benefits for a looooong time, but I'm happy I can start getting the FP SQM as I buy them, instead of fighting for them at the end of the year when I finally select benefits.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Was hoping to gift my 90 year old mother E35 status so that she could upgrade a flight next week (aeroplan latitude with open business seats). We're not on her flight
What flight, is there even R space to upgrade to?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
What flight, is there even R space to upgrade to?
YUL to CUR Jan 18, reverse the 25th
Don't have access to R space info but there are seats to be filled

AC indicates space available for latitude

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 4, 2024 at 5:35 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:09 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum

No R space on either flight, the outbound is only J2. I doubt this would clear and it doesn’t matter at all if there are “seats to be filled”. I know sometimes Latitude can clear at R0 but I wouldn’t count on it.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:10 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

Looking at the seat chart, feels chances are slim unless you do a latitude booking now. Maybe a different story on a 40J 773 for an E35K..not on a a319. Perhaps selecting a different option like 35% extra ae points is better off at this point.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: this is not the eUpgrade thread or the fare bucket check thread. Let's please keep this thread on topic.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Circles are zeroed out. But no 20 eups, no status pass, no lounge passes, and shows picking for 2023 benefits.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
No circles, no option to select anything, but my 20 eupgrades just came and my HND-YYZ flight for the gf and I still had R space for November, upgrade done and stress lifted. Good luck to others!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
20 core Eups just showed up, with an expiry of 16 Jan 2026?!

I thought they’d have the same expiry as the Eups from select benefits would have?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by warpdryv
That's very strange.

But as an aside.... what on earth is the red exclamation mark for? On mine it says they're near expiration but that's because they expire in two weeks. Does it *always* mark the next batch to expire with a red exclamation mark even if they're due to expire in over a year?

Are the 159 your new core eups or ones left over from last year? Is it possible this is a display bug and both years are off by one?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Yeah I saw that. Only 12 months before they expire. I’d better hurry up and use them. That won’t be a problem at all.

The 159 were earned after July 1st last year (run from no status all the way to SE) so the expiry is correct and they should last me until about August/September which will be perfect timing.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by warpdryv

I thought they’d have the same expiry as the Eups from select benefits would have?
Mine are now showing dated 04 Jan. Along with a 01 Jan threshold award I have 40 expiring 16 Jan 2026.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Does it *always* mark the next batch to expire with a red exclamation mark even if they're due to expire in over a year?
Yes. It's useless.
canadiancow, SPG_Fan and yulscs like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:29 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Mine are showing as expiring January 17 2026..... not January 16.

Another mystery that would be nice to solve..... why do some people expire on the 16th and others the 17th. It was like this last year too.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by warrens
Mine are showing as expiring January 17 2026..... not January 16.

Another mystery that would be nice to solve..... why do some people expire on the 16th and others the 17th. It was like this last year too.
If I had to guess, it's because your computer is set to a different time zone. Likely one east of Toronto.
Xyzzy and yulscs like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.