Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Data point: earned 75k BIS back in September, and still nothing online or in the mail. Card in app shows Dec 2024 expiry, but that's it.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:49 am

I am usually the type to select my benefits as soon as I can. But I have read in past years to wait until July.
Is that still the best practice to extend the validity of the credits?
I'm expecting to have some eUp rollover from 2023 via my TD VIP credit card.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
I am usually the type to select my benefits as soon as I can. But I have read in past years to wait until July.
Is that still the best practice to extend the validity of the credits?
I'm expecting to have some eUp rollover from 2023 via my TD VIP credit card.
Yes, if you will not require the credits I would delay the selection until July. You can choose at any time if something changes so there is no need to select now unless there is another benefit you want immediately.
Zmenashy likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Wigg
Yes, if you will not require the credits I would delay the selection until July. You can choose at any time if something changes so there is no need to select now unless there is another benefit you want immediately.
If I select the 75% bonus in July, does it retroactively credit back to January though?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
If I select the 75% bonus in July, does it retroactively credit back to January though?
Yes
kalderlake and Wigg like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K
yes
Wigg likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:15 pm

I was able to select benefits but my core e-ups never posted. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; BA ExecClub; Flying Blue
Air Canada told me today that we should receive an invitation email to select our benefits.
Neither my wife nor I have received one. But my wife was able to select her benefits.
I have not.
Has anyone received an email?

How long can you wait to select?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 11, 2024 at 1:14 am
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by illico
I was able to select benefits but my core e-ups never posted. Has anyone else had this happen?
yes - I selected my select on Sunday Jan 7, core and select e-ups posted together on Jan 8.

Originally Posted by Zmenashy
How long can you wait to select?
End of the year, and depending on your selection some may be retroactive (e.g. the aeroplan bonus %). if you go wait until past July 1, then your e-ups will expire mid-year of the following year instead of Jan (someone please correct me if I got that wrong). Your other things e.g. lounge passes don't have extended expiry, and will still expire end of current year.

If you earn early recognition - then i'm not 100% sure but I also think end of year as well.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 11, 2024 at 1:16 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by homegrowned
End of the year, and depending on your selection some may be retroactive (e.g. the aeroplan bonus %). if you go wait until past July 1, then your e-ups will expire mid-year of the following year instead of Jan (someone please correct me if I got that wrong). Your other things e.g. lounge passes don't have extended expiry, and will still expire end of current year.

If you earn early recognition - then i'm not 100% sure but I also think end of year as well.
E ups if selected before July will have a Jan 16, 2025 expiry. After that the expiry will be Jan 16, 2026.
billdokes and kalderlake like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:52 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Wigg
E ups if selected before July will have a Jan 16, 2025 expiry. After that the expiry will be Jan 16, 2026.
Has this been verified to be true in 2024? Have we heard from someone who did their Select Benefits, chose eUpgrades, and received them with a January 2025 expiry?

A lot of us received our 20 core eUpgrades with a January 2026 expiry, so I remain suspicious something about the policy has changed.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by warrens
Has this been verified to be true in 2024? Have we heard from someone who did their Select Benefits, chose eUpgrades, and received them with a January 2025 expiry?

A lot of us received our 20 core eUpgrades with a January 2026 expiry, so I remain suspicious something about the policy has changed.
I didnt choose select eUps but my 2024 threshold eUps that I just received have a 2025 expiry.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond

Yes, I selected benefits for one family account (35K) and the e-ups were posted with Jan 2025 expiry.

For the core e-ups, only 1 of 4 postings had the Jan 2026 date.
warrens likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:37 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Ubud
Yes, I selected benefits for one family account (35K) and the e-ups were posted with Jan 2025 expiry.

For the core e-ups, only 1 of 4 postings had the Jan 2026 date.
Core e-Ups posted a few days ago (20) - Jan 2026 expiry

Threshold e-Ups posted yesterday (40) with rollover - Jan 2025 expiry
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:31 am

In the absence of an announcement, I suspect this is an error, along with the status packages, etc. If it was a change in policy why would AC not announce it and attempt to get some goodwill out of it? Initially I expected it to be corrected, but with the passage of time that appears less likely but still possible as the effect on a member would be negligible (you still can't book past Dec 2024 today on AC).

On a side note, I assume AC execs must be aware of the issues - there should be some intersting discussions around the table as this is a real cluster, maybe visible only to a small contingent of very engaged members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.