Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by The Lev
How old are your "kids". You are entitled to being as many "family" members in with you as you have (family as defined by AC): "you can invite immediate family members* (spouse and dependent children)".
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...enefits.html#/
thanks. That’s true of MLL, but I meant lounges accessed by being star alliance gold, non-MLLs such as a LH Senator lounge. Sorry not to have been clear.
The Lev likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 3:55 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Reading the wording of the announcement, I can’t see how it could be interpreted that more news was to come.

​​​In August 2023, we shared several improvements to your Status benefits that were designed to make your Elite experience simpler, more rewarding, and easier to share with loved ones. These changes included doubling eUpgrade Companion benefits, making your Status Passes more flexible, and introducing online flight reward changes.

We also hinted that additional changes were coming. Now, as we close out 2023 and prepare for another great year of travel, we’re ready to share the details of these improvements with you.

​​​​
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: SE MM
Selecting benefits?

When can this happen. Passed 100k two weeks ago and, for the life of me, cannot see anywhere on my dashboard where I can select 2024 benefits. Are they not yet selectable or what am I missing?
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flamengo
When can this happen. Passed 100k two weeks ago and, for the life of me, cannot see anywhere on my dashboard where I can select 2024 benefits. Are they not yet selectable or what am I missing?
You likely won't be able to select 2024 benefits until at least January 1.
flamengo and wjw like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:15 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
thanks. That’s true of MLL, but I meant lounges accessed by being star alliance gold, non-MLLs such as a LH Senator lounge. Sorry not to have been clear.
Star alliance access policy is +1 guest only. You cannot bring your whole family in.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Yes I can, since I gifted my wife 50k. That’s why I did it, in part; because Star Alliance Gold is +1, I need both parents to have Star Gold status. All this is clear upthread in the discussion that culminates in the comment you replied to.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You likely won't be able to select 2024 benefits until at least January 1.
So if one were to obtain a new status with five days left in 2023 and be invited to selected 2023 benefits based on the new status, then come Jan 1st they would be able to selected a different set of benefits for 2024?
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by marchelli
So if one were to obtain a new status with five days left in 2023 and be invited to selected 2023 benefits based on the new status, then come Jan 1st they would be able to selected a different set of benefits for 2024?
yes, 2 selection years
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:35 pm

In theory yes, assuming that new status is one level above or greater than what you held for the beginning of 2014. What I am not certain of is the time lag for AC to recognize and process this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
In Dec 2021 when I got a change in status from E50 to E75 as a result of a COVID related CC deal they were running. I chose the new benefits on Dec 29th, which is when the website said I had the new status ( I don't think I got an email).
Then early 2022 I chose benefits for the new benefit year - giving me a double dose of eups, as well as other additional benefits.
It may be different now.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Please post when you are able to select your 2024 status benefits.
stelkaYOW and hoipolloi like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Please post when you are able to select your 2024 status benefits.
Yes please!

Got status extended (35K) through 2024 via promo (for earning 10K points via CIBC Aeroplan card).. then spent $50K on Chase Aeroplan card to earn status level up.

Gotta try to pick 35K benefits ASAP before 50K status kicks , from status level up perk, in so I get to double dip on eUpgrade credits and MLL guest pass refills
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Yes please!

Got status extended (35K) through 2024 via promo (for earning 10K points via CIBC Aeroplan card).. then spent $50K on Chase Aeroplan card to earn status level up.

Gotta try to pick 35K benefits ASAP before 50K status kicks , from status level up perk, in so I get to double dip on eUpgrade credits and MLL guest pass refills
Good luck! Last year it forced selected random benefits for folks who got the Chase bump so you might be a bit out of luck if you are relying to chose the benefits most tailored to you.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:39 am

Programs: AC SE (P); Marriott Plat; Accor Plat; KQ Plat
AC IT got tired of being criticized... they removed all status trackers from the app and the website. Apparently just zero-ing them was too complex. (Sorry it's a bit of a new year tradition to complain about the state of AC IT.)
billdokes and YYC traveler like this.

Last edited by GeekyFlyer; Jan 2, 2024 at 3:06 am
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:06 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by GeekyFlyer
AC IT got tired of being criticized... they removed all status trackers from the app and the website. Apparently just zero-ing them was too complex. (Sorry it's a bit of a new year tradition to complaint about the state of AC IT.)
Yuppers. Except for a while they forgot the threshold trackers so you could still see those (except they weren't updated with SQM/SQD from the last day or two). It's an interesting strategy..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.